"The Repository" VR House | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

"The Repository" VR House

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's already so expensive
I respect your opinion, but in the grand scheme, HHN is/can be dirt cheap. Even with the price increases.

We were considering Express this year as a group, but that is too expensive, IMO.

This is perfect for our Parkscope Squad. We are not local, so we would have never gotten into Legendary Truth in its previous format. $50 is worth it to me for something exclusive, limited, no conga line, and most importantly, with a reservation. I think we are going to have a blast doing this house.

And believe me, I hate spending money.

ETA: Also important to note that this is not for everyone, and that is okay!

I'm on the fence as to whether this will be worth the $50 or not. VR can work pretty good but an hour for $50 seems a little steep. For me, it really all depends on how good the experience is, what that 60 minutes is made up of, and how well it is reviewed. If this was 2 years ago where FFP+Express passes were cheap, I probably would have done it without hesitation. Since I don't have Express this year, I see myself stretching more for the houses and only hitting 3-4 a night instead of 6-7.

I thought this was a joke when I first read it. Instead of a long awaited extreme real house we get a virtual experience that costs an extra $50? I'm sure the tech they are using is going to be cool but this pretty much goes against everything HHN stands for.
If some people are stoked for this good for them. I'll pass.
HHN 35 an all vr experience from home!

I'm sure the tech they are using is going to be cool but this pretty much goes against everything HHN stands for.
If some people are stoked for this good for them. I'll pass.
HHN 35 an all vr experience from home!
I think the thing some people are missing with this is they can map out a physical maze and actors in the VR "world" so that you can interact with the physical environment in a way that wouldn't be possible in a traditional house. It's most definitely something that couldn't be experienced at home.

It's an innovative idea but not one I like for HHN. Sure you can't experience it at home yet but why didn't they do an extreme house? I know they had some vr/projection thing Andy (hatetofly) experienced at some exclusive A&D meetup thing at the end of the event and he was glowing about it. I'm sure that's what they'll use here but a 50 price tag for a virtual scavenger hunt that's going to eat up an hour? I hope its a hit so it will eat up lines.

I respect your opinion, but in the grand scheme, HHN is/can be dirt cheap. Even with the price increases.

I definitely would not call the event dirt cheap.. It rings up easily for out of towners to a thousand dollars before you even buy tickets.

I understand why this type of attraction is an up charge, but I don't think that it belongs at HHN.

I'd pay that much to experience it at a local venue when that's the only costs. I already pay $30 for a local haunt. But I can see people being upset when they arrive at HHN and discover there's an attraction that..
A) Costs an additional $50 per person
And B) they need a reservation for.

I'm a little upset because I would love to enjoy every attraction at the event and this just doesn't sound practical. But even if it wasn't about the cost it's still frustrating that they're just going to try and squeeze more money out of us to experience the event. It's not the same as a souvenir or a behind the scenes exclusive that's overpriced. It's literally an attraction.

I definitely would not call the event dirt cheap.. It rings up easily for out of towners to a thousand dollars before you even buy tickets.

I understand why this type of attraction is an up charge, but I don't think that it belongs at HHN.

I'd pay that much to experience it at a local venue when that's the only costs. I already pay $30 for a local haunt. But I can see people being upset when they arrive at HHN and discover there's an attraction that..
A) Costs an additional $50 per person
And B) they need a reservation for.

I'm a little upset because I would love to enjoy every attraction at the event and this just doesn't sound practical. But even if it wasn't about the cost it's still frustrating that they're just going to try and squeeze more money out of us to experience the event. It's not the same as a souvenir or a behind the scenes exclusive that's overpriced. It's literally an attraction.
If you don't do this you still get 9 houses, 5 scare zones and 2 shows just like last year. Now had they converted the 9th house into this I would agree with you, but this does seem to truly be something extra. I'm not exactly happy about the price but I really don't see an alternative. If they didn't charge a reasonably high amount with the low throughput it would probably be next to impossible to get into.

Also HHN is a very inexpensive event to attend, a vacation to Orlando is not these are two very different things. Someone planning a vacation specifically for HHN will typically find the HHN tickets to be the least expensive element. Compared to all that $50 for an extra experience is a drop in the bucket. For a local spending a little over $100 to experience the event for a month and a half $50 seems like a lot more.

Thinking about this some more, is there any reason why this would only be offered during HHN? A virtual reality experience, be it a haunt or anything else, does not scream out limited time only during the HHN event.

Not trying to be a Debbie downer or anything, hopefully it will be really cool and I'll decide I have to try it. Secondly, yes I do think I would be more of the opinion that if I pay money for a hard ticket event for a park I already have an AP at, I would expect I can do any of the attractions that are housed within the event.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Ok first off acting like HHN is inexpensive to attend is pretty silly to me. It is far and away the most expensive scary Halloween park event in the country. I'm not saying one can't find value in it, just that the basic cost to entry is highest. Add to this the fact that every night is so crowded you almost need express or multiple nights to do it all everything goes up from there.

Now on the VR thing I don't think people really understand how good it is. It is something people have brushed of in the past when the tech wasn't there yet. Everyone is blown away when I show them various demos/games. Also this isn't going to have a high output. They probably can't do many people at once. At a minimum I would expect the gear per person being a custom variation of current tech to cost 10,000. Add to that the cost of making the experience, building the rooms, staffing the attraction and it's going to cost a lot per person. VR has not been built to a scale that would make the average cost low yet.

Reactions: Joel
It's only me and my gf, so an extra $100 won't kill me. But why would they start it on the third weekend? What about the people who are going the first two weekends? They won't be able to try this out? I hope they change their minds and add on the first two weekends of HHN too.

I wonder with the Hulk VR (I didn't go up to try it) maybe they will do all the houses in VR for this? If they can do a virtual ride for the Hulk could they have converted the houses to VR and this is another way to experience them so that is why it is not til the 29th?

On the expensive or not for HHN. I have ROF + express so $300. I will be there 10 nights so $30 per. I could have done it for $10 per night so IMO it is inexpensive to attend the best Halloween event in the country/world. Now with that said I am staying onsite and plan on dining not eating and drinking off the top shelf so $250 per day is what I will spend. Mostly to avoid a 10K+ DUI trying to get home after a night at HHN or worse killing someone out on I-4.

Reactions: Brownie54
I just discovered this, and I agree, it's either gonna be a hit or miss - I'm hoping for the first. Either way I am definitely going to give it a try. What can we expect, more of a horror or game kind of experience? Where is this even located? Does anyone have any information on this? Also, if we are doing the Private RIP Tour, will this be included, or not?

Thanks glad to get more official information about it. New questions, it says check in is at Blue Man Group, how does one make it to BMG and back into HHN? If it is external then why is an HHN pass needed ?

Reactions: Joel and Legolas813