Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The "IP That's Yet to Come" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To talk about an new property, I do think @Chris Galindo could be onto something when it comes to The Grudge/Ju-On.

It'd be very much a cult-horror film for notoriety, but depending on things could be executed (and if they'd incorporate all of The Grudge/Ju-On films, as is seemingly the route of the Raimi produced film), it could lead to something much more in a creepy side than that of the normal jump scares.

It'd be one of the more challenging horror IP's to tackle for the sake of language barrier for some in a few ways when it comes to Ju-On (to where I could see it just orient more on the western films), but I do think it'd be definitely a wildcard pick. Especially with the added factor of Sony, I could see it go either way considering the success GB has had this year.

I wonder if the Turning would be on the cards if rumors of a Netflix falling out come to pass, or if Hill House season 2 just becomes too expensive to bear.

Thought of a few more
- Ginger Snaps
- Planet Terror
- The Fog
- Legion
- Night Of The Creeps
- Drag Me To Hell

My dude, take a Xanax. Sorry I’m not acutely aware of what was happening in Orlando in 2007, when I was a sophomore in college on the west coast and had no idea HHN even existed. Forgive me.

Really, man? You’re not the only one guilty of this.

also, no need to respond the way you did.

third, Halloween and Freddy were just used in recent years at both coasts. Specifically, Titans of Terror 2 years ago and Halloween last year.

Thought of a few more
- Ginger Snaps
- Planet Terror
- The Fog

- Legion
- Night Of The Creeps
- Drag Me To Hell
The Containment scarezone from HHN 19 was inspired by Planet Terror, while HHN 21's haunted house The Forsaken was inspired by The Fog. Though, neither were officially licensed representations. Also, the old gypsy woman from Drag Me to Hell was featured in HHN 19's Horrorwood Drive-In scarezone.

Hey, this thread exists! Cool!

Wanted to float a couple of ideas here:

I'd love a house themed to the original Transformers cartoon. On that show, the Autobots live on this big spaceship called the Ark, and there are numerous Decepticon characters in that mythology that turn into robot beasts or grotesque creatures, like the Terrorcons and Sharkticons, so I feel like the thing to do would be to have a house where the Ark is overrun by these characters, so you have a total Autobot slaughter while the core cast of Optimus, Bumblebee, Ironhide, Ratchet, Jazz, etc. try to find them off. The money shot show scene here would probably be the Terrorcons, who can combine, forming Abominus, their merged form. Bonus points if the queue video here is a new episode or two of the cartoon that lays down the backstory.

The other idea I had, that I'm fairly surprised never happened, was a house based on the Thriller video; I genuinely think you could do something cool if you do as the video did, where it starts in the movie and goes out into the street/cemetery. Would the zombies here be dancing? I dunno if I'd wanna put that on the scareactors, but I'd certainly have them appear in the house.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned The Wall (Pink Floyd) yet. Murdy's expressed interest in it before and its atmosphere is perfect. Another Brick in the Wall's music video is creepy as it is

I'm surprised no one's mentioned The Wall (Pink Floyd) yet. Murdy's expressed interest in it before and its atmosphere is perfect. Another Brick in the Wall's music video is creepy as it is
I can see The Wall being a darkhorse house on either coast. "The Pink Floyd album? Pfft."

And then they go in and get to "The Trial".

A house or scarezone based on Mortal Kombat? The video game of course, but who knows what the 2020 movie has to offer. I think it would work as their gory maze. You have characters such as Scorpion, Noob Saibot, Ermac, Reptile, Baraka, and many other characters that work well. You even have settings such as The Netherealm, Living Forest, and acid pit.

That too, honestly; Pink Floyd would be one of the rare choices that'd be perplexing and yet, make so much sense when you read the lyrics to the album songs and see some of the films made for them.

It definitely would have to do something unique; but it's something that could fill in all of the "rules" that Murdy and co. have had in the past.

I would kill for Suspiria, Sleepaway Camp, and Black Christmas. Also as a random property I think Marilyn Manson or a Rob Zombie Presents maze would be great too.

Also, it’s a shame Disney owns AHS now since ‘84 is an amazing season with tons of content.

I'm not even mad! It's okay that you feel that way, but I only felt Transformers could have wings because of the preexisting relationship with Hasbro over the brand.

If I recall, Hasbro and horror have had...a bad mix, especially following Ouijas adaptations.

Additionally, Transformers hasn't ever really gone full on in horror if I'm not mistaken, even with some of the interesting imagery used.

If I recall, Hasbro and horror have had...a bad mix, especially following Ouijas adaptations.

Additionally, Transformers hasn't ever really gone full on in horror if I'm not mistaken, even with some of the interesting imagery used.
My understanding is that, yeah, the first Ouija isn't all that fun, but that the second one, a prequel, came back swinging and did very well.

And, actually, there have been a few Transformers TV stories and comics that explore horror and suspense elements, but they've all been in the latter day.

Status
Not open for further replies.