Swamp of the Undead (HHN 33) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Swamp of the Undead (HHN 33)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This zone is looking gorgeous. I know there was speculation that it was a last-minute addition, but it certainly doesn't look that way.

This zone is looking gorgeous. I know there was speculation that it was a last-minute addition, but it certainly doesn't look that way.

It wasn’t.

I had been told that Torture Faire and Swamp (at a minimum) were somewhat late adjustments resulting from Entertainment and A&D’s focus on fixing the parade. A lot of resources (time and money) got adjusted to the daytime entertainment. So “simpler,” less high-level concepts were decided on instead of the originally rumored zones that required a LOT of meticulous scenic (Toys / Latin).

So, in short - Kinda, but not the way you
Legacy mentioned this but not sure if it ended up being false?

It's a solid zone with good performances and some really great sets. It's missing that X-Factor right now unfortunately. The theming and costumes are just a little generic, it's kinda just Zombies.

I noticed that the Fog machines are on full blast, and it's caused the ground to become absolutely drenched. I was honestly a little worried for some of the Scareactors doing big jumps and lunges, and the guests reacting to them, just feels like a big slippery floor to accidentally knock your head onto. By the end of the night, all of the Fog Liquid was dripping down halfway to the Kidzone flags. I wonder if they turn those down at some point.

It's a solid zone with good performances and some really great sets. It's missing that X-Factor right now unfortunately. The theming and costumes are just a little generic, it's kinda just Zombies.

I noticed that the Fog machines are on full blast, and it's caused the ground to become absolutely drenched. I was honestly a little worried for some of the Scareactors doing big jumps and lunges, and the guests reacting to them, just feels like a big slippery floor to accidentally knock your head onto. By the end of the night, all of the Fog Liquid was dripping down halfway to the Kidzone flags. I wonder if they turn those down at some point.
100% seconded. I like the zone, but I actually think it has become a falling hazard. Particularly for fast-moving actors. I was walking slow and almost slipped.

For those that are saying this zone would do well to have an “X-factor”, I think the podcast explains lays out a great concept. You have the bounty hunter “hero” sitting on the treehouse, heckling people in the swamp and chastising them for not following “the rules of the swamp”, telling stories of all the zombies in there that he killed and fed to the swamp, etc. To really put a “Sur33al” twist on it, the swamp could “talk back” to him with a burbling sound effect and some pulsing lights to make the fog seem sentient, and have them bicker like the Knight Bus conductor. Could make for a proper comedy zone and give the area some dwell time. Not sure if they allow guns in zones any more, but he could take pot shots at any zombies that get too close to his perch, big “Last of Us” energy.

On cast changes, he could get dragged down and turned into a zombie.

The only thing would be ensuring the zone has enough space, but I find this sort of thing worked really well with the “scenes” in Trick-r-Treat.

For those that are saying this zone would do well to have an “X-factor”, I think the podcast explains lays out a great concept. You have the bounty hunter “hero” sitting on the treehouse, heckling people in the swamp and chastising them for not following “the rules of the swamp”, telling stories of all the zombies in there that he killed and fed to the swamp, etc. To really put a “Sur33al” twist on it, the swamp could “talk back” to him with a burbling sound effect and some pulsing lights to make the fog seem sentient, and have them bicker like the Knight Bus conductor. Could make for a proper comedy zone and give the area some dwell time. Not sure if they allow guns in zones any more, but he could take pot shots at any zombies that get too close to his perch, big “Last of Us” energy.

On cast changes, he could get dragged down and turned into a zombie.

The only thing would be ensuring the zone has enough space, but I find this sort of thing worked really well with the “scenes” in Trick-r-Treat.

I haven't listened to any of the podcasts, so I didn't realize there was this much lore written up for it. Your idea of executing on it sounds great and fairly doable. I wonder why they didn't.