The Exorcist: Believer (HHN 32) | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

The Exorcist: Believer (HHN 32)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Is it because the drag or the sacrilege?
sounds like both
who knows if they were being loud inside or something. feels like part of the story is missing.
This is why the “no costume” rule should be enforced. This is harmless fun but it opens doors to other potential issues. Nip it in the bud from the get go and you avoid all of this.

well technically the metal detectors security and the park entrance didn't have a problem it seems.
and if "no costumes" needs to be enforced. then it has to be enforced fully without playing favorites. or without allowing annual pass holders or hotel guests to wear costumes.

I honestly don't think the "no costume" rule could ever be applied fully and fairly. every single year since 2010 I see people break it. not sure how they get in. it sounds like a mess.
really don't see how uni can fix it anymore.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
At the end of the day, Universal can technically tell anyone to leave because they don’t like their haircut.

Obviously there’s individual interpretation left to security guards since they’re usually frontline for a decision, but something tells me they let an awful lot slide and only enforce what’s written on the ticket if there’s an egregious violation or it’s intended to attract attention. Which that kinda is to me.

It’s like when (iirc) Disney ejected a man who was acting like Santa Claus. It’s one thing to look like Santa, it’s a bit different to lean into it hard to attract attention.

don’t let people wear costumes to your event. if you’re caught wearing one inside the park, you gotta change or get kicked out.

that would probably do it.

I know you mean official Halloween costumes,

which always makes me wonder on how you cut the line on costumes.
because dressing like a hippie for this year is technically a costume?
and some girls wear witch outfits, but they can claim that they are goth. ( pirate girls, nurses, witch, cowgirls) they could technically claim to be goths lol.
Chucky outfits, ( overalls and Chucky sweater) is that just clothes? Freddy Kruger sweaters,
these are just the questions that go through my mind. I just always ask myself about this.

Probably that part

yeah, I knew that part of the story was missing. I could feel it. maybe they were dancing inside.

Those guys made it very clear on their socials that they had been drinking heavily all day. I don't doubt for a minute they were being obnoxious in the house. Doing that sort of thing at the event absolutely crosses the line.

The costume rule has not been uniformly enforced in recent years, and it really needs to be. No costumes. You don't need to wear one.

Somebody got in with an entire Jeepers Creepers Creeper costume one night this year, mask & all. Which was not fun to see for so many reasons.

Some facepaint? Fun shirts? ST character clothing even? I can vibe with all those, as long as you’re clearly a guest and not trying to like, join in with a cast & pull stupid stuff. No costume masks should be an easy no-exception rule to enforce at CityWalk. You bring it? You have to either leave immediately with it or turn it in to security and pick it up somewhere at the end of your night.

I feel like there’s a difference between main-character-syndrome-ing yourself into a house/zone (the way I see a lot of smaller influencers try to do & get in trouble for) and having a fun, gracious interaction with a scareactor. Like, the most I think I ever did in this house interaction-wise was shout “I think it worked!” to the exorcist character after the chair scene happens lol. Sometimes I’d throw a “It kinda is tho…” back at Dr. Jekyll in Monsters after his “Not my fault!!” line too. Even that I think back on and I wonder if the cast member doesn’t mind that or if it throws them off.

I feel like there is a sliding scale between bounding in regular clothes as Eddie Munson, dressing in full Harley Quinn attire, and donning Religious or Political garb and making a scene. I don't think the first has any effect on anyone, the second has a larger impact but I can also see some arguments in favor of allowing them (I don't think a Scoops Ahoy outfit is too far above the Thinking Cap or Surfer Boy Pizza wearables that Universal sells in every store), but I think what these guys did probably made Universal a little antsy in the same way a Trump/Biden costume or a Pope outfit might. Harley Quinn might cause some confusion between Scareactors and Guests, but the latter could potentially cause some controversy and bad PR that reaches far beyond the HHN guest experience or whatever. Universal doesn't like framing things as "The Devil", or "Angels Vs Demons", for similar reasons. See The Darkest Deal's "Collector", and "The Fallen"s' theme pivot.

I also think it's worth noting that costumes have only really been an issue since HHN30 and COVID-19.

Unless they changed, it'd be very odd to let them get into the park before kicking them out for it. Horrible customer service if that was what played out.

Not a fan of costumes, but it is a Halloween event, and as long as they're not wearing masks or trying to impersonate a scare actor... who cares?

• Sad
Reactions: Lucky Planet
Somebody got in with an entire Jeepers Creepers Creeper costume one night this year, mask & all. Which was not fun to see for so many reasons.

but how does that even happen? how is this possible, how?
the more i analyze it the more confusing it gets, i try to think about it, ....so those "elaborate costumes" people wear cannot possibly be going by metal detectors, so if they are bypassing the metal detectors, are they coming by the hotels? unless they hide their costumes under their real clothes? change inside the park?
when someone comes in, how do they pass the gates? 2 sets of gates, metal detectors and park entrance. ?
but I think what these guys did probably made Universal a little antsy in the same way a Trump/Biden costume or a Pope outfit might. Harley Quinn might cause some confusion between Scareactors and Guests, but the latter could potentially cause some controversy and bad PR that reaches far beyond the HHN guest experience or whatever. Universal doesn't like framing things as "The Devil", or "Angels Vs Demons", for similar reasons. See The Darkest Deal's "Collector", and "The Fallen"s' theme pivot.

I also think it's worth noting that costumes have only really been an issue since HHN30 and COVID-19.
one year (last year?) a girl had a replica outfit of the suicide squad harley quinn, (which was pretty) but she was carrying a plastic baseball bat. which could be a weapon. (it looked plastic and not foam)
and this year i saw guys with prison inmate uniforms walking around. which could be controversial