Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The "IP That's Yet to Come" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 22, 2015
LA
Mods, feel free to take down this post if it's pointless or ranging in similarity to another post (I did a little background and don't think there is).

Basically this post pertains to IP's that have yet to be at HHN; whether it be remakes, sequels, or out of the box properties that have requested by fans or brought up once that Hollywood has yet to do over the years or years to come. I decided to dedicate a single thread, updating it so often with new properties OR crossing off properties that will/ have happened. I also plan to range them from likely to not so likely to unlikely depending how that changes as time passes as well. Feel free to add more, debate about the likelihood, etc.

Off the Top of my head...
LIKELY:
  • Hereditary; 2018 (A24)
  • The Haunting of Hill House; 2018 - ? (Netflix)
  • The Thing; 1982 (Universal)
  • Midsommar; 2019 (A24)
NOT SO LIKELY:
  • Halloween; 2018 (Miramax/ Blumhouse/ Universal)
  • Suspuria; 1977 (Produzioni Atlas)
  • Twin Peaks/ Fire Walk with Me; 1990-1991, 1992, 2017 (New Line Cinema/ CBS)
  • The VVitch; 2015 (A24)
  • Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors; 1987 (Warner Bros./ New Line Cinema)*
VERY UNLIKELY:
  • Child's Play (series); 1988-2017(?) (MGM/ UA)
  • Scream; 1996-2011 (Dimension)
  • Hellraiser; 1987-2018 (Dimension)
  • IT; 2018-2019 (Warner Bros./ Stephen King)
  • The Evil Dead; 1981 - 1992 (New Line)
  • Alien; 1979-2018 (20th Century Fox/ Dinsey)
  • American Horror Story: Asylum; 2019 (FX/ Disney)*
  • The Conjuring; 2013 - ? (Warner Bros.)
*included as its own since it warrants enough material to stand by itself as a house

Last edited:
I think there was one, but it sort of died out. I'll repost what I said there:

The pipe dream is Bloodborne.

Other than that, besides what people have already said,

- The Cornettos Trilogy seems like the perfect cult classic property for a maze. I know Shaun of the Dead was a SZ, but I want a maze, darnit.
- Black Christmas (OG or new remake) seems like the perfect smaller IP to look at for one of these years
- Hill House sprang up out of nowhere and became a huge sensation out of the blue, so I'm sure the HHN people are looking at that one. TBH, I'm very surprised they didn't get it for this year.
- Audition is one of those cult classics that had a huge profile at one point in time, for just how effed up it was. I'd love to see it at Horror Nights.
- Channel Zero got cancelled, but I'm always holding out hope for a revival, and that show's got characters galore and enough name recognition through the Creepypastas, I think, for a maze.
- Oh speaking of cancelled, Hannibal would also be tight. I want a maze full of Mads Mikkelsen lookalikes
- The Ring is something I'm surprised they haven't done yet. Characters present a problem, but they could take inspiration from the creepy videos itself, especially the man with a bag on his head.
- On a similar vein, The Grudge would be awesome.
- Oh, actually, Kayako v. Sadako: The Ring vs. The Grudge. Cuz why not.
- House (1977) would probably never happen, but still, it would be insaaaaaaaane.
- Outside of J-Horror, Hitchcock is something that keeps coming up and I think they oughtta do it soon, because the conversation around Hitchcock has started turning sour due to the abuse he heaped on his stars. If they don't want everyone to feel weird, they should probably get that one out of the way quickly.
- Salem's Lot is getting a big, glossy remake by James Wan and that's probably something Uni is looking at.
- Jacob's Ladder would be amazing, with tons of mirror effects and creepy masks. Pipe dream? Probably, but still, I doubt it's any less obscure than Trick R Treat or Killer Klowns.
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer I originally thought was owned by Fox, but apparently Dolly Parton has a production company called Sandollar Productions that owns the TV Rights to the movie, so they could get around things that way.
- I Know What You Did Last Summer is getting a TV series from Amazon with James Wan writing, so something to look out for.

They're sort of questionable in terms of likelihood, but They Live could be a good way to bring back 3D mazes, and was distributed by Universal, and Return of the Living Dead, which was distributed with MGM, so it could theoretically be done as HHN has had a decent history with MGM in the past. (Edit): Almost completely forgot about Cabin in the Woods, which now that its been years since its release I doubt we'll ever see it, but was still ripe with maze material from the beginning.

