The Official 5th Disney Park Discussion | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

The Official 5th Disney Park Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
UGH-- so tired of the "ZOMG--DISNEY IS BUILDING ANOTHER PARK!!!" because they made the agreement with the District.

They have an allocated spot for a fifth full size theme park (there were TWO before the whole thing blew up), and five spots where smaller parks COULD go. Nothing has been greenlit, and I honestly don't see anything coming anytime before 2035.

I read the Sentinel article and this really rings true:
“Disney has taken a look at the American vacation patterns and it’s not like we’re getting more time [off], right?”
Besides the idea that another park would cut into attendance of the other three that aren't MK, it would also mean a HUGE increase in staffing that I just don't see happening. It's much more logical that for the foreseeable future they just add to the parks they have and boost their attendance.

UGH-- so tired of the "ZOMG--DISNEY IS BUILDING ANOTHER PARK!!!" because they made the agreement with the District.

They have an allocated spot for a fifth full size theme park (there were TWO before the whole thing blew up), and five spots where smaller parks COULD go. Nothing has been greenlit, and I honestly don't see anything coming anytime before 2035.

I read the Sentinel article and this really rings true:

Besides the idea that another park would cut into attendance of the other three that aren't MK, it would also mean a HUGE increase in staffing that I just don't see happening. It's much more logical that for the foreseeable future they just add to the parks they have and boost their attendance.
Make sure all your existing parks are built out fully then break ground on that 5th gate.

At the same time, while there might be a rush on 1-day tickets the first year or so, ultimately there's not much room to go up on multiday tickets. I don't think a 5-day ticket could suddenly go up $100, the cost of that 5th day is already a fairly nominal increase from the 4-day. A traditional 5th park would just cannabalize.

Obviously a boutique park like Discovery Cove would be a different equation, but I don't think that's one anyone is talking about.

Obviously a boutique park like Discovery Cove would be a different equation, but I don't think that's one anyone is talking about.
In the past there where ideas to build a Mist park on the little island they had but that went no where. Now they tried the Star Wars hotel as a boutique experience but that died so I don't think they need to go there.

Build out the 3 under appreciated parks (worth 1 theme park of expansion) would be the smartest thing to do.

The total investment over the next 20 years is $17 billion, which is a pretty normal figure for that length of time. Meaning “new park” isn’t in that amount. So moving on…
At this point a 5th gate at WDW would make it too overwhelming for families to cram everything in during their visit. DLR has a more legitimate need for a third gate. Put that money there instead.

I think Disney should add a small adults only all inclusive boutique park that is combination of a spa and chill water park. No actual slides, but a long lazy river, a couple of waterfall lagoons, a couple of hot tubs, a cold plunge pool, saunas, and spa treatments available. They would have a buffet open all day that would include beer and wine (spirits available for an extra cost).

Disney Spa-aah!

I think Disney should add a small adults only all inclusive boutique park that is combination of a spa and chill water park. No actual slides, but a long lazy river, a couple of waterfall lagoons, a couple of hot tubs, a cold plunge pool, saunas, and spa treatments available. They would have a buffet open all day that would include beer and wine (spirits available for an extra cost).

Disney Spa-aah!
I do you one better, a WDW nudist resort.

• Haha
Reactions: Disneyhead

Disney Spa-aah!
Unironically, find a way to do rare meet & greet photo ops here, place would routinely sell out.

Disney Spa-aah!
Considering that "Disney Adult" is now a market... why not? If Discovery Cove can routinely sell out (to mostly adults & older families), I'd imagine WDW would do it quite easily.

*I don't mean Disney Adult in a negative light.

Considering that "Disney Adult" is now a market... why not? If Discovery Cove can routinely sell out (to mostly adults & older families), I'd imagine WDW would do it quite easily.

*I don't mean Disney Adult in a negative light.
Honestly, this was what the Starcruiser could've been in some respects.

A premium, adult-oriented upcharge resort with lots of unique, smaller experiences you can't get in the existing parks. I think that could do pretty well. Just don't make it too expensive, and don't lock park experiences like existing, popular Meet and Greets or Shows behind it, and I think it could be recieved relatively well.

Last edited:

Disney Spa-aah!
I'm going to take a lawn chair, sit outside the gate, and just film the meltdowns when people can't take their kids in.

Honestly, this was what the Starcruiser could've been in some respects.

A premium, adult-oriented upcharge resort with lots of unique, smaller experiences you can't get in the existing parks. I think that could do pretty well. Just don't make it to expensive, and don't lock park experiences like existing, popular Meet and Greets or Shows behind it, and I think it could be recieved relatively well.

Absolutely agree with this, except it COULD be too expensive, as long as you don't lock guests into an overnight stay. Cut the price $500, have faith they'll spend that on another resort on property to spend the night. I've long said Potter could've worked in this way, as well. Not sure any other IPs could, tho.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
I think the issue with a premium resort focused on adult activities is that it already exists - it’s called the Ritz Carlton JW Marriott at Grande Lakes. Or the Waldorf Signia at Bonnet Creek. Disney isn’t outdoing what those are, especially with the part of your target market that has a ton of Bonvoy or Hilton Honor points.

I also struggle with the concept of a boutique theme park when you can just book a VIP tour and turn the top 2-3 E tickets at every park into your boutique experience. A fifth, limited attendance park would have to be better than that.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I also struggle with the concept of a boutique theme park when you can just book a VIP tour and turn the top 2-3 E tickets at every park into your boutique experience. A fifth, limited attendance park would have to be better than that.
A boutique "theme park" won't have traditional dark ride/coaster experiences, more with unique smaller group experiences like Meow Wolf/Area 51 or Discovery Cove. More tranquil than action-packed.

I really think the idea of a boutique park is great. Especially if it really is the all inclusive Discovery Cove model.

But then you have the Hollywood Studios issue-- how do you get guests to understand it's not a "regular" theme park? Or do they not understand and you have to invest more money to turn it into one over time because guests rate it low because they expected it to be a regular theme park? If you make a unique, premium experience you have to find that balance, and Star Cruiser is a prime example that even Disney can't figure that out.

A boutique "theme park" won't have traditional dark ride/coaster experiences, more with unique smaller group experiences like Meow Wolf/Area 51 or Discovery Cove. More tranquil than action-packed.
Except in the context of how much cash WDW generates, there’s no market for those things. Everything other than “let’s crank a ton of people through our theme parks and give them places to stay that makes that easier” has been a loser. Discovery Island, the golf courses, Disney Quest, Disney Institute… they aren’t bad ideas, they just end up being a drop in the bucket and not worth it. Discovery Cove would be a drop in the bucket to WDW - it is not a drop in the bucket to a smaller regional park like SeaWorld.

Reactions: Jake S
Discovery Cove would be a drop in the bucket to WDW - it is not a drop in the bucket to a smaller regional park like SeaWorld.
Discovery Cove is also a unique park with an offering that appeals to people who may not go to SeaWorld (all the animal interactions). I don’t think a boutique version of Magic Kingdom is what big-spending Disney fans want. They want more of the dopamine hit they get from going to one of the four existing parks.

A fifth gate may prove problematic, but I’m of the mind Disney could keep expanding its existing theme parks and have a lot more success by increasing capacity (and as such, ticket sales and time in park) than by trying another boutique experience.

Reactions: GA-MBIT