T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Relevant is different than iconic and well known. Jaws, for example, is not necessarily "relevant" but if you mention the name Jaws nearly everybody knows what it is- a big bad shark.

Same for Terminators- Everyone imagines a killer robot or Arnold.

If you say the name Jason Bourne to people, it will be recognized way less than something like Terminator, Jaws, Kong etc would be.
But Bond would fall into that list.

I could see Universal developing the space FOR Bond. If they can't get it, Bourne works. With the talk of this closure being a response to D23, Universal may have been waiting to ensure they got Bond before pulling a trigger but their hand was forced.

But Bond would fall into that list.

I could see Universal developing the space FOR Bond. If they can't get it, Bourne works. With the talk of this closure being a response to D23, Universal may have been waiting to ensure they got Bond before pulling a trigger but their hand was forced.

Yeah, they probably can do most of the renovation work without it mattering what IP goes in. They can get the theatre, seating and stage work mostly done and it fit whatever property they choose. That gives them probably a year to decide.

Reactions: JungleSkip
So sad that T23D will be removed. I have some kind and warm memories of that show and loved the kindness of cast and crew. What also frustrates me is the short notice, the short time window in which it will close. A month. It is hard for a European like me to make arrangements in such a short time for a possible final visit. Yes, specially for the T23D show as it has a special place in my heart.

I'm kinda shocked at all the way-out guessing here. USH is getting a DreamWorks Animation Theater in place of the fairly large Shrek theater, so why haven't we heard anything about UO getting one too? There's no way an attraction this cheap won't be coming over here. The only reason I could think of for the delay is for the decision on where to put it. A lot more dominoes have to fall to put it in Orlando, whereas in Hollywood it was only one domino.

The first problem is the Shrek theater at USF is smaller than the one at USH, if I am recalling correctly. Furthermore, that location is atrocious, having become even more annoying now that Despicable Me is so popular. The most obvious solution is to turn T2 into the DWA Theater and close Shrek when it opens, perhaps converting it into another theater for the Minions, like at USH. The wording of the PR seems to fit, though why would they be all secretive about it when they've announced it for USH? Maybe so people don't hear T2 AND Shrek closing in the same release?

Toon Lagoon is obviously a major candidate for a DWA retheme, so maybe they were finalizing the decision on NOT making that a DWA land? Because the theater over there could probably easily be turned into a DWA Theater. Because Secret Life of Pets is back on? Will Illumination take over Toon Lagoon? Or do they have bigger plans for the DWA characters for Toon Lagoon that will expand out to the theater's acreage? The best odds are on T2 turning into the DWA Theater, but that still raises a lot of interesting questions about other areas of the resort...

I'm kinda shocked at all the way-out guessing here. USH is getting a DreamWorks Animation Theater in place of the fairly large Shrek theater, so why haven't we heard anything about UO getting one too? There's no way an attraction this cheap won't be coming over here.
Why, if it's so "cheap", does it take so long?

Just catching up on the news that T2:3D is closing it's doors. I'm definitely in one of those positions of saying " I wish I witnessed it last time I was there". Then again, if I really cared that much about it - I would have. I harbour fond memories of the show from my childhood. I used to be terrified of shows like it. 3D just did not agree with my young brain. Honey I Shrunk The Audience was another that petrified me for some reason. However, the older I got the more I loved it. It deserves to go down in history, but it is about time it was replaced.

If T2 did become the DW Theater, maybe they could demo Shrek and reroute the guest path around a SSFL that buts up against DM:MM. That would definitely change up the front of the park. Maybe retheme Beverly Hills Boulangerie to be more production themed and then change Monster's Cafe to become part of New York.

Edit: Better idea would be to relocate the stage to the site of Shrek and keep the Hollywood facades to the back side with it facing towards Monster's Cafe. Then replace the current stage area with SSFL and retheme HRRR at the same time.

Last edited:
Realistically, the show will be basically the same either way, just a different skin over its bones. So as long as it's a good show, it'll be good either way
It's odd that they specifically said "Universal franchise". Aside from that being corporate/geek lingo, it's weird to write it on a destination resort website. But it sounds to me like they may have settled on Bourne. So until further developments, I'm going with, "Bourne in a Motion Theater".

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike S and Alicia
It's odd that they specifically said "Universal franchise". Aside from that being corporate/geek lingo, it's weird to write it on a destination resort website. But it sounds to me like they may have settled on Bourne. So until until further developments, I'm going with, "Bourne in a Motion Theater".
"Born (Bourne) In The USA" ;)

Reactions: Mike S