- Oh speaking of cancelled, Hannibal would also be tight. I want a maze full of Mads Mikkelsen lookalikes

Murdy mentioned in a Q&A a while back that he came a hair close to including in for 2017. Spoke to the producer, Mads, everything. Ultimately its cancellation lead to the worry that it would've been weird to include at the event so it was ultimately scrapped.

Murdy mentioned in a Q&A a while back that he came a hair close to including in for 2017. Spoke to the producer, Mads, everything. Ultimately its cancellation lead to the worry that it would've been weird to include at the event so it was ultimately scrapped.

Frankly, I'm a little relieved they didn't end up doing it in 2017 lmao.

Still, Everyone involved seems very keen on getting a revival up and running (I think Amazon was in talks to pick it up?) so it's something to look out for. Maybe even when we hit the five year point for cancellation (2021), they'll bring it back as a way of reviving interest.

Some IPs that are still waiting to come to HHN (Please correct if their unavailable)
- The Thing
- Black Christmas
- Jaws
- Creature Of The Black Lagoon
- The Ring
- The Grudge
- Silence Of The Lambs
- Re-animator
- Dawn Of The Dead (2004)
- Shaun Of The Dead (Maze)
- Suspiria
- Supernatural
- Resident Evil (Game)
- They Live

IPs I wish would come, but maybe not:
- Alien
- Aliens
- Predator
- Scream
- IT
- Hellraiser
- Bloodborne (game)

Coming from somebody who saw IT Chapter Two today, I am absolutely terrified for what Warner Bros. would want to do with it for next year's Horror Made Here. There are some sequences that I honestly cannot see anybody but the Uni team doing. If they can strike a deal where IT is an Orlando exclusive, I would cry tears of joy.

It probably won't ever happen at this point but I think Preacher would make for a pretty dope house.

Also Cabin in the Woods still hasn't come to Hollywood, why.

well to correlate on shaun, wasn't it featured in the sliver screams maze back in 09?

ignore this, completely forgot we were talking about hollywoods event for a sed

Coming from somebody who saw IT Chapter Two today, I am absolutely terrified for what Warner Bros. would want to do with it for next year's Horror Made Here. There are some sequences that I honestly cannot see anybody but the Uni team doing. If they can strike a deal where IT is an Orlando exclusive, I would cry tears of joy.

I really wouldn't know how to feel about It. On one hand we kinda need something epic for 30 (don't feel like starting a separate thread for Orlando sorry), on the other hand, I wouldn't want It overshadowing the original stuff. I don't have as much connection to Jack as others do--I much prefer Albert and Paulo--so I wouldn't be completely heartbroken for Jack to not be centerstage. Then again for 26 they had Chance and Twisty.

Last edited:
I really wouldn't know how to feel about It. On one hand we kinda need something epic for 30 (don't feel like starting a separate thread for Orlando sorry), on the other hand, I wouldn't want It overshadowing the original stuff. I don't have as much connection to Jack as others do--I prefer Albert and Paulo--so I wouldn't be completely heartbroken for Jack to not be centerstage. Then again for they had Chance and Twisty.
I get this. Even from a lore-standpoint, Jack would rather die (again) than have another clown steal his spotlight lmao. I feel like IT would mend in nice with an event hosted by Paolo or Julian; think of it like an event celebrating the biggest and scariest horror movies in Horror Nights history. Hell, I'd go so far as to suggest it for an event for Elsa because of how deep Chapter Two goes into the mythos of IT.

Guys I know you want it but I really wouldn't hold your breath on an A24 maze. Hereditary, VVitch, Midsommar... they just aren't likely at all.

^ I put it in the "likely" category due to the fact that they dont seem "out of reach" to get. I understand theyre not mainstream horror movies, but I don't necessarily believe A24 would be against it until its visible otherwise. I understand those properties in the foreseeable future aren't a possibility, but I meant to categorize them in terms of obtaining at any given moment.

Did my best to revise the potential list and include as much as I could that would have even a shadow of a chance to appear at the event that people haven't mentioned yet, and this was made with the Hollywood event in mind.

Maybe:
-Candyman
-Original Romero "of the Dead" series
-Zombieland

-The Fog
-Halloween III: Season of the Witch
-Sleepaway Camp
-The Howling

Probably Not Gonna Happen:
-You're Next
-Pumpkinhead
-The Descent