The Last of Us: Part 3 | Inside Universal Forums

The Last of Us: Part 3

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I hope they make it at leas option to just play it more like the first game....the second game felt slow at times because of the extra walking

As a person with a job and other things going on...I'm down for a 10ish or less hour amazing story over another semi open world sony game

Can’t wait.

Early prediction: No Abby and Ellie will die for a cure.There is no happiness for Ellie in this world knowing she’s the cure. I think Abby’s arc came to a conclusion at the end of Part 2 and Druckmann has always said the TLOU Franchise is about the story of Joel and Ellie. We go where Ellie goes and Joel is there in spirit.

Supposedly mocap work started last year.

I hope they make it at leas option to just play it more like the first game....the second game felt slow at times because of the extra walking

As a person with a job and other things going on...I'm down for a 10ish or less hour amazing story over another semi open world sony game
The first game was not 10-ish hours. It was roughly 20 without trying to do everything the game offered and find every collectible, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: chris.g
Can’t wait.

Early prediction: No Abby and Ellie will die for a cure.There is no happiness for Ellie in this world knowing she’s the cure. I think Abby’s arc came to a conclusion at the end of Part 2 and Druckmann has always said the TLOU Franchise is about the story of Joel and Ellie. We go where Ellie goes and Joel is there in spirit.

Gonna give a prediction too:

If Part I is on Unconditional Love, and Part II is on Unconditional Justice--then Part III is Unconditional Hope.

Why Unconditional Hope? Because, Ellie is hoping to finally pursue alongside those who she can convince; on a suicide plan that ensures a cure is made. It is a story of the hope, that her death can cause change to the world, her hope; that Dina can forgive her for leaving her and the baby behind. It is the hope, that Ellie can be good with who she is, when she goes.

Reactions: Nick
Can’t wait.

The first game was not 10-ish hours. It was roughly 20 without trying to do everything the game offered and find every collectible, etc.
Fair enough its 16 hours from looking it up

Which...is still a good length

I just hope the third game isn't padded out

I just put a solid 25 hours into a playthrough of TLOU, granted i'm an achievement hunter so was looking for all notes, comics, pendants, shiv doors, safes, etc AND was playing on Grounded.

Gonna give a prediction too:

If Part I is on Unconditional Love, and Part II is on Unconditional Justice--then Part III is Unconditional Hope.

Why Unconditional Hope? Because, Ellie is hoping to finally pursue alongside those who she can convince; on a suicide plan that ensures a cure is made. It is a story of the hope, that her death can cause change to the world, her hope; that Dina can forgive her for leaving her and the baby behind. It is the hope, that Ellie can be good with who she is, when she goes.
I think a lot of what you are saying sounds about right, but I do have a prediction that the game will leave it off almost like The Sopranos, almost fading to black with us never truly finding out if a cure was made. This doesn't seem to be the type of franchise that would end things in that straightforward of a manner, but I may be wrong.

Last edited:
I just put a solid 25 hours into a playthrough of TLOU, granted i'm an achievement hunter so was looking for all notes, comics, pendants, shiv doors, safes, etc AND was playing on Grounded.

I think a lot of what you are saying sounds about right, but I do have a prediction that the game will leave it off almost like The Sopranos, almost fading to black with us never truly finding out if a cure was made. This doesn't seem to be the type of franchise that would end things in that straightforward of a manner, but I may be wrong.

And to that--I think it really, really depends; on Dina.

If I was thinking logistically, I'd do a Dual-Perspective setup similar to TLOU2, but with the element of us going into Dina's perspective as opposed to Abby. To show how she processes and deals with not only tending to her son, but also to her emotional views of Ellie. And how they in turn bring it to a head when the two intersect.

Reactions: Nick
And to that--I think it really, really depends; on Dina.

If I was thinking logistically, I'd do a Dual-Perspective setup similar to TLOU2, but with the element of us going into Dina's perspective as opposed to Abby. To show how she processes and deals with not only tending to her son, but also to her emotional views of Ellie. And how they in turn bring it to a head when the two intersect.
I really, really like that idea, especially with where their relationship is at the end of TLOU 2. Plus, playing as Dina is super fun in No Return. I'm thinking they didn't make a bunch of playable models of these characters playable for just for No Return, but maybe that's just me being hopeful. Like, I could see us playing as Tommy as well for a short bit of the game, potentially in a flashback.

I don't think TLOU 2 was padded out if that's what you're getting at. I think they made it the length it needed to be. There's no right or wrong length for a narrative driven game. It's about what's right for the story the creatives are trying to tell.

I really, really like that idea, especially with where their relationship is at the end of TLOU 2. Plus, playing as Dina is super fun in No Return. I'm thinking they didn't make a bunch of playable models of these characters playable for just for No Return, but maybe that's just me being hopeful. Like, I could see us playing as Tommy as well for a short bit of the game, potentially in a flashback.

When looking at the reception, I think Dina probably had the best overall with TLOU2--in the terms of the new characters. Feels very sensical to me given everything TLOU2 does, especially with how it ends; to have her be a critical part of what drives Ellie as a character. To be better, and to be the best she can be.

When looking at the reception, I think Dina probably had the best overall with TLOU2--in the terms of the new characters. Feels very sensical to me given everything TLOU2 does, especially with how it ends; to have her be a critical part of what drives Ellie as a character. To be better, and to be the best she can be.
Dina was a very likable character that was extremely loyal from the jump and over time probably to a fault. I just started a new play through (I'm sitting on beginning Ellie's Seattle Day 1) and the second Ellie says she has to go to go after the WLF in Seattle, Dina says she's coming. Ellie asks if she's sure she really wants to come and Dina then goes on to say, "I go where you go".

Reactions: AlexanderMBush

As I stated above, it was rumored late last year that mocap filming was underway and had begun in the summer, meaning a script is done etc.

It should be noted that filming typically takes place extremely early on with video games and TLOU’s history proves this. In 2017 at Paris Games Week, a 5 minute trailer for TLOU 2 was released and gave our first look at Abby (this was when people thought Abby might be Ellie’s mom, ha!).

Look at how polished that trailer is and that’s virtually all stuff that made the game, shown off in 2017, 3 years before the game was released.