The Mandalorian | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

The Mandalorian

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Lol, what if it's George? I would faint. It probably would be sloppy direction, but I would faint.

I am betting somehow, we will eventually see Lucas back on for a directing position in Star Wars in the forseeable future. That said..it won't be here. Even with his former pupil having a good grasp creatively.

I am betting somehow, we will eventually see Lucas back on for a directing position in Star Wars in the forseeable future. That said..it won't be here. Even with his former pupil having a good grasp creatively.
I agree, and Disney+ is the perfect platform for whatever it is. Let him do a one-off movie about the Whills or something.

Reactions: belloq87
Lol, what if it's George? I would faint. It probably would be sloppy direction, but I would faint.
George is on set and advising heavily during Filoni’s episodes, we already know that from the documentary series.

George will never actually direct though in all likelihood.

I agree, and Disney+ is the perfect platform for whatever it is. Let him do a one-off movie about the Whills or something.
If Filoni gains enough control at LucasFilm, Lucas will always be welcomed to direct something if he wants to.

Reactions: joelbryant11
I mean if Disney wants content for D+ they could always let him finish that SW series thing he was working on, the virtual sets are perfect for it now.

We should also keep in mind though that he’s 76 and he’s only directed live action once since 2005’s Revenge of the Sith (2012’s Red Tails). All of his live action efforts this century have arguably been sub-par.

Reactions: RevFreako
That was by far the best episode of the Mandalorian. It was perfect. And thats coming from someone who never watched the animated series. The negativity I see out of some of you is dumbfounding. It's like the people who loved Game of Thrones and decided to turn on it for no reason even though it was amazing til the end. Negativity breeds negativity I guess. It's hard to walk a fine line between pleasing fans and telling a fresh story. Mandalorian rides that line with perfection. As with all fantasy worlds, the major players will always be referenced because of their consequential actions. That was litterly the coolest thing I've watched all year and I feel sorry for people who can't just enjoy things.

That was by far the best episode of the Mandalorian. It was perfect. And thats coming from someone who never watched the animated series. The negativity I see out of some of you is dumbfounding. It's like the people who loved Game of Thrones and decided to turn on it for no reason even though it was amazing til the end. Negativity breeds negativity I guess. It's hard to walk a fine line between pleasing fans and telling a fresh story. Mandalorian rides that line with perfection. As with all fantasy worlds, the major players will always be referenced because of their consequential actions. That was litterly the coolest thing I've watched all year and I feel sorry for people who can't just enjoy things.
That's a good 1 for 1

Like in GOT we got tons of stuff thrown at us from the books and years of history we have never seen yet a character that has been around for 12 years...which there are books, games and the show was on Netflix's and Now Disney plus while we are stuck in doors are like "this sucks, who is this?"

Honestly Cobb Vanth in episode one is character that already exists and NO one complained about him in the series, my dad loved that character and has no idea what is out there besides the main films. So why is his character ok to be thrown in but not clone wars/rebel characters bet a million bucks more people know characters from those shows over a new book series that is like 5 years old

Fwiw, I’m loving this season and I’ve literally never seen an episode of Clone Wars or Rebels. Now, I do know of these characters and general, but I’ve never seen them portrayed in even animation and it’s not taking away from my enjoyment of the show at all.

My Mom, brother and sister also watch and they are super casuals. They’ve never heard of any animated characters until now, but it hasn’t stopped them from wanting to watch the show every week.

If we’re being honest Mando is better when he has someone to play off of/team up with. This episode was no different than last week’s episode where he teamed up with Cara and Greef when you really break it down.

Looking towards the episode tonight, I know it's unlikely, but wouldn't it be awesome if we got an episode that was from Moff Gideon's POV and it ended with him setting up a great two-parter reaching Mando's tracker. Then next episode, we look at what Mando was doing in the moments just before that and the final two episodes are just bonkers. That makes me excited to think of even as a possibility, but like I said, I know it won't happen :lol:

Reactions: Nico
I totally thought this episode was gonna be filler and man am I glad I was wrong. Looks like we’re seeing the end of season crew start to really form now, too, which is great.

I totally thought this episode was gonna be filler and man am I glad I was wrong. Looks like we’re seeing the end of season crew start to really form now, too, which is great.
Definitely felt like part 1/3 of this seasons climax, eager to see how this goes. Also really put in perspective to me just how jam packed this season has been.
Also, I'm just gonna place my bets now since we're going full Dark Trooper and Grogu's force beacon seemingly working (maybe?) I'm just gonna double down on guessing Katarn will be the one to respond to the call, in the off chance that ends up happening.

Definitely felt like part 1/3 of this seasons climax, eager to see how this goes. Also really put in perspective to me just how jam packed this season has been.
Also, I'm just gonna place my bets now since we're going full Dark Trooper and Grogu's force beacon seemingly working (maybe?) I'm just gonna double down on guessing Katarn will be the one to respond to the call, in the off chance that ends up happening.
Im going with either Ezra or Cal. The seeing stone really reminded me of some stuff from Jedi: Fallen Order and wasn’t the cliffhanger at the end of the games story that Cal wanted to search out other Jedi?

I also think there’s a possibility that Season 2 leaves off on a cliffhanger by just showing their legs/feet and then their saber turning on. The color of the saber would mostly give away who it is.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Echoing @Nick, this episode kicked all the ass and I absolutely love how it was a large episode with the small runtime. Robert Rodriguez killed Faverau's script, and it shows extremely well.

I absolutely love how straight to the point the reintroduced characters have been. Especially with Boba and Fennec. I'm extremely excited to see what impact those two have on each other going forward--especially if it's going to tie into Boba Fett for D+.

So I am going to disclose Boba was one of my favorite characters growing up and Empire to me is hands down the best Star Wars movie to date and Rogue one is the best film Disney has made for SW.
So to say the least I like story's where the good guys don't win. This could be my favorite episode of the series, Seeing Slave one, Boba in Action again, talking about Jango and the armors history, great action, Dark troopers and the main villain not being some idiot it's pretty much the perfect episode for me. I won't call it 10/10 but it made me for the first time in a long time feel like a kid again and it was just so much fun. Loved it and Can't wait to see what happens

Reactions: belloq87 and Nick
Oh man this episode was so badass. Definitely my favorite so far.
So amazing to see Boba and Mando fight alongside. Fricken amazing to see Temura in that iconic suit and hearing that badass voice once again. Love it man.

Oh man this episode was so badass. Definitely my favorite so far.
So amazing to see Boba and Mando fight alongside. Fricken amazing to see Temura in that iconic suit and hearing that badass voice once again. Love it man.
Your profile picture is *perfect*

Reactions: Jaden
This episode was perfectly timed for me too, as after Bo-Katan and mention of Ahsoka, I figured I'd watch the prequels again before watching clone wars. I know I wouldn't have gotten that reference had I not watched recently since I've never been a big prequel fan (although upon this recent viewing I have to say I kinda wish the technology was better when these stories were told as one of the worst parts about the movies is the terrible CGI. The world building is great.)

Last edited: