The Bourne Stuntacular - General Discussion | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

The Bourne Stuntacular - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Friend went to Orlando 2 weeks ago. They went to UOR for 2 days each park 1 day. The 4 things they mentioned:

- Spidey
- Velocicoaster
- Hagrid’s
- Bourne.

They were very serious saying this was their favorite USF attraction. Seems to be incredibly popular as they said their shows seemed full, crowds were hyped also during the show.

Finally experience this show last week. Thought it had some cool bits, but it’s not as iconic as it’s predecessor. Might be in the minority here, but I found the screen laughably fake. I did enjoy how the physical sets moved alone with the screens though. Pretty cool effect. Don’t see myself ever watching this show again though.

Has anyone noticed all the signs in this attraction letting you know the movies are available for sale at the exit? I saw signs in the queue and in the theater. Then I went to the gift shop and couldn’t find a single Bourne movie for sale! Wtf?

Last edited:
Reactions: rageofthegods
Does the "Director" character come out before each show? Not the HHN character, but a person in a clipboard claiming to be the "director" of the piece we're about to watch?

Saw it last week for the first time.

Sets and screen integration was really well done (It was the masks on the live actors that gave the only indication that the other folks in the opening street fight scene weren't really there).

Then we got to the scene at the one character's house ("Bourne is already inside!") when things ground to a halt. There was some initial action then the actors left the stage. The front door set rolled away. Then silence.

The "director" came out and started to explain some of the tech involved in te show. That the physical set pieces are self-driving ("isn't that so cool?"). Meanwhile, some park techs came out and made a show of inspecting the motorcycle piece on stage right.

Then the "director" started ad libbing more facts about the show. More techs arrived on stage. More ad libbing. At the beginning I thought that this was all intentional, like we were supposed to see some of the "magic" that goes into making movies (like the Christopher Walken character in Disaster). Nope this was a huge delaying tactic. Eventually people started to get up and leave.

IMO this was bad show. If the tech goes wrong, they should turn off the stage lights, turn on the house lights and have folks exit. You don't leave guests on the roller coaster if there's a failure and make them watch the engineers do an inspection of the track. Keep that stuff backstage!

So were they expecting trouble with the tech and decided to do that day's sho7ws anyway but prefaced with the director character coming out at the beginning in case he was needed later to smooth over the expected delays? Or does the director character come out all the time and is never seen again when the show goes well? Not complaining about the presence of tech issues just thoroughly confused about how they handled them and what I saw.

Does the "Director" character come out before each show? Not the HHN character, but a person in a clipboard claiming to be the "director" of the piece we're about to watch?

Sets and screen integration was really well done (It was the masks on the live actors that gave the only indication that the other folks in the opening street fight scene weren't really there).

Then we got to the scene at the one character's house ("Bourne is already inside!") when things ground to a halt. There was some initial action then the actors left the stage. The front door set rolled away. Then silence.

The "director" came out and started to explain some of the tech involved in te show. That the physical set pieces are self-driving ("isn't that so cool?"). Meanwhile, some park techs came out and made a show of inspecting the motorcycle piece on stage right.

Then the "director" started ad libbing more facts about the show. More techs arrived on stage. More ad libbing. At the beginning I thought that this was all intentional, like we were supposed to see some of the "magic" that goes into making movies (like the Christopher Walken character in Disaster). Nope this was a huge delaying tactic. Eventually people started to get up and leave.

IMO this was bad show. If the tech goes wrong, they should turn off the stage lights, turn on the house lights and have folks exit. You don't leave guests on the roller coaster if there's a failure and make them watch the engineers do an inspection of the track. Keep that stuff backstage!

So were they expecting trouble with the tech and decided to do that day's sho7ws anyway but prefaced with the director character coming out at the beginning in case he was needed later to smooth over the expected delays? Or does the director character come out all the time and is never seen again when the show goes well? Not complaining about the presence of tech issues just thoroughly confused about how they handled them and what I saw.
They've always came out before the show, I thought it would stop after soft opening or maybe a month or 2 after opening but they still do it each show

Yeah, came out when I saw it a few weeks ago. I thought this was just an early thing as said above with previews. I think it might actually be the real stage manager for the show (not a character), but i'm not sure.

