Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Temporary Attraction Closures at UOR

Good to know. I guess I'm still sensitive to the "we're going to turn off the water tunnel to save a few bucks" mode of thinking.

Either way, though, the attraction just did not make much sense to run until distancing can lax, as you said.
yes....and due to distancing it consistently had one of the longest daily wait times......quite opposite of normal times

“To try and reduce the risk for guest complaints of long waits, with the exception of Hagrid, many wait times have been under posted recently. The actual waits being higher is largely due to unexpected backups in some places, like the HRRR lockers, the Minions Preshow(s) and general load procedures on F&F (only running the front bus). In fact, F&F has almost always been running (Reduced cap) full buses.”
-A friend at UOR

“To try and reduce the risk for guest complaints of long waits, with the exception of Hagrid, many wait times have been under posted recently. The actual waits being higher is largely due to unexpected backups in some places, like the HRRR lockers, the Minions Preshow(s) and general load procedures on F&F (only running the front bus). In fact, F&F has almost always been running (Reduced cap) full buses.”
-A friend at UOR
Yes F&F seems to only need one bus, even pre pandemic

if they’re still paying the performers you’d think they’d want to have the meet and greet in Hollywood or closer to Animal Actors. No one ever goes back towards Barney especially now that everything back there is closed.

if they’re still paying the performers you’d think they’d want to have the meet and greet in Hollywood or closer to Animal Actors. No one ever goes back towards Barney especially now that everything back there is closed.

Yes..... Heck, even when I go in May,Nov. /early Dec., during the slow/moderate crowd days, in 'normal' times, there's hardly anyone back in that section of the park.

Problem is that the Barney green room is behind the theater, and asking the performers to hoof it all the way to Hollywood in that heat and those costumes is a lot. I’m sure they would love to shift the whole thing to closer to the main thoroughfare, but there’s almost no good space to store the costumes in a closer green room.

-A friend at UOR
So to reduce complaints, they’re under posting and making people wait longer than expected? That’s ........... something.

Problem is that the Barney green room is behind the theater, and asking the performers to hoof it all the way to Hollywood in that heat and those costumes is a lot. I’m sure they would love to shift the whole thing to closer to the main thoroughfare, but there’s almost no good space to store the costumes in a closer green room.
And those Barney costumes alone take up a fairly large room. Certainly not a small space.

I don't know if this fits in here (if not please move)
But another speculation/rumor that I heared after the closing of the rides is also closing down Universal on Mondays and Tuesdays during the slow season. Can anyone confirm that speculation/rumor? I only heared it twice from different sources and it seems kind of unlikely

But another speculation/rumor that I heared after the closing of the rides is also closing down Universal on Mondays and Tuesdays during the slow season. Can anyone confirm that speculation/rumor? I only heared it twice from different sources and it seems kind of unlikely
I've heard it from a few people, fwiw :shrug:

I've heard it from a few people, fwiw :shrug:
I'm sure it has been raised as an option and investigated for how it would work. Everything is on the table right now.