Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo

Aug 15, 2014
--Classified--
A new thread dedicated to the Lowry Park Zoo in Tampa, Florida.
They've just announced a new water flume ride, which begs the question: How will this effect Busch Gardens Tampa Bay in the long run? Will the zoo add more rides in the future?

A new thread dedicated to the Lowry Park Zoo in Tampa, Florida.
They've just announced a new water flume ride, which begs the question: How will this effect Busch Gardens Tampa Bay in the long run? Will the zoo add more rides in the future?
We'll see when they add a coaster I guess

The log flume I don't believe operated at all this year. It was closed when I went for the first time in March and I believe they were already dismantling it by the time I went back in July. I read several comments on their Facebook page about it not being open for some time before that.

The coaster there (Tasmania Terror) came from Wild Adventures in 2008. It's a Wisdom Rides Dragon Wagon with Single Spiral. It's awfully rough for a kiddie coaster. It was killing my back. I only rode it for the credit in July. It was a slow day at the park (mostly school camp groups) and the children on the ride wanted to keep going around...and around. After the 3rd time I had to get off. The kids that stayed on went around a few more times. Just bumpity, bump, bump, bump...lol

The log flume was little more than a standard chute-the-shoots ride (log leaves station, goes up lift, goes down drop, returns to station). I wouldn't imagine this new ride will break much more ground, so Busch shouldn't have anything to worry about.