Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Texas Chain Saw Massacre

This notion that Leatherface/TCM being overused is hysterical. It was used ONCE in the history of Halloween Horror Nights in Orlando. Officially, anyways.

9 years ago.

Fast forward to HHN 25. Crowds have grown beyond measure compared to 2007. I'd say about 75% of the people that come through those gates didn't experience the house in 2007. So just cause fans have experienced something almost a decade ago, means that it should be shelfed forever? Where was the complaining last year about Body Collectors coming back? Or 25 Years? It was literally a rehash of everything we've already had?

Where was the hate when Freddy vs. Jason was announced?

I know people want to see riskier and less run of the mill IPs. But properties like Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Walking Dead and Freddy vs. Jason bring the general public through the gates. It makes money. You need something that can appeal to the masses. Properties like this are what enable non-headliner properties to come to HHN. People can't seem to grasp that concept.

This type of complaining seems to have gotten out of hand now. You can't please everyone of course, but there's people who feel everything needs to be catered to them. It's getting tiresome.

Are you tired of HHN using IPs? Don't go.

Iinwj1.gif

I am a big fan of the original ideas Uni had put out. I think they're super cool. And something I continue to look forward to AND expect from the event.
But a big part of the appeal for me is getting to experience my favorite horror films. That is what Universal is all about. Last year Insidious and FvJ blew my socks off. So unnerving to actually step in to the worlds I had only seen on film up to that point.

I couldn't be happier that this is coming to HHN. I watched this movie for the first time as a kid in the middle of the day and could barely sleep that night!! Alamo draft house recently showed it at some of its theaters last year remastered and it really got me excited thinking about this potentially happening.

One thing I love about HHN is that it forces non horror fans to sit down and watch sometimes terrible but mostly great films. It's awesome to see you all discover something I've loved my entire life, wonderful feeling

One thing I love about HHN is that it forces non horror fans to sit down and watch sometimes terrible but mostly great films. It's awesome to see you all discover something I've loved my entire life, wonderful feeling
I'm not big on horror but I will occasionally watch something that I've heard about (The Exorcist, Paranormal Activity, etc.)
But the Evil Dead house lead me to watch the remake, which made me watch the original, which led me to watch Army of Darkness, and then Ash vs. Evil Dead.
Same thing with Halloween.

Nope, love HHN, but I am not watching any of the horror films. Nightmare city for me :) I just don't enjoy watching them. But I love Halloween and the props. So I love looking at the houses from that angle.

Wow. Just when I thought this was the cool forums. Different opinions definitely don't fly around here.

I don't care if Texas Chainsaw was 15-20 years ago. It's a waist of an IP. No, I don't have a problem with IPs. I understand they bring in money. Doesn't mean I have to like every property they bring to the event.

My issue with Texas Chainsaw is I haven't stepped foot in the house and I know exactly how it's going to go room for room and it bores me. No, I'm not going to abadon the event because of one lame IP. You're just going from one extreme to the other.

I'm just not exactly sure why using a property for a second time in the event's 26 year history is so offensive to your sensibilities.
Offensive to my sensibilities? :saywhat: Yeah... you definitely listened and absorbed everything I said before responding to my post. :doh:

Last edited:
This announcement got collective groans from two friends who are regular-enough HHN visitors, but not forum people whatsoever. Maybe it would've gotten a better reaction as not the first house announced?