The Conjuring: The Enfield Poltergeist (2016) | Inside Universal Forums

The Conjuring: The Enfield Poltergeist (2016)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
Production has started for the new entry to The Conjuring series; "The Conjuring: The Enfield Poltergeist". James Wan Took to Twitter to announce the project with the following:

If you don't know the Enfield Poltergeist case, I'll be posting a link of the Wikipedia page telling of the Case file.

Enfield Poltergeist - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, to all those who have seen the original film, thoughts on the film title, and the case file?

The film stars Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga reprising their respective roles from the original film and the film releases on June 10th, 2016.

The first one was such a good movie. I'm glad Vera and Patrick are back. I think they really helped make the movie as good as it was. Incredible acting and James Wan is a talented horror director. I even really liked Dead Silence.. don't know if I'm alone on that one.

The first one was such a good movie. I'm glad Vera and Patrick are back. I think they really helped make the movie as good as it was. Incredible acting and James Wan is a talented horror director. I even really liked Dead Silence.. don't know if I'm alone on that one.

You are not. :lol:

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
^^ Seconded, I enjoyed Dead Silence quite a bit. I thought it brought a lot of the old timey horror with it.

Dead Silence was just taken too seriously by most. It was meant to be their version of an 80s video nasty that you'd find on the shelf of a cheap video store. In that way, they captured the tone and look perfectly.

Thats interesting they are doing a movie.

In the UK we just had a 3 Part Drama about this called the Enfield Haunting. It was very good for a TV Drama.

Not sure how they are going to change it seeing as the kids admitted they pranked the investigators at times. Also, where do the Warrens come in, they didn't travel to the UK to investigate?