Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Exorcist

To me it seems "silly" to have an exorcist themed haunted house, without any type of religious imagery. That's what an "exorcism" is.

Also, I didn't realize they couldn't use "curse" words in the houses. Aren't these supposed to be "adult" events?

To me it seems "silly" to have an exorcist themed haunted house, without any type of religious imagery. That's what an "exorcism" is.

Also, I didn't realize they couldn't use "curse" words in the houses. Aren't these supposed to be "adult" events?

Technically, PG-13.

I'm sure we'll see Father Karras and Merrin - but there really isn't much else needed in terms of religious imagery. I'd wager they may have the quote "The power of Christ compels you" until someone takes it too personally as an attack on their faith.

Technically, PG-13.

I'm sure we'll see Father Karras and Merrin - but there really isn't much else needed in terms of religious imagery. I'd wager they may have the quote "The power of Christ compels you" until someone takes it too personally as an attack on their faith.

The smell of vomit is an attack on my faith. There Aiello, enough? :lmao:

even without the religious symbolism, i doubt universal would be about to show something like that in a house

Oh I know. My comment had nothing to do with the religious symbolism comment above... I was just thinking of the more memorable scenes from the film and realized that they would be pushing the envelop way to far if they included that in the house.

That makes me upset. I'm sorry but the exorcist is almost entirely about religion and the effect it has on people. I mean when the most famous line in the film is "the power of Christ compels you", you can't not include it in the house. Not including it in the house is like making a new version of fruity pebbles without color. Censorship that misses the entire point will forever be the bane of my existence

That makes me upset. I'm sorry but the exorcist is almost entirely about religion and the effect it has on people. I mean when the most famous line in the film is "the power of Christ compels you", you can't not include it in the house. Not including it in the house is like making a new version of fruity pebbles without color. Censorship that misses the entire point will forever be the bane of my existence

Let's not jump the gun here. Nothing has been confirmed on what's included or not.

Changed the Avatar..because reasons..but first off, i'll express some thoughts.

Before i go any further in what I'm curious of; congrats to Mike on getting the IP, and a very big Congrats for John finally catching his "Moby Dick" of HHN. Its seemed like one of those IP's that has been on his bucket list for quite some time and I am more excited of his version of the IP, than ORL's.

But, what makes me curious is how they'll handle the maze, more in the transitions. As for a Soundstage house; i'll have to imagine that they will be going all out in some of the effects, especially the Spider-crawl on the stairs.

Changed the Avatar..because reasons..but first off, i'll express some thoughts.

Before i go any further in what I'm curious of; congrats to Mike on getting the IP, and a very big Congrats for John finally catching his "Moby Dick" of HHN. Its seemed like one of those IP's that has been on his bucket list for quite some time and I am more excited of his version of the IP, than ORL's.

But, what makes me curious is how they'll handle the maze, more in the transitions. As for a Soundstage house; i'll have to imagine that they will be going all out in some of the effects, especially the Spider-crawl on the stairs.
I imagine the house will be very Poe-esque.

And I don't believe see many crosses being used in the attraction.

It's such a toss up by what "offends" or doesn't at HHN. But I think it'd probably rile some Florida folks up.

Let's not jump the gun here. Nothing has been confirmed on what's included or not.
That's very true however after B&T complaints and other garbage, I seriously wouldn't put it past any idiot attending to get offended over the touchy subject of religion even if it is from the source material. A&D really tends to avoid the topic all together in case of controversy anyways like the minora in AWIL. I guess we'll see in September but I'm not expecting it