Test Track 2.0 | Page 46 | Inside Universal Forums

Test Track 2.0

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Why in the world would they hold the press event for this in the evening of opening day?!? I understand Fantasyland opened this morning but you don't close a ride at 3 pm on it's opening day. Very disappointing Disney...

EDIT: Better yet they closed off all of Future World East at 3... :mad:

It's a PR event. They go to all the new offerings, wine and dine, and then the press go home on Saturday/Sunday to write things about WDW. This is normal stuff, very similar to the 100 Years of Magic.

Yeah, from a friend that's there, they're having a kickass party.

Lots of booze, food, dj's, and OneRepublic performed. I would've much rather have gone to this, than the new Fantasyland festivities.

It's a PR event. They go to all the new offerings, wine and dine, and then the press go home on Saturday/Sunday to write things about WDW. This is normal stuff, very similar to the 100 Years of Magic.

No, it's really not that standard for the industry. What is standard is to hold a media event the day before, have your press the morning of, and then maybe have something in conjuncture the night of while not closing the attraction. When Universal has a media event they hold it while the event still runs, if it's for an attractions it's before or the morning of. When Wizarding World opened you didn't hear about Forbidden Journey being shut down that afternoon for the media. This was handled poorly.

No, it's really not that standard for the industry. What is standard is to hold a media event the day before, have your press the morning of, and then maybe have something in conjuncture the night of while not closing the attraction. When Universal has a media event they hold it while the event still runs, if it's for an attractions it's before or the morning of. When Wizarding World opened you didn't hear about Forbidden Journey being shut down that afternoon for the media. This was handled poorly.

Agreed. It's ridiculous that the attraction was closed to the general public on opening day. Hold the media event event once the park is closed.

Agreed. It's ridiculous that the attraction was closed to the general public on opening day. Hold the media event event once the park is closed.

Yeah. They really messed up this one as far as courtesy to paying guests. Closing down that much of everything(half of the park's attractions and some of the major ones) for a reopening of a revamped version of one of those said attractions, not a brand new one was very overproduced.

Got to ride it twice yesterday (technically, seeing as it's past midnight now).

I came to the park hoping to see the official grand re-opening but saw the sign at the front of the park stating that Future World East was going to close at 3:00 PM. I talked to a CM near the FP kiosks, and she said the official re-opening event at 3:00 PM was for press only.

Anyway - I liked the re-imagined version! The first time I rode it was in the standby line, and I'm guessing I waited anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour. The new version is very futuristic. The second time I rode it, I got a FP. I recommend doing the standby line at least once for the full ride experience and to see the whole queue. With FP, you can't customize your vehicle as much - or you didn't even have to at all. Oh, and the new car smell was a nice touch. ;)

There's some neat stuff to do after the ride as well. But you can't put your ride photo on a PhotoPass card (at least for now).

I came to the park hoping to see the official grand re-opening but saw the sign at the front of the park stating that Future World East was going to close at 3:00 PM. I talked to a CM near the FP kiosks, and she said the official re-opening event at 3:00 PM was for press only.

That is rude. Plain and simple. There were, what appears to be, more people more excited about the opening of TT than FLE today if you judge it by the line apps. TT was at least twice as long a wait as TLM everytime I checked during the earlier hours of operation. They are losing touch at every given chance these days.

Does any know if Chevy hosted the event? They paid for everything else. If they were throwing the party, of course they'd want it private and shut down some of the part like corporate parties can do.

Does any know if Chevy hosted the event? They paid for everything else. If they were throwing the party, of course they'd want it private and shut down some of the part like corporate parties can do.

This was Disney's design and shebang. Hence the words from Meg, Mickey and the random guest of One Republic(under Disney contract)

There are many things to take into account.

Soarin' is more family friendly. People get concerned with the thrill level of Test Track(even though after riding it most realize it is not that intense)
height requirement.
Soarin's hourly capacity is much lower than Test Track's.

Yep, Height Requirements are the same, but he's right about hourly capacity.

Soarin is roughly 1250 guests per hour.
Test Track is roughly 1600 guests per hour.