The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 213 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perry the Platypus
Giant Platypus
The articles were from November 2013
Microsoft released Xbox One in November of 2013 as well
Horror Games on Xbox One (Grain of salt: I am using google... and know nothing about these games): Outlast, Evil Within, Dead by Daylight, Resident Evil, Blair Witch, Stay Alive, and a ton more.

Google also created Google Helpouts and Sony released the PS4. So those could also be things as well!
Here's a link to a ton of stuff that happened in 2013 if anyone wants to use it

Ok , my attempt..
-Platypus- there is Platypus LLC (senseplatypus.com) out of Pitt.
-Low cost water data collection
-On the who we are page Team Leader is
Jason Blum.
-Jason Blum is a well know horror film producer.
- Pick one of his films.

Drops the mic and runs like heck :)

I like this one. Not sure that "database" is "data collection", but it's as good a guess as we have so far.

Given what we know is unlikely to come this year (slashers, etc.), I would think this rules out The Purge films, Halloween and Halloween Kills, Black Christmas (yuk). But there are still so many to choose from that it's difficult to narrow down. But, since it would be a shared property with Hollywood, is not a slasher, and is not time-sensitive (meaning it isn't one that has to be done this year), I would guess a Paranormal Activity house.

Reactions: Andromeda
I like this one. Not sure that "database" is "data collection", but it's as good a guess as we have so far.

Given what we know is unlikely to come this year (slashers, etc.), I would think this rules out The Purge films, Halloween and Halloween Kills, Black Christmas (yuk). But there are still so many to choose from that it's difficult to narrow down. But, since it would be a shared property with Hollywood, is not a slasher, and is not time-sensitive (meaning it isn't one that has to be done this year), I would guess a Paranormal Activity house.
Thank you! You are really great at figuring out these clues. I give it a go with all of them but most of the time I end up with a "cult classic" film which I dont expect to show up during an anniversary year. I have another guess but I need to connect it better. I'm about to start my happy hour so maybe the creativity will start flowing :)

No, Legacy is talking about this...

Legacy said to look at the shortcut in another way- maybe we should be looking for a prominent database and searching platypus in it?

But this was the first thing I tried when I saw the shortcut "database", and it didn't yield anything in my searches. Again, this isn't easy. Pretending it is can be kind of frustrating tbh.

Reactions: londonwerecat
But this was the first thing I tried when I saw the shortcut "database", and it didn't yield anything in my searches. Again, this isn't easy. Pretending it is can be kind of frustrating tbh.
You’re really gonna kick yourself when you figure out which database I’m referring to.

Reactions: bobo5162
You’re really gonna kick yourself when you figure out which database I’m referring to.
I mean first thing I did was go to IMDB and plug in "Platypus" and found a movie and a documentary - but I couldn't make any link off of those. That was when the clue was first given.

I mean first thing I did was go to IMDB and plug in "Platypus" and found a movie and a documentary - but I couldn't make any link off of those. That was when the clue was first given.
Well, because it’s not that direct. I’ve given you everything to find a film, with an actor, who played a character, who was played by an actor, who was in the solution.

Okay, big maybe, but,
An IMDB search leads me to which leads me to 2017 short film "Platypus"
Platypus has actor Peter Holden as "The Priest"
Peter Holding was also a Facebook Lawyer in "The Social Network"
Another Facebook Lawyer was played by actor Darin Cooper
Darin Cooper appeared in an episode of The Walking Dead

This one feels right. Too right. Too right that I'm probably wrong.

I hate guessing Stephen King properties, but here I am to do it again.

-Phineas and Ferb
-Playtpus
-Hexley - Platypus mascot for open source OS Darwin
-Named after Thomas Henry Huxley
-Played by Toby Jones in Creation
-Toby Jones is in THE MIST

Another attempt...
Platypus software/tech
Oracle Database
Oracle was a character in The Matrix
Keanu Reeves was in The Matrix
who was in Bill and Ted.
Bill and Ted returns.
and
There have been several films called Oracle but I can't connect any actors to move on. As I was searching The Oculus movie kept coming up which had a bunch of leads to movies involved with with Mike Flannigan/Jason Blum/Katie Siegal.
So maybe Hush or Dr. Sleep?

Mostly lurker here, seeing if I can get this one based on the last clue:
Platypus voices by Dee Bradley Baker
Who also voiced characters in Family Guy
One of which just happened to be a GREMLIN??????

I hate guessing Stephen King properties, but here I am to do it again.

-Phineas and Ferb
-Playtpus
-Hexley - Platypus mascot for open source OS Darwin
-Named after Thomas Henry Huxley
-Played by Toby Jones in Creation
-Toby Jones is in THE MIST

Extremely underrated film!!

Status
Not open for further replies.