Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Table Service Restaurants Inside The Parks

Other than Springfield, the quick service in the parks is crap. Excluding HP and LC. Maybe the chicken at Circus is ok

Yes, Thunder Falls is actually pretty good. We eat there often for lunch.
Yes to both. Great themes but it's been hit and miss for me. Seems like the food is prepared offsite. I may be wrong. And it's crazy you can't get a good burger anywhere.

I also think, with UNI taking over most Citywalk operations, get people out there to eat and shop. Takes pressure off the rides and they still make bank.

I agree wholeheartedly with this. Each park could use a new Table Service restaurant stat. Not only that, but we need some serious menu changes around the park. Some of the offerings at the counter service locations haven't changed EVER. Not sure what the culinary team even does sometimes.

Agree, some of the generic quick service definitely needs changes. Things such as Circus McGurkus and Comic Strip Cafe. And one thing I forgot to mention regarding the buffet at Cafe 4. The food and experience does look great but the space is not meant to be a buffet. It’s awkward with the queues and quick service ordering stations in there. It’d be great if they either renovated the place so it could be a better fit for a buffet that can run all day long. Or, they could always just put a new buffet experience somewhere else. Each of the rats parks has at least 1 buffet in them. :)

Agree, some of the generic quick service definitely needs changes. Things such as Circus McGurkus and Comic Strip Cafe. And one thing I forgot to mention regarding the buffet at Cafe 4. The food and experience does look great but the space is not meant to be a buffet. It’s awkward with the queues and quick service ordering stations in there. It’d be great if they either renovated the place so it could be a better fit for a buffet that can run all day long. Or, they could always just put a new buffet experience somewhere else. Each of the rats parks has at least 1 buffet in them. :)

Yeah, no way the charge for that should be $50 based on the fact that it's in a counter service alone. Not even Disney charges that for some of their dining with the Fab Five at decent restaurants.

The problem with table service in a theme park is two fold. One, most of the time people are just day guests and only want something fast and they are generally in the mood for theme park/carnival food. And two, because they are hot, sweaty theme park guests, it is less than conducive for any kind of fine dining atmosphere.

We were just discussing the other day how even in one of Disney's top tier restaurants (California Grill), even though they have a suggested dress code and it's outside of a park people still show up in sweaty, gross clothes from the park. On top of that the food is pearls before swine for so many of these people. I was reading the other day where people were complaining about the lack of chicken strips and pizza there...

Now I love sit down dining in the parks, but it's one of those things where I will plan a visit around eating in one of them. I've been to many of the Disney restaurants, to Mythos, Confisco, and Finnegan's at Universal, and to Sharks at SeaWorld and Serengeti Overlook at Busch Gardens. I love them all, but I just know that we'll often be seated alongside the "great unwashed" who's bratty kids are loud and annoying.

The problem with table service in a theme park is two fold. One, most of the time people are just day guests and only want something fast and they are generally in the mood for theme park/carnival food. And two, because they are hot, sweaty theme park guests, it is less than conducive for any kind of fine dining atmosphere.

We were just discussing the other day how even in one of Disney's top tier restaurants (California Grill), even though they have a suggested dress code and it's outside of a park people still show up in sweaty, gross clothes from the park. On top of that the food is pearls before swine for so many of these people. I was reading the other day where people were complaining about the lack of chicken strips and pizza there...

Now I love sit down dining in the parks, but it's one of those things where I will plan a visit around eating in one of them. I've been to many of the Disney restaurants, to Mythos, Confisco, and Finnegan's at Universal, and to Sharks at SeaWorld and Serengeti Overlook at Busch Gardens. I love them all, but I just know that we'll often be seated alongside the "great unwashed" who's bratty kids are loud and annoying.
Yes, I believe in the case of Mythos, they had to dumb down some of the loftier items on the menu since so many people were demanding hamburgers, chicken strips & fries since that's all their kids will eat. ...In fact, I recall a number of posters even on this site, in the past, complaining that there weren't enough theme park type items on Mythos menu to satisfy their kid's tastes.

Yes, I believe in the case of Mythos, they had to dumb down some of the loftier items on the menu since so many people were demanding hamburgers, chicken strips & fries since that's all their kids will eat. ...In fact, I recall a number of posters even on this site, in the past, complaining that there weren't enough theme park type items on Mythos menu to satisfy their kid's tastes.
Believably sad, but true I'm sure. But given your demographics post maybe chicken strips will fade away:eat:

Last edited:

Have you been to WDW? Sit down meals do not need to be fine dining by any stretch. Not even close in some cases.

Too far in between good bars if that happens to Confisco. :lol:
I feel like nobody knows Confisco’s is there, though.

Last edited:

There are Signature Restaurants at 3 of the 4 WDW parks and I'm pretty sure none of them have a dress code. I don't even think that's relevant in a theme park setting, but a restaurant at a nearby resort is a different story.

There's fantastic restaurants at Universal's on-site hotels too. But I think the point is wanting to have more varied options inside the park.

I feel like nobody knows Confisco’s is there, though.
I went there once and wasn't impressed. Haven't been back. Been a long time so might have to give it another try. Wish they would open upstairs to dining or at least visiting for the view

My last couple of visits to Finnegan's were a disappointment so I haven't been back there either.

We've made a habit of going to CityWalk for lunch and dinner

The in park food is meant to be quick and easy..Standard fare

I often hear Universal getting shafted for having bad food, when in reality they have made great steps to up their dining game

Restaurants like Comic Strip and Circus need to exist...I learned this with my little cousins when we took them to the parks..They are excited, energized, and don't want to sit down for an hour for food...

Plus, I'm a sucker for the pizza in Cafe 4 for some reason, it's not that bad