The Greatest Showman | Inside Universal Forums

The Greatest Showman

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Pasek and Paul just needed another project on their incredibly empty plate, I guess :lol: They've been having a banner year and I expect they'll get recognition for this, as well. I've been fans of theirs since their off-broadway show Dogfight fell into my radar. I'm glad to see their careers soaring

Reactions: Disneyhead
Saw the trailer before DM3. It looked good. It's going to get buried in the SW8 hype, but still could rebound and do good Oscar boost business.

I find it great we're getting ORIGINAL musical films (Like "La La Land"). Nowdays everything is either from a play, or a jukebox musical.

Having grown up surrounded by showmen... I find this unappealing in a weird way. It's too saccharine and portrays real people - who I don't think are quite long dead enough to be historically removed - as cartoons.

Interestingly this is the 2nd musical about Barnum. "Barnum" (of course) was a big Broadway hit.