The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 498 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how they can plan for a specific capacity while allowing All hotel guests Guaranteed entry? They must have a pretty decent idea of how many hotel guests go to HHN, but not sure how they can correlate that to THIS year?

I wonder how they can plan for a specific capacity while allowing All hotel guests Guaranteed entry? They must have a pretty decent idea of how many hotel guests go to HHN, but not sure how they can correlate that to THIS year?

I’m sure they have their ways. I would think they’d aim a little lower on the capacity just to be safe.

I’m interested to see what cancellation would look like for people who balk at go-time if COVID is still going strong in Florida. Normally there’s no refund if you cancel (unless the event itself was cancelled), but I’ll be interested to see what they say for this year.

Reactions: londonwerecat
Well I caved in before the promo ends. Bought my ticket. Plane booked, just need to get a hotel or airbnb now. Hoping for some announcements soon

Reactions: rinacee
My trigger finger is itching right now, I'm about ready to just buy the BOGO but I wanna see if they have FF, such a risk uurrghh my head hurts

When I purchased the passholder vacation package, I was assured that I could call back and upgrade my ticket if they release them this year.

The "if" comes from me and not the team member. I don't want that to spiral into a confirmation that they won't have it.

One thing that I think really hasn’t been discussed is how the houses will be affected by COVID. Plexiglass, no close scareactors, scareactor face masks?

My thought is more show scenes like Dana getting pulled into the chair and Gozer from Ghostbusters last year. Maybe more puppets? Peppers ghost effects. Maybe some regional haunt style hydraulic scares?

Yeah you have a point. Maybe only one room will be open since it’s probably going to be what’s on the website? Who knows, just have to wait till Friday and find out.

That wouldn't make sense considering they've always flowed it through as a one way. Unless they tarped off the other rooms.

Let’s think logically about this.

They’ve already released some merch for this year that hasn’t revealed anything about what’s coming to this year’s event. That means, merch-wise, they can sell stuff in the parks without announcing anything. They would just stock new merch the night after stuff is announced.

Now, the Tribute typically has sections themed to specific things that are featured at that year’s event. One, it doesn’t have to have that. It could be somewhat generic sections more like the Mardi Gras store. If it does feature IPs, it won’t likely feature ALL the IPs. That means Universal would only have to announce the specific IPs featured in the store.

LMAO I’m not trying to read “between the lines“... . In the past years when the tribute store opens, the whole event is already announced and it has all the merch in there.
look, im sorry if I offended or upset you. Im just trying to make sure that we dont go down the previous routes that we have gone.

"oh, does this mean that its confirmed that we will get announcements on Friday?" You need to realise that a lot of media outlets such as instagram pages watch the forum. We have a sort of obligation not to let false rumours out of hand. Granted that is a logical conclusion to having the store open, its better that we dont say it out loud, because some people might latch on to it as an actual rumour.

Nothing is confirmed until it is.

Reactions: ModDesigner23
So should tonight at midnight be the time where we abuse the refresh button on the website? I know it’s not a normal year, but if it was, would the site change at midnight or just sometime during the actual day?

Reactions: londonwerecat
So should tonight at midnight be the time where we abuse the refresh button on the website? I know it’s not a normal year, but if it was, would the site change at midnight or just sometime during the actual day?
The days of midnight drops seem to be over with HHN unfortunately. If I recall correctly, most announcements last year were around 11 AM - noon.

Status
Not open for further replies.