Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

Honestly, most days Simpsons seems just as rough and run-down to me. That ride system is at the end of its shelf-life if you ask me.

When I ride The Simpsons it can feel rough. When I rode Back to the Future it felt downright painful.
I believe the profile is less jerky....I say demolish it and build a Nuclear Plant dark ride haha

:topic:

It was mentioned a while back that Universal decided to use its own it IP instead of Bond. Has anyone heard any details as to why that decision was made or if there is a future for Bond in the parks?

Haha what? Just because an IP is owned by Universal doesn't mean it will make a good attraction, nor does it mean that an attraction based on that IP would be a good business decision.

Sometimes there is a saying to which that the more people jump to conclusions, the more people won't give things a fair shot.

I think it's fair that we can be hesitant, especially considering Stink Pickle from Hollywood/Orlando...however, if this is going in the way I think, of a indoor stunt show, then I think we need to wait to see what Universal Creative's show division (or A&D, pick ye' Fancy) can concoct with a 1.5 year project like Bourne. This doesn't seem to me of having the stench of what Supercharged was, and that I think there is potential when it comes to Bourne as a show IP.

Sometimes there is a saying to which that the more people jump to conclusions, the more people won't give things a fair shot.

I think it's fair that we can be hesitant, especially considering Stink Pickle from Hollywood/Orlando...however, if this is going in the way I think, of a indoor stunt show, then I think we need to wait to see what Universal Creative's show division (or A&D, pick ye' Fancy) can concoct with a 1.5 year project like Bourne. This doesn't seem to me of having the stench of what Supercharged was, and that I think there is potential when it comes to Bourne as a show IP.
I'm not saying that I have low expectations for this show, just that an IP's attraction potential shouldn't be judged on their Universal ownership. I actually think this will end up being a worthy replacement for T2, but a Bond show would have been FANTASTIC.

Bourne just sounds like a bad idea. Something about this project seems fishy. I don't see it doing well or porting over as an indoor stunt show well. JMO

Bond carries a very different audience which spans generations!
I had heard that USA Network is doing a Bourne themed show. Wouldnt be surprised in the slightest to see a cross promotion of sorts to make the franchise relevant in 2019

Honestly, other than some suits and music, I think a Bourne and Bond show would be just about the same thing. A well trained guy goes and takes out the bad guys himself. There will be fights, guns, people falling off things, maybe some explosions. Theres not much that would differentiate the actual shows.

Honestly, other than some suits and music, I think a Bourne and Bond show would be just about the same thing. A well trained guy goes and takes out the bad guys himself. There will be fights, guns, people falling off things, maybe some explosions. Theres not much that would differentiate the actual shows.

Agreed, if Universal Creative was told they need to make a stunt show that COULD be either Bond or Bourne, they're going to try to make one that accommodates both, and really there isn't a huge difference between them these days.

If we're talking about 1960's James Bond it would probably be different, but the modern movies are less over-the-top

The only thing that I can see Bourne set itself apart, is if they go in on the aspect of how Bourne is very fast moving, around environments and what-not. I think there can be some real fun scenes in play with elements of parkour, advanced movement, and what-not have you.

The only thing I am curious, considering if this is a stunt show (as it's seeming) is if UPR will bring Action Horizons to help with the show, similar to how they've been doing Waterworld for a long time.

If it’s based on a high energy based Universal franchise since that’s pretty much confirmed up to this point that rules out Star Trek. Jason Bourne sounds like a heavy candidate now. James Bond maybe they should wait until the 4th gate since we don’t know what the new bond film looks like yet. Rather not create an attraction until we see how the new film does right?