Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Exorcist

I've only seen one short video of Orlando and multiple full-lengths of Hollywood. Can anyone fill me on the extent of the differences between the two?

From what I've seen Orlando is looking quite a bit better. This maze overall is disappointing though imo, even though it's a film whose most important scenes take place in one room, there are so many other locations from the film (Iraq, the church with the desecrated Mary, etc.) that they could've used....

I also think there's too many statues. I get the head-turning Reagan and the dead priest, but there's several scenes with static mannequins that absolutely could've been actors. I also think the levitating Reagan should've been a human, unless there's some OSHA law prohibiting that.

Lastly, I'm not sure if having actors pantomime along to the film dialogue is a great idea. I get what they're going for, because the sound design and acting in The Exorcist is amazing, but it makes the scenes come off as pretty fake, especially when the Merrin actors are wearing masks....

Yeah, the set-up and safety of a live actor levitation is a huge headache... Not feasible. Orlando only has 3 Regan figures, and those are for scenes that need them.

Although seeing the shaking bed scene in Hollywood and not here is a bit of a bummer...but the Orlando house is a lot better.

I went through the house once and my group of 6 said it was one of the worst houses of the night. I felt like it was pretty bland. The doll with the spinning head looked like a prop you can buy at Sprit. I was expecting her to come down the stair case like the film and the staircase was just inside a little closet and she was static. I think I went in during a shift change, lol. Going to give it another try soon.

I went through the house once and my group of 6 said it was one of the worst houses of the night. I felt like it was pretty bland. The doll with the spinning head looked like a prop you can buy at Sprit. I was expecting her to come down the stair case like the film and the staircase was just inside a little closet and she was static. I think I went in during a shift change, lol. Going to give it another try soon.

She does move in the staircase and it does look like a closet. I'm sure a lot of people will say it was the worst house. I get it. Not scary at all, but it is a look back at a truly epic, scary as Heck movie for its time.

She does move in the staircase and it does look like a closet. I'm sure a lot of people will say it was the worst house. I get it. Not scary at all, but it is a look back at a truly epic, scary as Heck movie for its time.

Apparently she does move as @Brervixen saw it with her own eyes!

She defo does move, our tour guide demoed it on UTH tour!