The Icons and Lore Thread | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

The Icons and Lore Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think Sinist3r and Surr3al being generally more energetic and playful is actually rather fitting, considering that in the lore, they've pretty much just been born after 33 years of being manifested.

It's like how Oddfellow was a parallel to Jack- More calm, calculating and imposing to Jack's maniacal and playful nature.

Oh, yeah, I’m not knocking their energy or attitude. It’s a good differentiator from Fear. But it does make them feel more like minions than they would otherwise. Something as simple as Fear is in a dark slumber to keep the lantern sealed, clearing the way for Sinist3r and Surr3al to be born and run amok in his absence.

Oh, yeah, I’m not knocking their energy or attitude. It’s a good differentiator from Fear. But it does make them feel more like minions than they would otherwise. Something as simple as Fear is in a dark slumber to keep the lantern sealed, clearing the way for Sinist3r and Surr3al to be born and run amok in his absence.
That's fair! I am curious to see what rules they abide by, considering that as Gods of Fear, naturally they should have have their own version of the Lantern.

Part of me wonders if this 'Realm of Horror' we enter could be it, considering we know the Lantern itself is a Realm from Captured.

From what I have heard myself, and at least from the performer's side of things, Universal has pretty much not thought through the implications of Sinister and Surreal at all within the larger lore of HHN. This is effectively a completely different thing to Fear, and any connection between the three entities we see in the future will basically be a retcon.