The Icons and Lore Thread | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

The Icons and Lore Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Also headcanon, this entire year takes place before 2007. No zone or house attached to Oddfellow takes place after 1969. Jack dies in the 30s.
I would say that’s probably correct.

Except that the podcast “Oddfellows Collection of Horror” confirms that possibly Dark Zodiac scarezone and the opening scarezone take place after 07 as the Vampire says that she encounters Oddfellow at his little prep rally after she meet Jack in 07. That must have been in present day.
Also, that the ownership of the cane of souls is back in Oddfellows grasp as they quote it when they are sharing the Oddfellow crowd memory which must take place after 07.

It’s all kinda confusing and I think the zones will reveal much more.

I would say that’s probably correct.

Except that the podcast “Oddfellows Collection of Horror” confirms that possibly Dark Zodiac scarezone and the opening scarezone take place after 07 as the Vampire says that she encounters Oddfellow at his little prep rally after she meet Jack in 07. That must have been in present day.
Also, that the ownership of the cane of souls is back in Oddfellows grasp as they quote it when they are sharing the Oddfellow crowd memory which must take place after 07.

It’s all kinda confusing and I think the zones will reveal much more.
Was Dark Zodiac mentioned in the podcast? I don’t remember hearing about that one or Shipyard, but I was doing some work while listening so I might have just missed it.

Was Dark Zodiac mentioned in the podcast? I don’t remember hearing about that one or Shipyard, but I was doing some work while listening so I might have just missed it.
They were briefly. They talked about Dark Zodiac when they mentioned
his scar
And they mentioned Shipyard when they talked about
him taking other forms and “pulling the strings”
I do hope they have separate episodes on them, like they did with Vamp ‘69 today.

Reactions: DodgsonHere
They were briefly. They talked about Dark Zodiac when they mentioned
his scar
And they mentioned Shipyard when they talked about
him taking other forms and “pulling the strings”
I do hope they have separate episodes on them, like they did with Vamp ‘69 today.
The other podcast stories are based off of the Originals.
This is probably the most we’ll hear about Oddfellow in the podcast.

The other podcast stories are based off of the Originals.
This is probably the most we’ll hear about Oddfellow in the podcast.
I mean Vamp ‘69 was released today and has him in the end. So I hope for the same with the others SZs.

Last edited:
Surprised I haven't seen anyone talking about Oddfellow seemingly serving Fear in some way. From the beginning of his speech at the end of the podcast:

"I want you to feel fear, not because you need fear me. You want to be like me, but it is Fear that brought me here. Why was I obsessed with discovering the power I now possess? Because of Fear."

Reactions: Clive
Surprised I haven't seen anyone talking about Oddfellow seemingly serving Fear in some way. From the beginning of his speech at the end of the podcast:

"I want you to feel fear, not because you need fear me. You want to be like me, but it is Fear that brought me here. Why was I obsessed with discovering the power I now possess? Because of Fear."
I fell like he mean the emotion fear rather than “Fear”. I could be wrong but that’s how I took it.

Reactions: HHN Maddux
I fell like he mean the emotion fear rather than “Fear”. I could be wrong but that’s how I took it.
Entirely fair. Honestly I'm also pretty sure he is probably referring to the emotion itself, but it is still interesting to think about him possibly following Fear himself.

Just a hypothetical: All of the past Icons are currently trapped in the Lantern, but Fear needs power/energy. He begins taking particular interest in Oddfellow, and leads him down this path of immortality. And maybe, in a future year (like say, an Icons vs Icons anniversary year), Jack and Oddfellow fighting is not only a personal battle of revenge, but also a show of strength for Fear's preference.

Same difference. Adaru is the embodiment of the emotion.
Ah, okay. I didn’t go his year so don’t know lots about him lol. I took the speech Oddfellow gave as
“I want you to feel fear, not bc u need fear me.”
I want u to feel fear in dying so you follow me in becoming immortal.
“You want to be like me, but it is fear that brought me here.”
You want to live forever(be immortal) so ur fear made u follow me in becoming immortal.
“Why was I obsessed with discovering the power I now possess? Bc of fear”
I also felt fear In dying so it lead me to looking for this.

Technically literally every being in horror nights canon is a servant to Adaru, the Sumerian God of Fear according to the lore.

Technically literally every being in horror nights canon is a servant to Adaru, the Sumerian God of Fear according to the lore.
Why do you have to remind me.

Oddfellow is so good on his own without having to be another one of Fear’s wingmen. I hope they imply a retcon of some sort that it’s not the case this time around.

Reactions: pumpkinbot343
Why do you have to remind me.

Oddfellow is so good on his own without having to be another one of Fear’s wingmen. I hope they imply a retcon of some sort that it’s not the case this time around.
Eh I’m okay with the retcon as the Icons and other characters are still mostly standalone on their own (see Jack in 25 and Oddfellow here for that matter); helps that Fear never really showed up in person aside from XX and 31. I mean every character’s job is spreading terror anyway and when you introduce a (attempt at a) super-icon that towers over all of HHN; this was of course a natural conclusion.

