The Acolyte (Disney+) | Inside Universal Forums

The Acolyte (Disney+)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Blue sky:

Yoda could set up the main conflict. He doesn't develop a nuanced perspective of the force till season 6 of the Clone Wars, and we've seen that both his and the Jedi Council's complacency and stringent devotion to Jedi ideology set Anakin on his own turn to the dark side. The main character could be among the first to chafe against Jedi tradition. Frustrated, they go on a journey to rediscover the lost legends and teachings of the Sith. That premise could lend itself well to an episodic structure that builds into a larger arc: the failure of the Jedi to prevent the return of the Sith, despite the Sith's total destruction centuries prior.

This has been a show i'm actually really looking forward to so I hope it's good.
I'm excited to see the High Republic on screen

I feel like the books will take off more after we see more on screen (movies, tv and games) High Republic

The Acolyte and Skeleton Crew look fantastic, but man does Acolyte feel different. Feels like a Jedi/Sith take on Andor and that excited the hell out of me.

Is Andor just code for, "will be good", now?
I think so

To be fair Rogue one is still the movie everyone points to that Disney did right and now Andor (a prequel to that) seems to be what many fans see as a more "adult" take on Star wars tone wise

I'm fascinated to see how this show unfolds, because despite being in a "new" time period for live action STAR WARS, they are kind of boxed in by the fact that the Sith cannot be involved (or if they are, the Jedi can never discover that fact), because by THE PHANTOM MENACE, the Jedi still think the Sith are extinct.

I'm fascinated to see how this show unfolds, because despite being in a "new" time period for live action STAR WARS, they are kind of boxed in by the fact that the Sith cannot be involved (or if they are, the Jedi can never discover that fact), because by THE PHANTOM MENACE, the Jedi still think the Sith are extinct.
The Show is also at the end of the era.....I'm excited to see how it turns out but....it's all interesting because why would you have the first live action show at the end of an era?

Reactions: belloq87
I definitely expect a darker tone, but like the D+ MCU shows, every time they've advertised them as darker/horror-oriented, they keep it offscreen. I hope they can push the envelope a little here but I'm not getting my hopes up.