The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 405 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah SF is pretty awful. Seemed the best time to hang out there was the last two sets of the night as people went towards the exit.

IDK gross stuff dangling in guests’ path is traditional within any haunted house; even local ones. It’s meant to freak you out. Haunted houses aren’t meant to be a sanitary experience....until now, I guess.

Maybe so, but all those filthy curtains have done for me personally is make me question whether I should get a tetanus shot or not.

I know this is in the logistics “grey area”; but, I think express is set to run a little differently (if that article is to be believed...and it’s all we have to go on at this point).

It sounds like VQ will be designed to spread out and schedule express throughout the night.

So, let’s say that the same 100 people all enter at the same time. 50 express people say that they have BJ on their list. Those 50 get scheduled for a virtual queue from entrance time throughout the night. Let’s say that 15 get scheduled right away.

Assuming the house/queue holds 40, that means that 25 non-express can get into the queue right away.

Again, this is still some rough math, and there are still a lot of assumptions. But, that’s how I pictured it happening after reading that article. And yes, that also means that non-expressers can get locked out if they have bad timing.

thinking of this, what happens with the guests arriving after 10 pm
unless they dont allow entry after 10? free parking always brings an extra crowd, but this year with limited tickets and VQ, i wonder what happens

Maybe so, but all those filthy curtains have done for me personally is make me question whether I should get a tetanus shot or not.

Uh, the answer is yes. You‘re suppose to get a booster every 10 years after your initial shot. And filthy curtains won’t give you tentanus unless there’s rusted metal dangling in them and you’re rubbing an open wound up in them. Hello, fishhooks!

Uh, the answer is yes. You‘re suppose to get a booster every 10 years after your initial shot. And filthy curtains won’t give you tentanus unless there’s rusted metal dangling in them and you’re rubbing an open wound up in them. Hello, fishhooks!

I was just trying to speak about general overall cleanliness, but thanks for the advice!

Part of the fun for me is hitting houses multiple times. I can get up to 15 house runs done in a night with S&S + express.

What’s the plan for express holders after they complete all houses? Kick them out? Resubmit for houses? What about right at close when houses have no waits?

Also, how will the zones be mitigated? I’m assuming they’re not going to let you hang out in zones and people watch this year.
Last year on the final Wednesday of September I got through 14 houses, AoV, all the scarezones, and lagoon show twice without Express or anything else other than an entrance ticket. It's all about time management.

Last year on the final Wednesday of September I got through 14 houses, AoV, all the scarezones, and lagoon show twice without Express or anything else other than an entrance ticket. It's all about time management.
Well, time management and overall attendance. Only one those you have control over.

The question this year is, “Will there be any sort of house standby?”

i’m still taking the commercial speculation with a grain of salt, and i understand that hill house is almost two years old, but i find it interesting that they’re allegedly using one of the show’s biggest spoilers as a major marketing tactic

Reactions: londonwerecat
i’m still taking the commercial speculation with a grain of salt, and i understand that hill house is almost two years old, but i find it interesting that they’re allegedly using one of the show’s biggest spoilers as a major marketing tactic
Bent neck lady isn’t a spoiler. It’s who the bent neck lady is that is the spoiler. Without that most people would assume she’s just a average ghost.

I’m more shocked we heard about bent neck lady before Beetlejuice. Maybe they will add billie eilish music to the ad as well?

Last edited:
Since an icons house or other sort of appearance from them is basically confirmed at this point (they’re shooting commercials featuring the icons, I’d assume they’d have a role in this event), what characters do you all think will be featured? We know the commercial features Jack, Usher, Cindy, Eddie and Chance. I’m assuming they’ll also include the Terra Queen and also the Storyteller to bring Terra back.

Sorry if this has been answered in here before, but when did we hear that they were filming this TV spot?

Well, time management and overall attendance. Only one those you have control over.

The question this year is, “Will there be any sort of house standby?”
Very true - but on the busiest night of the year last year (Fri, Nov 1), I still got through every single house without Express (no repeats and no AoV). So I'm confident in saying I will always get through all 10 houses in a normal year with nothing but a regular HHN ticket. Obviously, this year could be wildly different so I'm making zero predictions on that one.

Reactions: shadowrama
Sorry if this has been answered in here before, but when did we hear that they were filming this TV spot?

Here:

Believe me or don’t... it will come out soon enough and you all will see I’m accurate.
Today the HHN 30 tv spot started filming in the sound stages. Following information is from someone I know who was on set today helping with production.
1. Don’t know exactly if it’s the main commercial, however seems to be.
2. Setting is jack walking slowly down a hallway in a prison/jail. Talking about how he escaped from the box. (Which personally I think is starting to be over used)
3. Icons/ old HHN characters walking behind him later on.
4. the “bent neck lady” was apart of today’s production but was shot separately.
5. jack is in his 25 outfit but with a little revamping/ new things.
6. other icons that were seen were the usher, Cindy, eddie and chance.
7. production is supposed to go until Wednesday.
8.Jack did lots of different takes saying different things. He did mention something along the Lines of “Aw social distancing” (personally don’t think that’ll end up getting used)
9. He has a victim that is a guard. It seems very very similar to the shadybrook spot during 16. But again time will tell with this. But my friend gave me all of this information in detail.

FWIW I got independent confirmation they were also filming last night but no details, so I believe this is legit.

True - but on the busiest night of the year last year (Fri, Nov 1), I still got through every single house without Express (no repeats and no AoV). So I'm confident in saying I will always get through all 10 houses in a normal year with nothing but a regular HHN ticket. Obviously, this year could be wildly different so I'm making zero predictions on that one.
We've always managed to get through all houses without express the last 6 years we've gone and have attempted it. Some nights are easier than others, obviously, but it's been do-able (in large part due to fellow HHN fans on the forums, so thanks y'all)!
That said, we've already decided that we're going to do Express this year should we be able to go. Our honeymoon cruise was just cancelled and we're holding out hope for a fun HHN. Particularly excited for Beetlejuice and Eilish, and my husband is crossing his fingers for Tooth Fairy since he was bummed it was scrapped last go around.

We've always managed to get through all houses without express the last 6 years we've gone and have attempted it. Some nights are easier than others, obviously, but it's been do-able (in large part due to fellow HHN fans on the forums, so thanks y'all)!
That said, we've already decided that we're going to do Express this year should we be able to go. Our honeymoon cruise was just cancelled and we're holding out hope for a fun HHN. Particularly excited for Beetlejuice and Eilish, and my husband is crossing his fingers for Tooth Fairy since he was bummed it was scrapped last go around.
All this is true. Some nights are definitely easier than others, but if you're there an hour early, you have the right course mapped out, and you're willing to stay that "extra" hour past close, it's virtually impossible to not get all the houses done if that's what your goal is. But I agree, if there was a year to do Express, this would be it since we have very little idea how it's all going to work unfortunately (other than the info that @Legacy has provided). I'm still considering it until we get more info. I'm still on the fence about BOGO too - I think I'll hold out for FFP or FPP since it seems to be viable in UK. But we have a month to decide that still. Problem for Express with me is that we always go in a "relatively" large group (5-8 people depending on schedules), so I'd have to convince them ALL to buy Express this year when we've never had to in previous years. I guess we'll see soon enough.

Reactions: Daza and rinacee
He should be very excited about Tooth Fairy.

There’s a reason it came back when, typically, scrapped houses stay scrapped.

They may actually be filming, but I am unsure if it's a good idea to set the commercial in a prison, given one of the topics of the recent protests is prison reform

Status
Not open for further replies.