The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 311 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of the six IPs in the TPU article, which do we think is most likely to NOT happen? (I'm bored dammit.)
I’m going with TCM. Invisible man was Atleast recent and popular when it released plus the fact blumhouse has worked with hhn before I see it as a possibility. Not saying it would be good house just that it seems more likely then a property that was just used 4 years ago and while I didn’t get to experience it I don’t see a lot of praise for it

I have to say I don’t really understand the “we can’t have TCM we had it 4 years ago mindset”. We had Halloween 24, 26, 28
I think people are more acceptable to Halloween because of Michael Myers. He is iconic and while TCM is a classic, there’s only so much to work with and it doesn’t have as many films or appeal (which I mean lightly) as Halloween does. With the new films and the other 5 films they have yet to make a house for, Myers is a cash cow.

Reactions: randomguesser
I think people are more acceptable to Halloween because of Michael Myers. He is iconic and while TCM is a classic, there’s only so much to work with and it doesn’t have as many films or appeal (which I mean lightly) as Halloween does. With the new films and the other 5 films they have yet to make a house for, Myers is a cash cow.
(Both are one note)

(Both are one note)
I wouldn't necessarily say that Halloween & H2 may be the same premise, the show scenes were vastly different, and you'll get a different experience since it's a different movie, and there are many approaches to it. People love Halloween regardless, so I don't think people mind it much if it's sort of the same concept.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
I think its a little odd that a lot of people don't see TCM as much of a possibility when last time there was an anniversary there was a near copy and paste of AWiL, a much less versatile property.
I forgot all about AVP; I think that only happened because people loved the first, like with AWWIL???? I didn't go that year...

With the new films and the other 5 films they have yet to make a house for, Myers is a cash cow.

Having seen all the Halloween films so far...I'd rather they not. It's been diminishing returns with the Halloween houses, and changes in setting/approach isn't helping all that much.

For me, Halloween and TCM are in the same bunch when it comes to converting to houses. You can definitely do houses of the first couple films and maybe one of the remakes, but after that things are going to get real derivative, real fast. They have nothing like a Jason X which is so different compared to the others in it's series that you totally could make a house on that without worry. (An seriously, I'd LOVE a Jason X house cuz that film is fun as heck.)

Terrific facade, but so much missed potential in terms of creativity--no Snow Queen? No air blasts in the Little Miss Muffet room to simulate spiders crawling all over you? Humpty Dumpty would've been a great opportunity for the steep gorge trick.

And yeah, way too much of it felt played for laughs.
the biggest scare i got through the whole event was actually walking through those damn spider webs. my god, i was ready to BOLT out of that scene because it felt so real.

Having seen all the Halloween films so far...I'd rather they not. It's been diminishing returns with the Halloween houses, and changes in setting/approach isn't helping all that much.

For me, Halloween and TCM are in the same bunch when it comes to converting to houses. You can definitely do houses of the first couple films and maybe one of the remakes, but after that things are going to get real derivative, real fast. They have nothing like a Jason X which is so different compared to the others in it's series that you totally could make a house on that without worry. (An seriously, I'd LOVE a Jason X house cuz that film is fun as heck.)
I agree with you, but I feel if they ever needed to bring in crowds, they would do another Halloween house since HHN is a business and they still have rights to some of the Halloween properties.

Of the six IPs in the TPU article, which do we think is most likely to NOT happen? (I'm bored dammit.)
Me too!

Invisible Man. I'm sorry, I couldn't see that work as a house. Maybe he will make an appearance in the Bride house!

Texas Chainsaw Massacre is also kinda stretching it, but then again, they've done it before and since it's an anniversary year they may bring a past house back.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre seems like an odd choice, personally. They've done both the original and remake as houses before and from I gleam in this topic there's rights issues with regards to Part 2? Outside of those three films I can't really see many people clamoring for a house based on any other film in the franchise. Outside of American Werewolf in London, which was half a decade ago, how likely is a mirroring of an entire house now?

Maybe it would be an original/best of Leatherface type house? That would be my guess if it was actually coming. We're three years out from the last film in the franchise which received 'mixed' reviews at best so just strikes me as a really weird choice for this event.

Just imagine a Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The New Generation house lol

Every E-prompt is the incoherent sound Matthew McConaughey made when he jumps onto a car.*

Ronanoke's "MEAT" would be proud.

*I also regret to inform you that (save for a truly random as all heck death at the end) the rest of the film is nowhere near as entertaining as this.

Every E-prompt is the incoherent sound Matthew McConaughey made when he jumps onto a car.*

Ronanoke's "MEAT" would be proud.

*I also regret to inform you that (save for a truly random as all heck death at the end) the rest of the film is nowhere near as entertaining as this.

That is honestly the best second in the entire film and I praise you for mentioning it.

Status
Not open for further replies.