Terror Tram: The Exterminatorz (HHN 2023) | Inside Universal Forums

Terror Tram: The Exterminatorz (HHN 2023)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Terror Tram…The Exterminatorz puts guests on the world-famous Universal backlot and in the middle of an insect uprising led by the devious Larry Larva whose goal is to exterminate humans from the Earth. Horror fans will also walk along the Jupiter’s Claim set from Nope where they will encounter The Tethered from Us in an epic crossover from two of director Jordan Peele’s blockbusters.

Even though I pretty much already knew this was coming, that announcement video made me even more hyped! I hope this ends up totally unhinged; embraces the absurdity

Terror Tram…The Exterminatorz puts guests on the world-famous Universal backlot and in the middle of an insect uprising led by the devious Larry Larva whose goal is to exterminate humans from the Earth. Horror fans will also walk along the Jupiter’s Claim set from Nope where they will encounter The Tethered from Us in an epic crossover from two of director Jordan Peele’s blockbusters.
Huh, so looks like US & NOPE might be a staple for Terror Tram till they get rid of it. Thought they would at least change it up a bit.

Huh, so looks like US & NOPE might be a staple for Terror Tram till they get rid of it. Thought they would at least change it up a bit.
I mean from what people here were saying last year, it was the best part of the Tram....so time to Milk that until it's not

It also might be to keep Nope/Us as IP's that they hope to grow and be able to sell more merch for

Weird thing I noticed, but I think it's interesting how this seems more bug-centric than the zone, which honestly seemed like it had more rats than bugs. Not sure whether to chalk it up to people just being more scared of bugs, or if Bugs: Eaten Alive being a success in orlando is more of a factor since this is definitely wielding a lot of that same camp it had.
Would bet on either that, or losing Boneyard FX in that time and they just didn't want to remake all those rat face molds in favor of using Immortal Masks instead lol.

Weird thing I noticed, but I think it's interesting how this seems more bug-centric than the zone, which honestly seemed like it had more rats than bugs. Not sure whether to chalk it up to people just being more scared of bugs, or if Bugs: Eaten Alive being a success in orlando is more of a factor since this is definitely wielding a lot of that same camp it had.
Would bet on either that, or losing Boneyard FX in that time and they just didn't want to remake all those rat face molds in favor of using Immortal Masks instead lol.

Maybe a little of A, little of B?

Announcement video was great and bodes well for the tram ride footage. I think this’ll be a fun one. Glad they’re keeping the US/Nope stuff, even if it’s incongruent with the broader theme.

Figured compiling as I can!

• When was this planned out, was it because of Bugs? (Question by me!) - "Kinda planned that out during last year’s HHN. Always liked The Exterminatorz scare zone and thought it would make a good theme for Terror Tram. Just needed to figure out the new character of Larry Larva and create a look for the rest. "
  • Is there new music coming for HHN? (This question is by @ksfhhnfan on Twitter, but this was in response in Holidayz then reshifted to here) - "New music is for Terror Tram"
  • "Is it different from the Exterminatorz scare zone from 2015?" (by @SergioTorresAr7) - "It’s pretty different but inspired by it"
  • "What can you tell us about Larry Larva?" (by @director818) - "He’s a human bot fly infested with bot flies. He owns the company and is their TV spokesperson. He invented a product called “The Sqwooge” that’s guaranteed to kill humans 100% dead or your money back."
  • A follow up Response to Director818's question - "His character personality wise is inspired by “The Question Mark Guy” who did “Free Government Money” infomercials and Dan Ackroyd’s “Bass-O-Matic” skit from early SNL."
Additionally, it seems RIP and General Admission will have a split path sequence!

Finally got around to checking out the announcement video. Honestly, it looks great. It gave me early 00s “haunted attraction” vibes and I just love that haha

Unexpected bit of lore/backstory.. This is indeed connected to 2015's zone and Larry Larva is the new leader after ousting The RatCatcher..

Coming back to this, what crazy backstory for this and I wonder why? Was The Rat Leader not making enough progress and they’ve decided they’ve had enough? I’ve noticed more bugs than just rats.

This is the type of HHN Orlando-esque viral marketing/lore/backstory/ARG fun stuff that we've been begging Murdy to do for YEARS but he'd always refuse because he said that IPs/brands/celebs were more important and they didn't need a "backstory" to explain their presence at HHN because they were strong enough to stand on their own.. now we're getting not only original content but the fun viral marketing that comes with it!! :D