The Last of Us (HHN 32) | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

The Last of Us (HHN 32)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Maybe it's just me, or does it feel like (for the first half at least) the scareactors aren't able to get too close to the guests ala TWD 2012? The Runners in the locker room, fire pit and bathroom are what come to mind specifically.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Maybe it's just me, or does it feel like (for the first half at least) the scareactors aren't able to get too close to the guests ala TWD 2012? The Runners in the locker room, fire pit and bathroom are what come to mind specifically.

While I don't know the actual reason, the scareactors in the first half do keep a bit of distance between them and the guests. It could be intentional in design or purpose, perhaps to lull people into a false sense of security as the scareactors in the second half get much, much closer.

So now that I've gone through this, I decided to see vids of Hollywood's version and it actually made me appreciate this one a lot more! Now for those who want to see Joel and Ellie, HW does have the better version as they're featured way more prominently in that version.

But when it comes to the nastier forms of the infected such as the Clickers and Bloaters, I really like what Orlando has for them! Be it the sound cancelling room which has nothing but the sounds of the clickers to build the creepy tension, to the double scare, and then we have the bloaters. The first one seems a little tame, except when they show they can lean very far over the barrier which forces folks to hug the opposite wall.

And then we have the bloater in the finale, that one is the bona' fide MVP of the house. Every time that one had me running out of the way as they were the prime definition of "OH LAWD HE COMIN'!!!". And in my last run through, I couldn't run away as they got the jump on me, so I had to throw my back to a wall as they barreled past and scared the crap out of the couple behind me.

As I've mentioned before, I am a massive TLOU fan. It's my favorite game of all time, and I have a clicker tattooed on my shoulder lol. TLOU was, by far, my #1 wishlist IP to ever come to the event.

It comes in at #5 on my ranking. We got 4 runthroughs of this, and I never saw Ellie more than once. Joel, twice.

The sets are stunning and the costumes are great. I was truly in awe going through it for the first time, and after getting a few runthroughs of it I started to notice some things that I wasn't crazy about.

However I will say, the UTH tour really did a lot for this house for me. This thing is absolutely LOADED with details only the biggest fans would notice.

As I've mentioned before, I am a massive TLOU fan. It's my favorite game of all time, and I have a clicker tattooed on my shoulder lol. TLOU was, by far, my #1 wishlist IP to ever come to the event.

It comes in at #5 on my ranking. We got 4 runthroughs of this, and I never saw Ellie more than once. Joel, twice.

The sets are stunning and the costumes are great. I was truly in awe going through it for the first time, and after getting a few runthroughs of it I started to notice some things that I wasn't crazy about.

However I will say, the UTH tour really did a lot for this house for me. This thing is absolutely LOADED with details only the biggest fans would notice.

I guess you see Ellie and Joel one extra time at the end as mannequins at the very end of the house, a really really bad choice since they could have put 2 actors there instead lol.
Mannequins don't look great and they are facing the wall.

What things weren't you crazy about?

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
I guess you see Ellie and Joel one extra time at the end as mannequins at the very end of the house, a really really bad choice since they could have put 2 actors there instead lol.
Mannequins don't look great and they are facing the wall.

What things weren't you crazy about?
Well you just mentioned one of them, lol.

I would have liked to have seen some forced perspective scenes with taller buildings - this section of the game gave you the feeling of being trapped because you were in a city surrounded by massive buildings, and you don't know where you're going.

I've also heard about some cut elements that would have really fleshed it out.

I would have liked to have seen some forced perspective scenes with taller buildings - this section of the game gave you the feeling of being trapped because you were in a city surrounded by massive buildings, and you don't know where you're going.

I agree with you. I enjoyed the house having enjoyed the game and universe, but something still felt lacking in terms of scale and openness in many scenes. But that is also coming from, what I think, is parade houses that do a good job of containing you and hiding the ceiling per-say. Could you spoiler tag the cut elements for our curiosity?

I agree with you. I enjoyed the house having enjoyed the game and universe, but something still felt lacking in terms of scale and openness in many scenes. But that is also coming from, what I think, is parade houses that do a good job of containing you and hiding the ceiling per-say. Could you spoiler tag the cut elements for our curiosity?

I do really really want to know the cut parts please

I do really really want to know the cut parts please
I don't know a lot, but I have heard that the final scene was supposed to have the Humvee from that section of the game!