Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Terminator 2:3D

Here's a construction photo of T23D that I found:

terminator_hollywood.jpg

I think I've posted these 2 construction photos before but I can't find them back in this topic:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/universalstonecutter/2448049276

https://www.flickr.com/photos/universalstonecutter/2447226617

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a fun fact. I've been informed that the T-70 robots from USH's closed Terminator show are in the backstage area of Florida's T23D. They are being used a spare parts for reparations. This means they will be slowly disassembled until not much is left of it. Too bad as they would have been nice collectables or have fit in in a museum (NBCUniversal Experience?).

It also seems that USH's robots are more green compared to USF's where they are a bit more greyish.

Question for everybody:

Does someone know how the smoke thing works at the old motorocycle photo op of T23D?

t23dsmoke.png

As you can see on this picture, there was a time that smoke could be activated. Can someone tell me how it worked? Did one have to pay for it or not? Was it a button to activate it?

When and why was this de-activated?

Saw Termintator Genisys last week at an advanced screening at Citywalk... the new movie is awesome, but also really awful! haha...

All I could think about was how much I really wanted to go do T2:3D... As for that awesome photo-op.... if only Universal could've had it set up in Citywalk this week for the new movie, even though its not their movie... but still... I miss T2:3D. I do have to wonder if the photo-op ended up in storage or if it was tossed..

ThemeparkThrills has posted something that i'm sure a lot of people will be in a way, happy about.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Yt6zbs-4_b4?feature=oembed
Its essentially an T2:3D early concept show cycle. It goes through the whole show with pictures and sketched of early concepts as well as preliminary audio instead of the finalized stuff we see at the Orlando park and of-course, once was at Hollywood.

This is a workprint which is old. In fact there are 2 workprints of this show. This being the "project 640" one and there's a `Digital Domain" workprint of the future war part act2 which has more finished effects than this one. The workprints have some deleted parts and alternate scenes compared to the final show.

I knew this was coming yet I had to keep my shut for good reasons. ;-) Terminator 2 3D has been altered in Orlando, so it fits in with modern technology and also with Terminator Genisys. I'm still finding out all the changes, but the preshow video has indeed been changed and from what I've heard (still waiting on confirmation), the posters in the queue area have been changed and Kimberley even mentions Genisys.

I personally believe this is hopefull for T23D's future in Orlando. Why update this if the future of the attracion was unsure? For me, this means the attraction will be there for a couple of years.

I said this in the UOR thread, but according to most rumors T2 will be around for at least the next 5 years, making these updates extremely necessary.

Supposedly the main show will receive "enhancements" early next year, which is also much-needed. The Florida show was in very rough shape when I saw it in September.

Word on the street has it that the new preshow wasn't exactly 100% approved, so they had to remove the first `powerpoint presentation` part and links to Genisys. No new yet of this adjusted new preshow.

i have been scouring the nether of youtube - can you guys find any videos backstage at the show? Im particularly interested in the actors, the bike, and the ride out. I have been fascinated for years. anyone w/ any vids at all that might have some behind the scenes/backstage please feel free to bombard me.. I know there is a waterworld go pro vid that an actor put up...which for T2 would be insane.

I know this is awfully late to say, but does anyone else really miss this attraction? I don't know if it's sentimentality, or the fact that T2:3D was a live show, but I can't seem to stop missing it whenever I go to USH. I think that Minion Mayhem is an okay ride, but would anyone else prefer if T2:3D was still there today? Sorry if this has already been discussed at one point or another!

^ This one's tough to answer. I do miss the show, but I also remember its horribly outdated preshow and queue. It was definitely one of the better (if not the best) 3D theater show at any theme park out there, but it didn't seem to draw in heavy numbers towards the end of its life.