Most of the time the resets take less than 5 minutes when that happens. Happened to me twice and the show resumed just a few minutes later (they had to reset the moving scenery). Its just like when a ride like The Haunted Mansion breaks. They don't evacuate you immediately.

Yeah, came out when I saw it a few weeks ago. I thought this was just an early thing as said above with previews. I think it might actually be the real stage manager for the show (not a character), but i'm not sure.
[/QUOTE
Also came out on my show in Tuesday

I saw it for the first time last week and ended up seeing it three times since it was the perfect length of time to kill before stay and scream. It worked fine the first show, but the next couple of days there were issues with the RFID props moving slightly wrong or something. Each show only had one issue and the stage manager came out to tell us facts about the ride. The manager the second time was very clearly a real person with flop-sweaty delivery. The lady we had for the first problematic show was super polished, so it was a funny juxtaposition. We figured there would be an issue for one of the shows because a gazebo thing in the rooftop scene came out pre-exploded, before being hit by the rpg. I didn't mind the breaks in the show and liked that they tried to add some behind the scenes info to fill the time. I've also been mostly in my house and hard-up for entertainment for about two years, so that could have been a factor in my enjoyment as well. Probably I'd have liked the show no matter what though. I thought Bourne was a pretty lame idea at the time is was announced, but they made it work. I wish it had been Terminator related, but I think they did a great job overall.

Last edited:
I saw it for the first time last week and ended up seeing it three times since it was the perfect length of time to kill before stay and scream. It worked fine the first show, but the next couple of days there were issues with the RFID props moving slightly wrong or something. Each show only had one issue and the stage manager came out to tell us facts about the ride. The manager the second time was very clearly a real person with flop-sweaty delivery. The lady we had for the first problematic show was super polished, so it was a funny juxtaposition. We figured there would be an issue for one of the shows because a gazebo thing in the rooftop scene came out pre-exploded, before being hit by the rpg. I didn't mind the breaks in the show and liked that they tried to add some behind the scenes info to fill the time. I've also been mostly in my house and hard-up for entertainment for about two years, so that could have been a factor in my enjoyment as well. Probably I'd have liked the show no matter what though. I thought Bourne was a pretty lame idea at the time is was announced, but they made it work. I wish it had been Terminator related, but I think they did a great job overall.
A terminator show with this tech would have been :freak:

They have a few people who come out, one of which also plays the Secretary in the show

Reactions: Robert Bliss
I saw it twice. Once was perfect, but another time something went wrong and the guy came out to explain behind the scenes stuff while they reset the scene. It only lasted like 5 minutes and they were back on track. I enjoyed hearing the behind the scenes stuff and I thought it was handled really well.

I was sad to see Terminator go, but this is one rare case where I feel like what replaced it was better than what was there before (I'm still upset about Twister, Back to the Future and Earthquake leaving). I absolutely love this show and will see it on every future trip.

Caught a performance of this today.

I was extremely impressed. As a technical showcase, it's kind of dazzling at times, and while T2-3D will always be my favorite attraction in this spot, this is a very worthy heir.
This is a great review to read since I knew you were upset T2 closed which I get, so happy to hear this was worthy for you! I’m hyped to see this myself someday.

Reactions: belloq87
My main complaint about this show is just that the pre-show lacks the fun of T2's pre-show and therefore feels overly long.

Also, after seeing it three times, I find the further back seats sell the illusion much more than the front ones do.

I like so many things about this show, really, as it is just a really impressive technical feat. I want a stronger finale as T2's was so epic and emotionally impactful, but what we have is still super impressive

My main complaint about this show is just that the pre-show lacks the fun of T2's pre-show and therefore feels overly long.

Also, after seeing it three times, I find the further back seats sell the illusion much more than the front ones do.

I like so many things about this show, really, as it is just a really impressive technical feat. I want a stronger finale as T2's was so epic and emotionally impactful, but what we have is still super impressive
I agree

T2's pre-show had this 'sinister Epcot attraction' type vibe to it and a lot of personality

Bourne is a bit different in that it feels much more serious and stoic(?)...But I also can't say that those two vibes don't represent their respective films