The Museum: Deadly Exhibits (HHN 33) | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

The Museum: Deadly Exhibits (HHN 33)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This house was meh. They needed to make it darker and more claustrophobic. I’m sure they will learn to make it darker within time and I’ll will move up my list. Can’t really do anything about the claustrophobic part but I’m sure one the SA get in there groove it will be better.

This house was meh. They needed to make it darker and more claustrophobic. I’m sure they will learn to make it darker within time and I’ll will move up my list. Can’t really do anything about the claustrophobic part but I’m sure one the SA get in there groove it will be better.
Is it bright? Or just not as dark as it should be?

I know in a few days but just curious

From the videos I’ve seen, my big takeaway is that it’s suffering from the same problem that Depths of Fear did at first: the few costumed creatures seem a little clunky & awkward moving around, and the abundance of human/victim characters are not very aggressive either.

Hopefully this improves during the season in the same way that Depths’s cast did.

From the videos I’ve seen, my big takeaway is that it’s suffering from the same problem that Depths of Fear did at first: the few costumed creatures seem a little clunky & awkward moving around, and the abundance of human/victim characters are not very aggressive either.

Hopefully this improves during the season in the same way that Depths’s cast did.

I'm noticing the same on the other houses, seems like a lot of human characters, I've never been a huge fan of when they use regular humans or victims for scares, ( that's just personal preference) but I really hate when they put regular people as characters for houses.
with this house, I had expected to be like that detective legendary truth house we had on Shrek building ( that house felt like a museum, kind of) I had expected this one to have been like that. I loved that house so much, one of my favorites. I was expecting all kinds of creatures

Last edited:
My main gripe as well is that there are too many guard scares. Idk if that is a function of not having enough creature costumes or by design but I would say keep the first guard and maybe one more somewhere else but swap out the rest with more monsters. I think there were 4 or 5 guards. I'd say then fog up the house a bit more and if they get a little more aggressive this can turn around.

I think a big issue is that the visual look of the Rotting Stone just ... isn't that scary? You can see it's effects everywhere, there are bits of porous stone across walls and pillars and taking over people, but it never really comes together for me. The stone isn't inherently freaky looking, so it needs context to make it scary. Unfortunately, there is never a moment where the concept clicks, and it's kinda all over the place because of it. There's a Mask Guy that is a black jumpsuit wearing an ancient mask? There's a Viking that mostly just looks like a regular Viking? There's victims being taken over by the porous stone stuff? Some of them are taking their own heads off... I think? It's really scattershot and it doesn't mesh as a whole.

In some ways, I appreciate them taking a bit of a risk with the concept and going a little bit crazier than just "The exhibits are alive!", but I also kinda wish that's just what we got instead. The Rotting Stone is unique to this, but it's also not portrayed very well at all. I think if it was a little more body horror-y, if the exhibits they chose to possess were easier to read at a glance as "Cowboys, Mummys, Dinosaurs, Taxidermy Animals", I think it would sell a lot easier.

The concept of the Rotting Stone and its visual appearance is super gross, but the execution is just a a little bit underwhelming. The guards dying are most of the scares in the house, and they just seem to be bleeding out as opposed to slowly rotting and turning into that porous organic material.

The viking scene is cool and what I wanted for the whole house, and the mask scene is awesome and reminds me of Mystic Manor at HKDL. I just wish it had been either a full on body horror house, or more gruesome with stuff like dinosaurs mauling people or medieval knights slashing guards into pieces.

Really baffled by the decision to make many of the scares guards. That should've been limited to the first scene or two and then maybe a marquee kill midway. Otherwise... what are we doing here? Wondering if there are costuming delays with the creatures/monsters/spirits and they had to throw something together for opening weekend.

The exhibits are alive!

The concept of the Rotting Stone and its visual appearance is super gross, but the execution is just a a little bit underwhelming. The guards dying are most of the scares in the house, and they just seem to be bleeding out as opposed to slowly rotting and turning into that porous organic material.

The viking scene is cool and what I wanted for the whole house, and the mask scene is awesome and reminds me of Mystic Manor at HKDL. I just wish it had been either a full on body horror house, or more gruesome with stuff like dinosaurs mauling people or medieval knights slashing guards into pieces.

"The exhibits are alive!" was exactly what i was expecting lol :lol: i expected night at the museum :lol:
if they couldnt do crazy creature costumes or if they couldnt reuse old costumes then i kinda wish it had been actors dressed and painted with the make up like a statue (or stone or marble or something)