Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The "IP That's Yet to Come" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone here watch the 2006 film "Slither"? OMG, that's the most amazing horror movie ever, maybe it should be next on the HHN maze list. It seems so perfect for the maze.

So should 3 From Hell and Devil’s Rejects be possible future contenders for houses now that House of 1000 Corpses won HotY
I'd say it's possible, but wouldn't really bet on it. Devils Rejects is pretty popular but 3 From Hell wasn't very well received by most, plus House of 1000 Corpses is pretty obscure with the GP as is without the sequels thrown in the mix.

Ok so let’s just re-evaluate some of the stuff we have here (the more...realistic IPs we’ve discussed)

-IT: believe it or not, i think this has a slight chance. It has more than enough GP appeal and can definitely draw crowds, may I dare say enough to be the only IP in a year of originals? That being said, if it somehow comes, it’s going to be an Orlando exclusive. I haven’t heard anything about Horror Made Here 2020 (other than it’s allegedly happening), but I assume they’re not gonna want Hollywood doing their version.

-Candyman: this is a BIG possibility, especially with the remake coming up. However, I’m not entirely sure how they’d do it. Would they stick with the original or do the remake? Perhaps a combination of the two? The scares are definitely there though.

-Beetlejuice: yeah, this is coming. The IP is absolutely stacked right now and if Throwback Thursdays wasn’t a hint then I must be blind. Although it may not be the scariest film, it definitely has the visuals and imagery for a Killer Klowns-esque maze. Don’t underestimate theatre kids, either. They alone can make this a packed house!

-Haunting: this is actually the one I’m having the hardest time imagining. Sure it has the scares and definitely the aesthetic, but the real heart of the show was the drama between the family and how Hill House was tearing their lives apart. It’s a very personal show. Then again, Candyman deals heavily with race relations and is depressing as hell, so who knows...

I’ll come back later with any other potential IPs that I’ve missed. Just figured I’d get the most popular ones out of the way first. Besides, it’s only the first day of spec season...

So should 3 From Hell and Devil’s Rejects be possible future contenders for houses now that House of 1000 Corpses won HotY

I don't really think so. I think they may have to pull from something else Rob Zombie (or even just a general compilation) if they ever wanna use him again. Even my UMH tour guide was saying as a big Rob Zombie fan, that she didn't think Devils' Rejects had any chance of working as a house. It's just a radically different film. And 3 From Hell follows the DR vibe more.

Ok so let’s just re-evaluate some of the stuff we have here (the more...realistic IPs we’ve discussed)

-IT: believe it or not, i think this has a slight chance. It has more than enough GP appeal and can definitely draw crowds, may I dare say enough to be the only IP in a year of originals? That being said, if it somehow comes, it’s going to be an Orlando exclusive. I haven’t heard anything about Horror Made Here 2020 (other than it’s allegedly happening), but I assume they’re not gonna want Hollywood doing their version.

UOR would jump at any opportunity to get this. It's the killer app, instantly the top drawing house that would move a lot of merch besides. But as long as WB thinks they can re-invent Horror Made Here not happening. Why invite comparisons to your own West Coast house, and why preclude entry into the Orlando market at a future date? This IP may or may not be evergreen, but I think it has at least another half decade of relevance in it.

-Candyman: this is a BIG possibility, especially with the remake coming up. However, I’m not entirely sure how they’d do it. Would they stick with the original or do the remake? Perhaps a combination of the two? The scares are definitely there though.

Closest thing I think we have to a lock. Remake, not original (tho I wouldn't be surprised by Easter eggs, like the Silver Shamrock commercial in Halloween). Should be the biggest horror movie coming out in 2020--so will make both film and HHN marketing departments happy--and keeps HHN in the Jordan Peele business, which can only pay off for years to come.

-Beetlejuice: yeah, this is coming. The IP is absolutely stacked right now and if Throwback Thursdays wasn’t a hint then I must be blind. Although it may not be the scariest film, it definitely has the visuals and imagery for a Killer Klowns-esque maze. Don’t underestimate theatre kids, either. They alone can make this a packed house!

Opening weekend 2019, I would have called this close to a lock. But from what I've heard, negative guest reactions to Ghostbusters were common and strong. I have a feeling kid-friendly comedy may be scrubbed from the event for the foreseeable future. A shame, because this has long been on my wish list.

Bettlejuice has a lot of scary messed up creatures, the movie might be a comedy, but the creature design is very freaky. I dont think it would be like ghostbusters, more like killer klowns but scarier.
The snake creature that beetlejuice turns to is really scary looking,

Heh....
:read:

Stranger Things got 2-3 hour waits damn near every night. Since S4 almost certainly won't be released in time, they'd likely go the "compilation w/ preview finale" path, so easy opportunity for a budget house as well (aside from the rights money that they would spend on another IP anyway).

In other words, I will be STUNNED if it isn't back next year.

Last edited:
Stranger Things got 2-3 hour waits damn near every night. I will be STUNNED if it isn't back next year. Easy opportunity for a budget house as well (aside from the rights money that they would spend on another IP anyway).

Yet it got a poor reception at both parks...and Season 4 is apparently (rumored) gonna be filming all the way to August, which means it may not even be out during HHN.

If I recall, I also believe Legacy implied Netflix was not pleased with Hollywood’s version this year barring guest reactions.

Status
Not open for further replies.