The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 129 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been sick, but back. Saw that @Legacy intimated that we were close on the American Pie clue, so I'm gonna pick up the breadcrumbs and take a weird stab at it.

The last few posts have been about "The Day the Music Died". The two most likely clues would be 2/3/1959 or Clear Lake, Iowa. If it was a house, it would definitely be the date, but it's "L", so I'm gonna go with the location as the clue.

Looking up Clear Lake, Iowa and horror, I came across this article about a haunted house: If you dare, we will scare: Clear Lake haunted hike opens Friday (with photos)

There's a lot of potential info to unpack in this article if this is where the clue was to lead. A number of top end IP houses, but that seems too obvious and too much dart-throwing. For me and my weird guess, it's in the name...D and D Ranch Haunted Hike. D&D, as in Dungeons & Dragons, though not necessarily a typical horror property, certainly has some scary elements to it when you think of dragons, orcs, goblins, trolls, etc.

So, for my guess on this one, is that a Dungeons & Dragons Logo is the clue here. This is probably way off the mark, but since we don't know what "L" is and we don't have a shortcut yet, it's tough to know which direction to go.

Last edited:
I could only see them doing the tv show with some parts from the movie in Orlando's way which would be cool to see, I loved Hollywood's version but would love to see how Orlando would tackle it, I could not see them really doing part 2 nor other parts of Creepshow that involve King's story, only Romero's parts of the film.

Yeah it's just a bit of a slowburn for now and eventually we'll get something, I just really wanna know more insight while HHN is on the backburner on when they'll give some insight on the Universal Monsters section at Epic Universe, of course they will not use HHN's version of the Monsters but it would be terrifying if they did used them for that section of the park.

Been sick, but back. Saw that @Legacy intimated that we were close on the American Pie clue, so I'm gonna pick up the breadcrumbs and take a weird stab at it.

The last few posts have been about "The Day the Music Died". The two most likely clues would be 2/3/1959 or Clear Lake, Iowa. If it was a house, it would definitely be the date, but it's "L", so I'm gonna go with the location as the clue.

Looking up Clear Lake, Iowa and horror, I came across this article about a haunted house: If you dare, we will scare: Clear Lake haunted hike opens Friday (with photos)

There's a lot of potential info to unpack in this article if this is where the clue was to lead. A number of top end IP houses, but that seems too obvious and too much dart-throwing. For me and my weird guess, it's in the name...D and D Ranch Haunted Hike. D&D, as in Dungeons & Dragons, though not necessarily a typical horror property, certainly has some scary elements to it when you think of dragons, orcs, goblins, trolls, etc.

So, for my guess on this one, is that a Dungeons & Dragons Logo is the clue here. This is probably way off the mark, but since we don't know what "L" is and we don't have a shortcut yet, it's tough to know which direction to go.
Glad to see you’re feeling better.

Regarding what “L” is, think about what “H” and “Z.” They’re (obviously) “house” and “zone,” meaning the letter relates what the clue is for. So, in that context, think about what rumors I could be hearing this early. I’ve heard houses and zones, of course. But I’ve also heard about Shows (the Eilish clue was S), and other things.

I said Pie was both too easy and too hard. Someone is going to be in the right frame of mind and glance at the right thing, and it’ll all click.

Reactions: Kadath
I'm not going to lie, I'm slightly worried about the exponential increase in HHN speculation threads. It's unsustainable.
I recommended not opening speculation until January....

Really, I think this year is a bit of a one off because it’s an anniversary. People already have a lot of wishful speculation about what this year will have. Even last year, people had two-three originals they expect to see at 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.