T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If they're going to attempt The Walking Dead Attraction in Orlando (and I'm not convinced they should or will), the experience needs to be far more substantial than the Hollywood version. Hollywood only has six scenes (that number alone is generous) with an average of 12 performers on-set, day-to-day. It feels bare, short, and uninteresting, and doesn't score well with the public.

The Orlando version would need to be double the length with twice the actors, minimum. For a resort that's moving away from unnecessary entertainment labor in attractions (Kong's ONE actor notwithstanding), this doesn't feel especially likely.

I imagine Terminator only has a couple years left, but I doubt TWD takes up the mantle. I'd be way more into it if they could position it in an unoptimized space, but the Studios has been pretty filled to the brim of-late. Naazerman's might've worked if Starbucks/Ben & Jerry's hadn't moved in... could've gone in Soundstage 44 had Transformers not happened... you could maybe shoehorn something small & pretty unimpressive into Cafe La Bamba's space, if food&bev were willing to sacrifice the seldom opened spot. But... at that point... why bother?

Reactions: awhen
In the original days, the Alfred Hitchcock attraction was across from the Hanna-Barbera ride, so there is precedent.

It's almost as if there's a spectrum of filmmaking!

That said, The Walking Dead is particularly gruesome and visually unpleasant in a way that Hitchcock isn't/wasn't. Furthermore, great care has been taken to embellish the placemaking of that area... introducing Walking Dead would probably create a real clash.

Unless, of course, they moved the entrance over to Hollywood (next to Brown Derby), freeing up a decades-long roadblock and shifting more foot traffic to the right...

In the original days, the Alfred Hitchcock attraction was across from the Hanna-Barbera ride, so there is precedent.

Interesting, I was so young when that closed (13 years old) that I doubt I ever saw it, and if I did I definitely don't remember it.

That said, The Walking Dead is particularly gruesome and visually unpleasant in a way that Hitchcock isn't/wasn't. Furthermore, great care has been taken to embellish the placemaking of that area... introducing Walking Dead would probably create a real clash.

Unless, of course, they moved the entrance over to Hollywood (next to Brown Derby), freeing up a decades-long roadblock and shifting more foot traffic to the right...

That's what I was thinking as well.

Or they could use Shrek's second theater and turn that into TWD and use the entrance next to the Brown Derby for that. Might explain why the return time ticket for Shrek is being tested.

Or they could use Shrek's second theater and turn that into TWD and use the entrance next to the Brown Derby for that. Might explain why the return time ticket for Shrek is being tested.

That occurred to me, but I fear it would doom the Walking Dead attraction from any shot of real success. The two mazes in that space thus far are VERY tight, meaning we'd see a length similar to Hollywood's poorly-reviewed (and many would argue poorly-executed) effort. That is, unless they got really creative and made it two stories, ala House of Horrors... but they're more likely to make a second story part of backstage dressing rooms and the like.

In other words, do it right or don't do it at all.

In the queue for t2 as I type this, new music package playing while we wait. Tvs only have the revolving cyberdyne logo. No Silberman video. Either licensing has run out on the music used in the video or they've updated the music after the pre show update we've all seen by now. Could be an indicator of a coming refurb

In the queue for t2 as I type this, new music package playing while we wait. Tvs only have the revolving cyberdyne logo. No Silberman video. Either licensing has run out on the music used in the video or they've updated the music after the pre show update we've all seen by now. Could be an indicator of a coming refurb

No La Bamba or Bad to the Bone?? Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Though for all I know those could have been gone a long while ago since it's been quite a long time since I actually waited in the queue; normally just walk through it right into the big pre-show room.

Reactions: tankart150
James Cameron is returning to the terminator franchise. Slated to produce along with Tim helm who directed Deadpool. If it's successful, could we see a refurb/update to the effects and maybe a new film? Or going off of Jim Hill's comments from the UUOP Podcast, is the terminator franchise simply no longer in NBC universal's wheelhouse since it doesn't exactly fit their new vision for the resort. Guns, machines, etc. I always take Hill's and all rumors with a grain of salt but if they're headed for PG type attraction for that type of "prime" real estate since it can eat so many crowds, it doesn't really add up to throw in TWD. In alot of ways, TWD doesn't fit either. Although, Hill was also fact checked by JK Rowling regarding his comments on the wizarding world upcoming films.

Or going off of Jim Hill's comments from the UUOP Podcast,
Not sure we can really believe what Jim says after he made the internet explode about the Potter Cursed Child trilogy movies that JK then shot down the next day!

Reactions: Mike S
Not sure we can really believe what Jim says after he made the internet explode about the Potter Cursed Child trilogy movies that JK then shot down the next day!
He'll be long dead before he could do terminator. Doesn't he have 3 avatar films he's going to spend the next 25 years on?

I love the guy's movies- he's an incredible talent of nothing else. But he takes forever to finish any project. No wonder he appealed to Disney.

He'll be long dead before he could do terminator. Doesn't he have 3 avatar films he's going to spend the next 25 years on?

I love the guy's movies- he's an incredible talent of nothing else. But he takes forever to finish any project. No wonder he appealed to Disney.
I was talking about Jim Hill, not Cameron :)

Still having my fingers crossed that someone recorded a video in which Kimberley survives the show (she runs away from the T-1000 instead of being killed). Unfortunately T23D recordings on youtube are rare nowadays.

Heard that Kimberley also has a new outfit since a few months. They are still changing things. However it is weird that the queue vdei osi only the rotating Cyberdyne logo instead of the old promo video.

Still having my fingers crossed that someone recorded a video in which Kimberley survives the show (she runs away from the T-1000 instead of being killed). Unfortunately T23D recordings on youtube are rare nowadays.

Heard that Kimberley also has a new outfit since a few months. They are still changing things. However it is weird that the queue vdei osi only the rotating Cyberdyne logo instead of the old promo video.
They still have the video playing...At least when I went last

All the ride needs is an HD upgrade and a new sound system, it will be the best 3-D theater ever made again...It's still impressive to me, even though it shows its age

They still have the video playing...At least when I went last

All the ride needs is an HD upgrade and a new sound system, it will be the best 3-D theater ever made again...It's still impressive to me, even though it shows its age
Agree. The show is still quite impressive & entertaining. The combination of live action stunt show/screen entertainment is unique among attractions of it's genre. The final scene & the all encompassing fog is one of most effective endings in any theme park attraction.

Perhaps with Fallon going up, something like this attraction can go down for a refurb for a few weeks or more. Have we imagined anything else that desperately needs work?

Reactions: Joel
Perhaps with Fallon going up, something like this attraction can go down for a refurb for a few weeks or more. Have we imagined anything else that desperately needs work?

Besides Shrek needing a bulldozer everything else doesn't really need to close down for an extended refurb. Do you know if they still have the plans to upgrade to HD?

Reactions: Joel and Mike S

Maybe ET. That attraction needs some love or needs to go.

T2 needs it more though. The film quality is poor, the motorcycle breaks frequently, fog never reaches back of the room...it's sad to see it in its current state.

Reactions: Mike S and Frogki