The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 170 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope.

I think I figured out a good shortcut for it though-

“Lead”

I'm no good at going down the rabbit hole to decipher clues, but based off the comic I have two ways to interpret this shortcut. Since the comic is about a character pushing a door that says pull, why don't we do the opposite of this clue.

Instead of "leading", should we be "following"? Or, instead of "lead" do we mirror it with "deal"?

Someone run with these ideas and see if there's anything that comes from it.

I'm no good at going down the rabbit hole to decipher clues, but based off the comic I have two ways to interpret this shortcut. Since the comic is about a character pushing a door that says pull, why don't we do the opposite of this clue.

Instead of "leading", should we be "following"? Or, instead of "lead" do we mirror it with "deal"?

Deal.

Deal or No Deal.

Howie Mandel.

Little Monsters maze confirmed.

*drops mic*

Only lead shortcut I can think of for this is the other cartoon on the site linked to the original image. It’s dogs waltzing in which is dancing where someone leads. I can’t figure out when that cartoon was published though.

Ok so I had one theory that isn't very likely but I thought it might help some people or is at least interesting to talk about.
When I saw the clue was a school with a man that can't come in in combination with the word Lead I kind of thought about Nightmare on Elm Street. Here is the reason why. I would see the door as an entry to the dream realm of Freedy which no one can really open by itself but needs a lead from Freddy. Besights that before Freddy became Freedy he worked in a school. I know not the best theory and not as well planed as others but I would guess Nightmare on Elm Street

Okay, how about this?

Midvale School for the Gifted is also an episode title of a show called WTFiWWY
The show started October 14, 2010, the same day a movie called The Shrine came out
The lead actor is Aaron Ashmore who stars in Locke & Key.
I think this was shot down earlier if I remember, but maybe some piece of this might be a step in the right direction.

Reactions: DannyPowers
When I first saw that it was the "e" sound for "Lead" I had two thoughts:
The old saying of "You can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink" Could be an interpretation of that comic where it's a kid being shown how to open a door, but not being able to open it.
Also: It could be "Leeds" England. Some notable names from England are: Tolkein (Ah yes, a LOTR house)and Gemma Whelan (GoT and I feel like some horror movie as Whelan as a company?),

EDIT:
Turns out it's Alien with Weyland .... so Alien house??

I honestly think you're onto something here, but I'm not smart enough to pull anything from it.

Reactions: Kadath
The old saying of "You can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink" Could be an interpretation of that comic where it's a kid being shown how to open a door, but not being able to open it.
Also: It could be "Leeds" England. Some notable names from England are: Tolkein (Ah yes, a LOTR house)and Gemma Whelan (GoT and I feel like some horror movie as Whelan as a company?),

EDIT:
Another look lead me to “The Hunt”. The move should have been out last year but it was pulled due to a shooting. “Pull” lead me to this at the door says “pull”. “Lead” can related to this as it being pulled was the headliner or “lead” to articles. I couldn’t put a date\location to this though.

I've never made any guesses before, but the collection that this Far Side comic is in has a foreword (or lead) by Stephen King. So a Stephen King property?

EDIT:

Alien is a Fox property. Ain’t happening.

I know it's a bit early, but this could be our first rumor for one of the originals.

If so, jumping onto the Alien line of thinking, I could see a return to the "Invasion" idea.
I'd love a cheesy B-movie Invasion house.

Also, I hate to bring this up again. But..

The Last of Us is getting an HBO series from the team that made Chernobyl. I think this could potentially increase the chance that we could possibly see it pop up this year.

I know it's a bit early, but this could be our first rumor for one of the originals.

If so, jumping onto the Alien line of thinking, I could see a return to the "Invasion" idea.
That's assuming it has anything to do with extra terrestrials. And I've already given clues for returning originals. Nor am I being cheeky with alternate spellings on this clue.

That said, I stated previously no one had figured out the part of the clue that matters. That means the fact that it's a Far Side comic strip has nothing to do with it. "Midvale" has nothing to do with it. Any logic that starts with those two observations is wrong. And not all of my house clues have included dates (such as the Bride clue).

I adore Far Side. I grew up owning six of its anthologies and reread them all regularly. That said--remember--I start with the rumor. Once I figured out the swerves and connections I wanted in this clue, this specific comic because the obvious way to present it.

Last edited:
I know this is unlikely because it would be too easy but I can’t stop thinking about it, but with the clue being a comic makes me think Creepshow, since it’s also a comic as well.

Ok, taking that all into account, here goes incorrect guess #2...

-School of the Gifted
-Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters
-Xavier Burgin directed (LEAD) Horror Noire which is a doc on Black Horror Movies and black characters place in the horror genre
-This movie is also the first (LEAD) original documentary to be on Shudder
-Given the combo with Jordan Peele last year for 29, and Peele is interviewed for this doc, as well as actor Tony Todd, my guess is...

Candyman

So I fell down a rabbit hole with this cartoon clue, but ultimately it lead me to something that another clue already pointed to. So it has any pertinence to this clue.. BUT, I will go over my thinking and maybe @Legacy can advise is ANY of this is in the right direction...

So, the cartoon was drawn by Gary Larson. The actual cartoon is just signed "Larson." When I googled horror+larson the name Ryan Larson kept popping up. He is the founder of Ghastly Grinning, which is a site for horror news and reviews.

The first direction this took me was an interview he did explaining his origin story with horror. It started with Jaws, but then also included how he really became interested with horror when his mom bought him the Uncanny X-Men number 159. This issue is X-Men vs. Dracula. This is what got me pointed into the direction of the UCM again, which ultimately that clue was figured out to be the Bride of Frankenstein or Brides of UCM (cant remember exactly). So i stopped with that rationale.

This then got me thinking about one of my all time favorite "Are you Afraid of the Dark?" eposides, "The Tale of the Ghastly Grinner." With the new season that came out last year, maybe an "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" maze is somehow possible?

EDIT: If this is in the slightest bit possible, it better be based on the original series and not the current re-make :surprised:

Last edited:
Ok, taking that all into account, here goes incorrect guess #2...

-School of the Gifted
-Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters
-Xavier Burgin directed (LEAD) Horror Noire which is a doc on Black Horror Movies and black characters place in the horror genre
-This movie is also the first (LEAD) original documentary to be on Shudder
-Given the combo with Jordan Peele last year for 29, and Peele is interviewed for this doc, as well as actor Tony Todd, my guess is...

Candyman
I should have clarified. "Midvale" not applying encompassed, "School for the Gifted."

That's assuming it has anything to do with extra terrestrials. And I've already given clues for returning originals. Nor am I being cheeky with alternate spellings on this clue.

That said, I stated previously no one had figured out the part of the clue that matters. That means the fact that it's a Far Side comic strip has nothing to do with it. "Midvale" has nothing to do with it. Any logic that starts with those two observations is wrong. And not all of my house clues have included dates (such as the Bride clue).

I adore Far Side. I grew up owning six of its anthologies and reread them all regularly. That said--remember--I start with the rumor. Once I figured out the swerves and connections I wanted in this clue, this specific comic because the obvious way to present it.
Going off this I’m going to say the clue is for Candyman. If the clue has nothing to do with “Midvale” and Far Side as @Legacy said. The school may be what we need to look at. Looking at the school and the boy trying to get in leads me to Candyman And The IP will probably be the “lead” IP.

Reactions: Jaden
Status
Not open for further replies.