Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The House with a Clock in Its Wall

DISCLAIMER! I don’t know how to write a movie review, so just bear with me.

House with a clock in it’s walls is surprisingly DARK? It actually had a GOOD TWIST?!?? The movie had HUMOR I laughed at?
All i can say is DONT LISTEN TO THE BAD REVIEWS!!!
EDIT- Only compliant THE CHILD CAN NOT FAKE CRY!! I COULD DO BETTER!!!

Alright, the caps are excessive.

In responding to regards of the bad reviews..it's actually not as bad as it was initially thought to be.

So-far, RT has it at 67% on a critical level; while audiences are split 50/50.

And Meta-Critic has it so-far at 57, but that's also due to that it's a bit..shall we say, going at the subject of the witchcraft in the film for a few people.

So-far, for RT; it's the most positive a film that Eli Roth has had on a critical level. And for Box Office (not counting inflation); its the highest grossing film that he has ever had on a domestic (will top Hostel on International by next week).

And considering the film still has releases in Mexico, Japan, and Singapore later this month; this film is far from done on reeling in money.

Last edited:
So, over a month and a half later..

as of now, not counting the inflated domestic, lies at a large amount of 116 million dollars.

Counting domestic inflation, it's at 119 million.

I will just point this out as a fun fact, House with a clock in its walls officially opened in Korea on Halloween and currently has more showings in theaters as well as a higher percentage of showings that are sold out/almost sold out than Halloweenn(the film). Take that as you will

I will just point this out as a fun fact, House with a clock in its walls officially opened in Korea on Halloween and currently has more showings in theaters as well as a higher percentage of showings that are sold out/almost sold out than Halloweenn(the film). Take that as you will
Well you said it just opened so having more theaters is no surprise.

Unknown.0.jpeg

As stated most of the effects in this film were practical than CGI, and it appears on home video there has been a light second wind which may lead to a sequel