The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 143 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So. Are we getting TWD since Hollywood apparently is? A bit more attention-worthy than some guy named Joe.

Is the first Rick Grimes movie even coming out this year?

I believe we're looking too far into that statement. TWDA will just reopen during HHN.

And yes, the Joe stuff needs to get dropped pronto.

Last edited:
Construction on what? Rumors indicated that there was no plans for the space for the time being. They'll just leave most of the walk-through as is, with maybe a few tweaks come HHN season.
I thought the whole area was getting reimagined to accommodate the new secret life of pets ride.

Yikes, I disappear for a few days and it melts down.

So Stranger Things for HHN30, huh?

Whooooooooo knows. A teaser coming out doesn't necessarily mean they'll be able to show an actual preview scene in a house--keep in mind that the first teaser for ST3 came out an entire year beforehand. Filming of ST4 wraps in August, IIRC.

If it happens, I see it sharing SS24 with an original, just like WD5.

Hopefully no Ghostbusters, at least.

Last edited:
I am not seeing ST4 happening this year, trust me, I mean they are not gonna make an original house for the series, they pretty much did everything for our ST2, was it rushed a bit? Yes but they managed to put both seasons in one house and the ending of Season 3 with The Demogorgon, if anything they might just save it for next year. As for Ghostbusters, I think they just wanted the original GB film, I never expected the new film or GB 2 to be used or ever happen at the event, I think they just wanted to bring Ghostbusters, I think they missed out bringing in Day Of The Dead which came out the same year that ST takes place in Season 3, 1985, I thought they would bring it to the event, much as they did with Poltergeist back at 2018 since it was mentioned in ST season 1, I thought that would have been cool but we got Ghostbusters which was still cool.

I am not seeing ST4 happening this year, trust me, I mean they are not gonna make an original house for the series, they pretty much did everything for our ST2, was it rushed a bit? Yes but they managed to put both seasons in one house and the ending of Season 3 with The Demogorgon, if anything they might just save it for next year. As for Ghostbusters, I think they just wanted the original GB film, I never expected the new film or GB 2 to be used or ever happen at the event, I think they just wanted to bring Ghostbusters, I think they missed out bringing in Day Of The Dead which came out the same year that ST takes place in Season 3, 1985, I thought they would bring it to the event, much as they did with Poltergeist back at 2018 since it was mentioned in ST season 1, I thought that would have been cool but we got Ghostbusters which was still cool.
As much as I enjoy ST and did really enjoy the houses both years, I am totally fine if they give it a year off from the event, the fatigue is already there and we've seen how people are responding to TWD.

Reactions: Pedro Navarro
Whooooooooo knows. A teaser coming out doesn't necessarily mean they'll be able to show an actual preview scene in a house--keep in mind that the first teaser for ST3 came out an entire year beforehand. Filming of ST4 wraps in August, IIRC.

If it happens, I see it sharing SS24 with an original, just like WD5.

Hopefully no Ghostbusters, at least.
My initial post was meant as a joke, but I honestly wouldn't hate to see it back, with maybe just Season 3. The S3 portion of the house felt super rushed to me - I'd love to see them expand upon Starcourt Mall and the underground bunker. I know a lot of people dislike having ST at the event, but I have zero problem with a crowd eater like ST being there.

Also helps that I love ST too, lol.

My initial post was meant as a joke, but I honestly wouldn't hate to see it back, with maybe just Season 3. The S3 portion of the house felt super rushed to me - I'd love to see them expand upon Starcourt Mall and the underground bunker. I know a lot of people dislike having ST at the event, but I have zero problem with a crowd eater like ST being there.

Also helps that I love ST too, lol.
I definitely feel they have a enough content from S3 to do a solely S3 house. I felt they didn't use a lot of content that would have made the house feel more rounded out and provide an over-all more satisfying experience for the guests. I'm curious if they try and get more uses out of the Mindflayer puppet. I'd be happy with a house that's only a single season like at 28, it requires less people to be cast which hopefully means less static figures, plus then you have time to really take everything in. The scenes changed so fast in the house at 29 it made my head spin my first 2 walkthroughs, took me a 3rd time going through to finally really enjoy it.

So I don’t think we will get a house based on the walking dead this year how ever if the rick movie is popular then I do think a scarezone is certainly a possibility

Reactions: Kadath
So I don’t think we will get a house based on the walking dead this year how ever if the rick movie is popular then I do think a scarezone is certainly a possibility

Hollywood I think will only be using the Attraction for HHN I think that's what they were mentioned but it is true that Attraction is counted as an HHN Maze so I'm sure the general thought they had was to close it now, open it up as one of the mazes for HHN again, so technically yeah that sorta counts as one of the obvious announcement because it's there and it's understandable that they would utilize it over. As for over here I don't think Universal would take the chance of bringing the TWD, they had multiple chances to use characters from the show but only used them when they died on the show. Now if they bring it somewhere down the line and based on the films, if they use the actual character's I would be a little more open to the idea of it coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.