Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

General rule of thumb. If someone has to ask what an IP is and is it popular, it's most likely not worthy of a Uni/Dis theme park land.
Please keep in mind that at my age, I'm a bit out of the loop when it comes to pop culture and properties that are up and coming.

By no means am I suggesting this would take over a section of LC. It could be simply IP representation within the island. A meet & greet, perhaps? I was just looking for feedback to help me put some puzzle pieces together.

Personally, Id love for that arena show of How To Train Your Dragon to make it there. Could theme the area around it to fit HTTYD franchise (forgot the location name in the films). I think it'd be smart of Universal to introduce at least 1 thing Dreamworks and 1 thing Nintendo prior to opening their new park, so they can build hype with what they are willing to do with these IPs. It'd fit well too in my opinion. IOA could use another strong show too.

Personally, Id love for that arena show of How To Train Your Dragon to make it there. Could theme the area around it to fit HTTYD franchise (forgot the location name in the films). I think it'd be smart of Universal to introduce at least 1 thing Dreamworks and 1 thing Nintendo prior to opening their new park, so they can build hype with what they are willing to do with these IPs. It'd fit well too in my opinion. IOA could use another strong show too.

HTTYD is already pretty much guaranteed for Park 3

Please keep in mind that at my age, I'm a bit out of the loop when it comes to pop culture and properties that are up and coming.

By no means am I suggesting this would take over a section of LC. It could be simply IP representation within the island. A meet & greet, perhaps? I was just looking for feedback to help me put some puzzle pieces together.

My post, while a part of your line of questioning, wasn't specifically answering you. It was more of a blanket statement for any time anyone says their pet IP would make a great theme park land. I figured you were just trying to get info. I'd say a She-Ra Meet and Greet would be about the max for that IP.

HTTYD is already pretty much guaranteed for Park 3

Right, but what Im saying is provide the show in IOA. Show people what can be done with the Dreamworks property, and get that on their radar. Im sure more families would be impressed to hear more Dreamworks attractions are coming. Then, in park 3 add a ride based around it. Introducing people to the IPs before the new park may help for an increased opening. Just a thought.

If it is She-ra, I’m guessing it’s because it’s one of the female based action IPs Universal currently has in its arsenal and the fact it’s been around since the 80s.

But I think Universal May have bigger plans for Zelda and that tiny plot won’t do anymore

If it is She-ra, I’m guessing it’s because it’s one of the female based action IPs Universal currently has in its arsenal and the fact it’s been around since the 80s.

But I think Universal May have bigger plans for Zelda and that tiny plot won’t do anymore
Well, it's rumored that they are working expansion pads into FW so maybe there

tbh, I think they may wait until something is rolled out from Illumination

Or perhaps, just leave it alone