The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 506 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anything new and solid that suggests the event is being cancelled? Did something switch in the last two days? Again this is a fluid year, and can it be cancelled, of course. I just don’t understand how we went from oh my gosh an announcement is coming, and yes I was a part of that crowd, ha, to oh my gosh its getting cancelled in one night. I’m so sick of the twitter crap that’s getting spread around. It’s out of hand this year.
with the lack of ticket options today and the talk of IPs getting pulled, it makes me thing that a cancellation may happen. I honestly would be just devastated if the event was cancelled, so it makes me very angry that Universal can’t make a definitive statement even if it is just”we’re still considering it”. If it is getting cancelled, announce it now and get it over with

Guys... we have asked you, again and again, to stop debating cancellation. There is no hard info. Officially, the event is still happening. Evidence is hearsay at this point. Declaring if you think it will be canceled or not based on an echo chamber tweet is not going to be productive.

Guys, calm down, everyone is being very very out of control, we don't know what is going on, I'm sure they don't either, this stuff is not just done overnight, please do not stress over this, there are many things more important to worry about, I love the event and hope it goes on too, but right now, going back and forth between the event is happening and not happening is getting out of hand and still is, so please just stop and hang on, hopefully, we'll get something but not immediately as we want it to. All good things come to those who wait.

Guys... we have asked you, again and again, to stop debating cancellation. There is no hard info. Officially, the event is still happening. Evidence is hearsay at this point. Declaring if you think it will be canceled or not based on an echo chamber tweet is not going to be productive.
Thank you and you worded it better, but this what I was trying to get across. The cancellation posts are driving me crazy. It’s useless. It’s on unless we hear officially otherwise.

Didn't someone today say earlier that single night tickets were being sold but only over the phone? why would they even sell those if they intended to cancel?
I believe it was being mentioned that one night tickets were being sold along with BOGOs yesterday. There was an $85 BOGO and then $85 single night flex, I remember finding it funny when I saw it, like, why bother?

Reactions: truejonas
Can I just point out that just because he posted Red Flag last night, and Prepare for Disappointment tonight, doesn't mean the event is cancelled. It could just be due to the rumors of Netflix or Billie or other IPs wanting to pull out. Maybe we lost one or two. Maybe we didn't. We simply don't know. Too many of these kids just love the drama.

And to OhHaiInternet95 how many times have Brian and others told you to knock off the chicken little/the sky is falling stupidity? You not only have this year cancelled but 2021 too. It's asinine.

We don’t know what’s happening. That’s it. Stop running to each end of the spectrum with every little change. Now let’s please drop this. There’s nothing to speculate right now, so let’s not post right now. Silence is better than chaos

Can I just point out that just because he posted Red Flag last night, and Prepare for Disappointment tonight, doesn't mean the event is cancelled. It could just be due to the rumors of Netflix or Billie or other IPs wanting to pull out. Maybe we lost one or two. Maybe we didn't. We simply don't know. Too many of these kids just love the drama.

And to OhHaiInternet95 how many times have Brian and others told you to knock off the chicken little/the sky is falling stupidity? You not only have this year cancelled but 2021 too. It's asinine.
Yeah, tbh I read Prepare for Disappointment as "stop expecting there to be an announcement in the immediate future", but its vague enough that it could be taken a few ways.

You can buy single night tickets on phone supposedly. For all we know there might not be anything other then single night tickets this year (are trying to keep down crowds) MIB facade had visible construction yesterday and I’m sure today as well. Lighting is starting to go up on streets. Don’t believe everything on twitter especially when there’s more evidence showing a event is happening then it being canceled lol

You can buy single night tickets on phone supposedly. For all we know there might not be anything other then single night tickets this year (are trying to keep down crowds) MIB facade had visible construction yesterday and I’m sure today as well. Lighting is starting to go up on streets. Don’t believe everything on twitter especially when there’s more evidence showing a event is happening then it being canceled lol
My bet is that some wires got crossed and somewhere down the line a message about Hollywood getting officially cancelled morphed into orlando, but who knows.

Actually, this would be a really clever way to get announcements about the event out to the fan community while avoiding the attention from a skeptical national media that a series of traditional announcements would bring.
Yes it would be clever, but I feel like it would do more bad than good. It can be argued that making the announcements in that fashion can come off as secretive. Like they know this is wrong, but they're still gonna go through with it. People on social media will immediately try to "cancel" Universal for hiding the event from the MSM.

The merch would make 0 sense, and I think they’d have a lot of angry customers
Who’s angry? The people buying the merch? They have nothing to be angry about, as they’re getting what they paid for. The merch. And if HHN gets canceled, there’s no HHN customers to be angry.

Besides, they’re already selling HHN merch and no one seems that upset about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.