Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The NBA Experience

Internally, management was considering the update to be a failure, especially on the shopping front. Guests were incredibly unhappy. I have no idea what they consider it now, as all of my former leads are now in the parks.
You said you last worked at DS in 2016, right? Idk, I just don’t believe that it’s considered a failure when it’s constantly packed even with all of the space they added.

That's...unexpected

I honestly thought most of the restaurant updates were positive...I guess people aren't feeling the 'outlet mall aesthetic' parts

You said you last worked at DS in 2016, right? Idk, I just don’t believe that it’s considered a failure when it’s constantly packed even with all of the space they added.

He noted "especially the shopping front" part. I can see that with some of the turn over they've had. Considering how the original DS proposal had larger tenants like Apple that never showed up I could see it.

He noted "especially the shopping front" part. I can see that with some of the turn over they've had. Considering how the original DS proposal had larger tenants like Apple that never showed up I could see it.
That would make a ton of sense

I venture to think that Disney exclusive shops are what people are after in a place like Disney Springs

Yeah it’s disappointing the DS didn’t get an Apple or tech store, but there actually hasn’t been much turnover of the stores at all. Disney has just been filling empty storefronts over time.

Hell, Harley-Davidson moved into Town Center to get more business and DisneyStyle took over that location.

Last edited:
Yeah it’s disappointing the DS didn’t get an Apple or tech store, but there actually hasn’t been much turnover of the stores at all. Disney has just been filling empty storefronts over time.

Hell, Harley-Davidson moved into Town Center to get more business and DisneyStyle took over that location.
I imagine it's filling a niche pretty well as a people eater, right? Probably doesn't have to make a ton of money as long as it keeps people in the bubble.

City Works (the attached sports bar) will not be opening until Winter, however. The construction walls say "Winter 2019" for that part of the building.

Are we expecting this to be ticketed? I assumed this was a glorified Dave + Busters. Restaurant, arcade (costs money) and a couple other things (which will probably cost $).

So, you could walk in for free and wander, but you couldn't do anything.

Are we expecting this to be ticketed? I assumed this was a glorified Dave + Busters. Restaurant, arcade (costs money) and a couple other things (which will probably cost $).

So, you could walk in for free and wander, but you couldn't do anything.
Either you'll be able to walk in and just wander (but not do anything), or you'll need to pay up front like DQ. My money is on paying up front, although allowing people to walkthrough and pay separately would be more inviting for people to come in and check it out.

Either you'll be able to walk in and just wander (but not do anything), or you'll need to pay up front like DQ. My money is on paying up front, although allowing people to walkthrough and pay separately would be more inviting for people to come in and check it out.

Reading the description, almost certainly a DQ model. You'll have to take an elevator up to it (mentions only two floors), so it's fairly set off from the rest of Springs. I imagine they left the turnstiles intact. Also it sounds like there will be a lot of basketball themed video games on free play.

Looks to me like the first floor will be public with a few displays, store and food. Second floor will probably be the games and other things you can do.

Well hey, if the NBA Experience fails, all they’ve got to do is retheme it to FIFA and you’ve got yourself something that will be of real interest to overseas visitors and even domestic travelers.

Looks to me like the first floor will be public with a few displays, store and food. Second floor will probably be the games and other things you can do.

If there is a quick-serve food element--I thought I read there was--almost certainly going on the 4th floor. All the infrastructure should still be there. And the artwork for the entryway clearly shows the 3rd floor rotunda. I don't know if they are combining two floors or ignoring the 5th, but I suspect the bottom two will be admission, the NBA store and CityWorks.