The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 455 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my take on express.. Many people push this argument with the normal day to day experience... Without express, stand-by will move much faster then normal, there will be no more pauses to let the express clear out... For those who normally opt to add express to your tickets and only do one night... IF VIP IS AVAILABLE SPEND THE EXTRA $$ and DO THE TOUR! It is worth it. if express is not available with FF or FFP yeah that will be a bummer for the every night crews out there, but you will have more nights with less people. Crowd wise it will feel nostalgic to the old school non-peak nights. If they are capping the attendance at 30% or even 50% things should be smooth(ish.) As of NOW the event is a GO! So chalk that up as a big WIN... will the experience be different sure... will ticket options be different then normal... probably. We are getting our precious HHN and we need to appreciate that to the fullest, as many other haunts around the world are not happening.

Rant over, pleare return to the regularly scheduled speculation... or lack there of. :0)

Reactions: Santi_Coasters
Is there talk of zones being completely scrapped?

I’ve had this thought myself but think about it, and think about what Legacy already said earlier.

“They want you to get in, see the houses, and leave.”

Shows are on the outs it seems so they’re curbing anything that may keep people stationary on the outside of the lines / houses.

And people love to stand around and take photos in the zones.

BOGO tickets say blockout dates and restrictions apply but I couldn't find what those were? Does anyone have info on this and I apologize in advance if this has been talked about

Even with the house queues there are issues. The routes require switch backs in close proximity to other guests. Additionally, houses share exits. This means even longer routes to/from houses, intense patrolling by Ops, and/or allowing guests to come in contact with one another. Man, Universal’s just begging for negative press this year.

• Angry
Reactions: DisneyFanKevin
Even with the house queues there are issues. The routes require switch backs in close proximity to other guests. Additionally, houses share exits. This means even longer routes to/from houses, intense patrolling by Ops, and/or allowing guests to come in contact with one another. Man, Universal’s just begging for negative press this year.
The switchbacks will still be socially distanced, there was some visual for it somewhere but I couldn’t find it. And I’m sure they’ll rework the two ET queues so they don’t exit at the same place. This are all very minor inconveniences, I doubt negative press will come from it. If anything, praise that Uni is taking actual precautions

Let’s face it, they’re doing HHN still for financial reasons. As optimistic I want to be, I’m going to be realistic and I understand that there’s a chance of things not going smooth at HHN this year. It’s a challenge Universal have never faced before and it seems like they still don’t understand that HHN is a beast when it comes to crowds. Doesn’t matter if they let in 30%, 35%, 40%, etc capacity in, it’s still going to have it’s challenges. Yeah, Universal is pretty empty and running pretty good now but HHN is a different story....

Reactions: londonwerecat
Fair criticism.

Without going too much into the details of what I heard (at my source’s request), I wouldn’t expect the streets to be anything close to a normal year. A lot is still in flux.
I wonder if they'll have decorated/themed "cool spots" where guests can relax at a distance and remove their masks kind of like what they have now at Universal. No scare actors or anything - just some really cool themed decor where the scare zones used to be (at least on the outskirts) where some guests can wait in-between going into houses?

Does anyone think with lines possibly being longer due to pulsing that we could actually see them extend the hours a bit? Maybe add an hour to each night?

Let’s face it, they’re doing HHN still for financial reasons. As optimistic I want to be, I’m going to be realistic and I understand that there’s a chance of things not going smooth at HHN this year. It’s a challenge Universal have never faced before and it seems like they still don’t understand that HHN is a beast when it comes to crowds. Doesn’t matter if they let in 30%, 35%, 40%, etc capacity in, it’s still going to have it’s challenges. Yeah, Universal is pretty empty and running pretty good now but HHN is a different story....

Yeah, I’ve accepted it as a late stage capitalism move that risks people’s safety for profit. I’m also bummed show directors have been laid off in the midst of all this, yet they’re still plowing full steam ahead to figure out how to have an event, even with many concessions to its design.

To me, there’s going to be a major issue. Whether it’s backstage with break space, tag outs, or clock in stations; or front of house with queues and crowding. It’s going to be impossible to avoid calamity no matter how on top of this Universal is.

What’s their plan for house exits? They funnel the Sprungs, Parades, and SS out the same exits. Even MIB funnels right out into a bottle necked area. Im expecting the same from La Bomba. 30% capacity can still cause congestion in certain areas of the park. We’ll go from Ops yelling in the houses to keep it moving to having them out in the streets too!

Reactions: londonwerecat
Status
Not open for further replies.