T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Has anyone else had problems with the 3D being out of phase on this ride? The images kept drifting in and out of 3D for me, but my wife didn't notice anything.

I've never had a problem with any other 3D projection system before or after, so I don't think it's my vision.

I was on this about 2 weeks ago and noticed the same thing...the main screen was a bit out of "phase" like you said.

I think its because of the old polarized 3-D system (especially synching up 6 projectors). I am assuming they use circular polarization but white-on-black is notorious for cross talk in those systems

Reactions: JoeCamel
If they are serious of keeping this for a while longer they really need to switch it over to the 3D systems all the other rides use. The ghosting really kills what is an otherwise great show.

I think its because of the old polarized 3-D system (especially synching up 6 projectors). I am assuming they use circular polarization but white-on-black is notorious for cross talk in those systems
Well, it's also film based right? Our eyes have adjusted to different 3-D nowadays

The old 3-D used linear which had a lot of cross talk Almost all of the 3D at Universal has dropped polarization entirely in favor of the Dolby 3-D type system that uses modification of wavelengths.

I would think they would replace over upgrade Battle across Time given the lack of success this franchise has had lately at the box office.

It seems like the projectors having the most issues are the front ones. When I was there a week ago, the left and right ones actually looked really crisp and bright. May just be because they're only used for 1/3rd of the show, tho..

The capacity issues are not as extreme as we make it out. I'm at the park on a summer Saturday and Gringotts was only a 30 minute wait at noon. Once Fallon opens, the capacity problems go down too.

This.

When they do, closing Kidzone isn't going to be the end of the park, but think more of how Amity was when it closed. Sure, the park had problems in certain aspects but they knew about those problems and intended to get those fixed (Hence, seeing how they got Transformers and Springfield operational one year after Amity's closure).

Although, perhaps someone should make a topic on the status of Capacity of Universal Orlando Resort; as who knows, that would actually be wise for future projects that the parks.

But, this isn't the proper thread to talk about it, as this one is stated for T2 and if they intend on making upgrades to it.

Last time i was in there one of the 2 fog machines for the finale was down. Makes for a weak ending.

Only go once a year but I can't remember the last time the fog reached the back of the room. or the motorcycle worked.