The Future of The Simpsons Ride/Springfield (Orlando) | Page 36 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of The Simpsons Ride/Springfield (Orlando)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I remember reading something shortly before MK debuted in Japan there was an interview where they mentioned the ride was built on and powered by a video game engine. The idea is that they can updated the AR visors with elements from future MK releases. They even mentioned holiday overlays.

I bring this point up as considering how massive the Pokemon franchise is, they should at the very least design the ride where the media can be constantly refreshed to incorporate elements from the most recent releases in the franchise like the Netflix shows for example.

I remember reading something shortly before MK debuted in Japan there was an interview where they mentioned the ride was built on and powered by a video game engine. The idea is that they can updated the AR visors with elements from future MK releases. They even mentioned holiday overlays.

I bring this point up as considering how massive the Pokemon franchise is, they should at the very least design the ride where the media can be constantly refreshed to incorporate elements from the most recent releases in the franchise like the Netflix shows for example.
With how consistent and ever-growing the lineup of Pokemon is, it would probably be in both companies best interest to future proof the theme park and allow for some changes/additions to be made as future Pokemon generations are released.

I would hope that that future-proofing would not take away from the possibility of more practical sets and animatronic figures, in lieu of more easily swappable AR Figures or digital screens. I also hope that if they do go down the path of future-proofing the attractions in that way, that they actually use that capability at any point in the future. The idea is worrying in the same way any "Black Box" / Swappable theme attraction worries me, because swapping themes is a lot of effort and usually doesn't ever actually happen. It's like, pretty much just Star Tours and the VR Void attractions when those existed.

Reactions: belloq87
With how consistent and ever-growing the lineup of Pokemon is, it would probably be in both companies best interest to future proof the theme park and allow for some changes/additions to be made as future Pokemon generations are released.

I would hope that that future-proofing would not take away from the possibility of more practical sets and animatronic figures, in lieu of more easily swappable AR Figures or digital screens. I also hope that if they do go down the path of future-proofing the attractions in that way, that they actually use that capability at any point in the future. The idea is worrying in the same way any "Black Box" / Swappable theme attraction worries me, because swapping themes is a lot of effort and usually doesn't ever actually happen. It's like, pretty much just Star Tours and the VR Void attractions when those existed.
To me the idea of a black box type attraction Pokemon should be would involve practical set pieces and animatronics mixed with large curved canvases to projection map the media onto. Those canvases are what would be updated with new elements from the Pokemon franchise. Considering how big the Pokemon company is, they would be more than willing to fund updates for the attraction.

Considering how big the Pokemon company is, they would be more than willing to fund updates for the attraction.
two things:

1. that doesn’t sound like most big companies I’m familiar with

2. the pokemon company is, if nothing else, extremely unpredictable. i have no confidence in predicting what they’re going to do next week, let alone a decade down the line.

Just make Pokémon Snap into an actual ride and remove the camera. Have the most famous current Pokémon as actual animatronic figures and use background screens to showcase others. Heck, randomize the screen Pokémon to the point where technically every Pokémon is in the ride but you won’t see every Pokémon on every ride. Extreme repeatability baby lol

Basically imagine Na’vi River Journey exactly how it is now, but add in some actual creature AAs in the foreground.