Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

Apr 29, 2013
Florida
*mod edit*

T2:3D is closing Oct 8th.

*mod edit*

Rumors have been going around from @Marni1971 and some other folks, suggesting that T2 has been approved for a refurbishment that will consist of a new pre-show, tech upgrades and other changes. No details have been given. Lets discuss this here..

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow Jwhee, it seems you have some info too. That's a pretty big elaboration on Marni's jump the topic clue. Myself, I really enjoy T-2 on my vacation trips. Hopefully it does get refurbed to fix the recurring problems and update the attraction. Yes, I'd like to see a new pre show also since I'm kind of bored with the present one.

It is in need of a decent refresh, when I was there in Sept it was def showing its age be interesting to see if and what they do to it.

Rumors have been going around from @Marni1971 and some other folks, suggesting that T2 has been approved for a refurbishment that will consist of a new pre-show, tech upgrades and other changes. No details have been given. Lets discuss this here..

If we are getting a new pre-show..could it also entail a brand new main film? Not sure why or how they'd want to change the preshow, but it would make sense to bring back Arnold and have him be apart of a new story in the Terminator franchise, considering if universal is still having Terminator to be for that venue.

From what I heard the changes will be upgrading to 4k digital projectors from the current film ones. Updating the Cyberdyne Systems portion of the preshow film. Upgrading the extensive sound and lighting system and refurbishing the Animatronics and Effects. The show, for the most part, will remain the same.

I think they should also drop the "2" from the name of the attraction, wouldn't it be better if they came up with a new name that had Terminator without the 2?

A completely new and upgraded crystal clear T2 preshow video debuted tonight. New script and new video. Full video will be up later!

Interesting that they are tying in Genisys after its poor domestic performance... Then again, it did decent overseas.

This makes more sense considering how much has been on the chopping block lately. I'll definitely take the upgrades.

It makes sense, even with poor domestic performance, that they would want to keep the attraction SEEM up to date by fairly cheaply changing out the pre-show to mention Genisys while at the same time not really changing the main show at all (aside from projector upgrades).

It makes sense, even with poor domestic performance, that they would want to keep the attraction SEEM up to date by fairly cheaply changing out the pre-show to mention Genisys while at the same time not really changing the main show at all (aside from projector upgrades).

From what people like @Marni1971 have said- This is only the beginning.