Though I did hear this interesting theory online about one of the Icons not being his wingman…

Eh I’m okay with the retcon as the Icons and other characters are still mostly standalone on their own (see Jack in 25 and Oddfellow here for that matter); helps that Fear never really showed up in person aside from XX and 31. I mean every character’s job is spreading terror anyway and when you introduce a (attempt at a) super-icon that towers over all of HHN; this was of course a natural conclusion.

Though I did hear this interesting theory online about one of the Icons not being his wingman…
I think the theory you are talking about is that Pumpkin Lord (semi icon ig) is not connected to Fear. Since his job is spreading Halloween, not fear.

Let’s welcome the newest icon in years, Dr. Oddfellow!

Absolutely not. FEAR was the icon of 2010. Chance was the icon in 2016. Pumpkin Lord had his turn last year, Oddfellow gets his swing this year. The criteria of what constitutes an icon has always been fluid, but it's clear enough at this point that these characters are meant to be the faces of their respective years.

Editing to add that Lady Luck was the icon in 2011. There have been plenty of icons since 2009.
I'm just saying this doesn't make any sense, even based on the strange purity test you seem to be applying to certain icons. oddfellow is no more an icon based on event pervasiveness or media usage, as far as we know, than Lady Luck or Chance or Fear. if you're excited about Oddfellow, that's awesome, but let's pull the plug on this icon in name only stuff.
Sorry to bring this up again, but I’m just gonna leave this here.

2A90D669-8E36-4126-800E-589A8C75B51E.jpeg

Haven’t even seen this dude yet with my own two eyes, and he’s my favorite icon.

Everything to his va performance to his grand tie to years of HHN history just makes this so great. I can’t wait to see him very soon.

I hope his Merch is good XD

I think the theory you are talking about is that Pumpkin Lord (semi icon ig) is not connected to Fear. Since his job is spreading Halloween, not fear.
That’s an interesting theory, but no I was talking about something way back in 2010. Basically it was about one of the older (and one-shot) icons; Bloody Mary; something about her trying to eliminate the emotion of Fear in her human life and how that would make her an enemy of the god Fear, and that the theory was that her specific year (2008) was not intended by Fear, something like that.

Though the whole theory falls apart when you remember she’s basically spreading fear like everyone else associated with Fear…

That’s an interesting theory, but no I was talking about something way back in 2010. Basically it was about one of the older (and one-shot) icons; Bloody Mary; something about her trying to eliminate the emotion of Fear in her human life and how that would make her an enemy of the god Fear, and that the theory was that her specific year (2008) was not intended by Fear, something like that.

Though the whole theory falls apart when you remember she’s basically spreading fear like everyone else associated with Fear…
Well, in 2015 the LT game heavily implied that she's the one who broke open the Lantern and unleashed the Icons again, which would put her above Adaru in terms of power. Then the secret house from the game was supposedly about working with LT to trap her in the Lantern (which is why she was in Captured, despite her not being a Herald).

Well, in 2015 the LT game heavily implied that she's the one who broke open the Lantern and unleashed the Icons again, which would put her above Adaru in terms of power. Then the secret house from the game was supposedly about working with LT to trap her in the Lantern (which is why she was in Captured, despite her not being a Herald).
Wait really? Hmm, I couldn’t find a comprehensive report of the 2015 Legendary Truth experience aside from maybe this one (posting quote below for anyone interested in the Fear lore), all I figured was that a lot of artifacts from the evidence room were from 2008, which to me didn’t really confirm that she was the one who freed everybody. But I guess she did.

In fairness Bloody Mary herself wasn’t actually “seen” in Icons Captured, only a couple of mirrors were.

Actually wait did the lore for 2010 specify if it was only the Icons who were trapped in the lantern or that the Lantern itself contained literally every single being and place of Halloween Horror Nights canon? Then again maybe this would shed some light:
With the last part of the hunt, operatives were "transported" to the Legendary Truth mansion, where some kind of event took place. Operatives, investigated what happened in the mansion. The investigation, and the scavenger hunt, revealed quite a few things.

On the scavenger hunt, operatives came across Fear's totems, which someone had bagged, and dumped in Sting Alley. In the mansion, someone (or perhaps something) had ransacked a room, where the totems were being stored. Also in the mansion, operatives came across Fear's lantern, which was in fact lit. Based on Fear's back story, that's not possible unless someone lit the lantern on purpose.

However, the experience also hinted at the possibility of MULTIPLE lanterns, or portals. These portals would allow not only Fear, but other entities to cross over into our dimension. This would include the Icons.

Wait really? Hmm, I couldn’t find a comprehensive report of the 2015 Legendary Truth experience aside from maybe this one (posting quote below for anyone interested in the Fear lore), all I figured was that a lot of artifacts from the evidence room were from 2008, which to me didn’t really confirm that she was the one who freed everybody. But I guess she did.

In fairness Bloody Mary herself wasn’t actually “seen” in Icons Captured, only a couple of mirrors were.

Actually wait did the lore for 2010 specify if it was only the Icons who were trapped in the lantern or that the Lantern itself contained literally every single being and place of Halloween Horror Nights canon? Then again maybe this would shed some light:
It did not, as Fear and the Lantern were a bit of a rushed idea, as Cindy was originally meant to be the Icon for 20.