Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Invisible Man

Yeah. I love Leigh, but his comments that he wanted to get away from the trenchcoat look makes me a bit nervous. This looks like an entertaining/thrilling piece in its own right, but the thing that makes the Universal monsters... Universal monsters is their classic, legendary aesthetic. The characters (other than Gil) are otherwise in the public domain.

Personally I like the darker tone they're going with. These aren't superheroes, they're the Classic Monsters--the horror icons of old. So dark and gritty can work here. Probably want to separate from the DU debacle.

I'm pleased that R rated movies are making a bit of a comeback. Joker has proved that an R rated movie can still be a critical success and hugely profitable.

Wasn't interested in this at all until the trailer but now I'm definitely interested.

I'm pleased that R rated movies are making a bit of a comeback. Joker has proved that an R rated movie can still be a critical success and hugely profitable.

Wasn't interested in this at all until the trailer but now I'm definitely interested.
Deadpool proved it first.

I saw Invisible Man last night and what a ride. I was cringing half of the time from the tension they had throughout the movie. I really liked it. It also looks like it’s going to pull over $20 million this weekend so hopefully it’s a good sign it’s gonna be a fruitful new era for the monsters.

Saw this with my boyfriend last night and absolutely loved it. Everything about the story was excellent - I was on the edge of my seat the whole time, and the rest of the audience in my theater was as well, audible reactions were common. Hoping Universal can continue making more like it!

I saw Invisible Man last night and what a ride. I was cringing half of the time from the tension they had throughout the movie. I really liked it. It also looks like it’s going to pull over $20 million this weekend so hopefully it’s a good sign it’s gonna be a fruitful new era for the monsters.

I saw it too. Not what I was expecting from the trailer. Definate 90's thriller vibes and some excellent camera work to really build the tension, It wasn't perfect but Elizabeth Moss is fantastic and I totally enjoyed the ride.

Just seen the movie, much better than expected and mainly positive reviews so far I am reading. Blumhouse managed to apply the tension that was needed and some very jumpy moments. Hope plenty more like this to come from Universal/Blumhouse.

I couldn’t even imagine Jordan P’s take on Frankenstein. Also would love blumhouse to do one of the monsters as a period piece like “lighthouse.”
Matter of fact just let Eggars do phantom of the opera.

*edit*
This post makes it sound like I think Jordan did invisible man. I am just thinking about the similarities to how he and Leigh direct and how well they would compliment each other doing UCM movies.

Saw this tonight.

Terrific, suspenseful film! Leigh Whannell already had my attention after UPGRADE, but now he should be on everyone's radar. Fantastic tension throughout, and Elisabeth Moss is great (which, as a fan of MAD MEN, did not surprise me).

I don't know that I'd want to see every Universal Classic Monster get the modern day, high-tech treatment like this, but that turned out to be the exact right approach for this specific character.