The Purge: Dangerous Waters (HHN 2023) | Inside Universal Forums

The Purge: Dangerous Waters (HHN 2023)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Discuss

Located in the WaterWorld venue and features adrenaline-filled action sequences, stunts, spectacular lighting and laser effects, high fall fire burns, and massive explosions. Universal states the show will center around a politician and his entourage escaping to an island to avoid The Purge; but "Sanctuary is fleeting when the island is quickly overrun by Purgers and the hunt is on."

Sounds fun, I think WW at night is the best version

So I could see this being a show...I could end up seeing twice in a night

Very excited about the premise of this, but hearing some worrying things about its production. Sincerely hope they can pull it together.
This doesn't surprise me. It feels like it would be difficult to launch a new production in a space/venue that is uniquely calibrated/designed for a specific production. All the cues and technical specs are set up for the Waterworld show; I can't imagine it's easy to just put in another show without it essentially being a re-skin of the Waterworld show.

The potential for this is through the roof but my expectations are a bit tempered.

And if it's kinda lame, I won't fault USH at all. They had to do something. We'll just have to see.

From the lighting tests, it seems like the show would be following a multi-act structure from how scene changes occur with the lagoon getting dimmed.

Admittedly curious to see if this works or not, but either way I am not happy to see them being able to do something like this.

Any word on how many shows per night, and what times?

I saw Waterworld yesterday and it seemed to me that the fire effects had been turned up, possibly recently refurbished. I wonder if this show will be heavier on effects and lighter on stunts, aside from the fire dives (apparently more than 1?)

Any word on how many shows per night, and what times?

I saw Waterworld yesterday and it seemed to me that the fire effects had been turned up, possibly recently refurbished. I wonder if this show will be heavier on effects and lighter on stunts, aside from the fire dives (apparently more than 1?)

If I had to guess, 3 or 4 shows a night.

Thank god were getting a show and especially in the WW venue. Between this and Blumhouse it should thin out the crowd pretty good. Hopefully making wait times a little better.
I hope so....I really do.

However they could also be selling more ticket then ever. I have no info on this but I doubt USH would invest this much if they are only going to make around the same profits as years before.

Thank god were getting a show and especially in the WW venue. Between this and Blumhouse it should thin out the crowd pretty good. Hopefully making wait times a little better.
Although I’m sure they’re going to sell a little more tickets, I’m confident a show with double the capacity of Jaba and a second show that may *hopefully* run continuously should help with the crowd situation. Props to USH for adding more entertainment though!

I don’t think this show won’t help with capacity. If anything, I think USH sees this as opportunity to increase capacity. The insane crowds are here to stay.
Sadly, this is the way. More space equals more capacity. Every single time. I don't think it'll be necessarily more crowded than past years and I do think the lines for mazes nearby will thin by maybe 10-20 minutes during showtime, but overall it just means more people can come in, especially with Blumhouse involved as well.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Sadly, this is the way. More space equals more capacity. Every single time. I don't think it'll be necessarily more crowded than past years and I do think the lines for mazes nearby will thin by maybe 10-20 minutes during showtime, but overall it just means more people can come in, especially with Blumhouse involved as well.
Tbh part of me wonders if this was also an effort to drive more people to the front of the upper lot in general, more or less as long as I can remember, Parisian, WW Queue, and TWDA were some of the shortest queues of the night, even if it was a difference of 30 minutes there vs 90 everywhere else in the park. People leaving the show are more likely to make their next stop whatevers in the surrounding area, which just so happens to be those locations, minus WW of course.

Sadly I’m not going to be able to experience the show tonight. Because the event is closing at 1 instead of 2, I’ve had to split from my RIP group to speed things up and I had to chose between Blumhouse or Purge. Decided on Blumhouse so I’m for Blumhouse now. If the event was open another hour I wouldn’t have this problem but here we are.

But I’m curious to hear how the show is! Hopefully I’ll see it on on my next visit.

Sadly I’m not going to be able to experience the show tonight. Because the event is closing at 1 instead of 2, I’ve had to split from my RIP group to speed things up and I had to chose between Blumhouse or Purge. Decided on Blumhouse so I’m for Blumhouse now. If the event was open another hour I wouldn’t have this problem but here we are.

But I’m curious to hear how the show is! Hopefully I’ll see it on on my next visit.
How did that even happen? RIP shouldn't have to be making Sophie choices, everything should be down to a T with the itenerary. That sucks and I'd want to make my money back.