The Future of Wet 'n Wild | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Wet 'n Wild

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Downturn in the Brazilian economy will be offset by people wanting to leave to avoid the Olympics and baby boomers retiring to and spending money on their grandkids at WDW.

You guys think they'll attempt to sell off all the slides when it closes? Some of them are rather new, so I don't see why another water park wouldn't want them. Legoland could use a family raft ride.

Most of it is pretty standard parts as well so I think some other water parks could pick up a good bargain.

Perhaps the ride is no longer open, it is no longer on the map either.

I saw that today on the map. I would venture to say that you are correct, and that it is SBNO.

You guys think they'll attempt to sell off all the slides when it closes? Some of them are rather new, so I don't see why another water park wouldn't want them. Legoland could use a family raft ride.

I think they will.

Can't wait for SeaWorld to announce a big expansion to Aquatica that just happens to be after WnW closes. Lol

I figure Aquatica has to do something to stave off whatever impact Volcano Bay has on them. I hope they do something big.

So is the common speculation still that the WnW land will be used for a deluxe resort of some kind? I personally think that would be out of place give the not so visually pleasing surroundings of that area of I-Drive and the disconnect from the rest of the resort (for now). After the massive success of Cabanna Bay, I think another family and budget friendly resort hotel on that land would do more in terms of helping to boost guest attendance.

So is the common speculation still that the WnW land will be used for a deluxe resort of some kind? I personally think that would be out of place give the not so visually pleasing surroundings of that area of I-Drive and the disconnect from the rest of the resort (for now). After the massive success of Cabanna Bay, I think another family and budget friendly resort hotel on that land would do more in terms of helping to boost guest attendance.

Resort, yes. I've never heard anything remotely close to it being deluxe, though

Reactions: Stitch_101
Resort, yes. I've never heard anything remotely close to it being deluxe, though
I don't see it being a deluxe resort but more towards a Disney moderate. I believe Universal is thinking long-term with these plans and that area of I-Drive is not going to look the same in ten to twenty years. I have doubts that I-Square Mall and Hotel will happen, but if it does it could spell a new direction for the North I-Drive area.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
I don't see it being a deluxe resort but more towards a Disney moderate. I believe Universal is thinking long-term with these plans and that area of I-Drive is not going to look the same in ten to twenty years. I have doubts that I-Square Mall and Hotel will happen, but if it does it could spell a new direction for the North I-Drive area.

Well, to be fair, Universal's "Value" resort is basically a Disney moderate as-is

Well, to be fair, Universal's "Value" resort is basically a Disney moderate as-is

The interesting thing about a hotel getting build at the WnW property is that it's probably going to be similar in experience to Cabana Bay but will be cheaper because you'll have to take a 5min bus to the parks.

Status
Not open for further replies.