Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

"The Repository" VR House

I think this sounds super cool and my boyfriend and I are thinking about going... I was trying to sell him on doing this while we were there but he was worried that they might touch you during this experience. I looked through all of the info I could on it and I couldn't find anything about how "intense" it would be. Personally, I don't mind if they touch you.... I've done haunts like this before, but I just wondered if there was info I missed....

I think this sounds super cool and my boyfriend and I are thinking about going... I was trying to sell him on doing this while we were there but he was worried that they might touch you during this experience. I looked through all of the info I could on it and I couldn't find anything about how "intense" it would be. Personally, I don't mind if they touch you.... I've done haunts like this before, but I just wondered if there was info I missed....
Pretty sure you will have interactions with the environment that would be the vr matching a physical prop such as a table. I am not sure about how this would apply to the legality of the experience. Touch you fears depend on the place and are probably more scary if you signed a waiver anyways.

I would imagine that if it's something similar to The Void; they'll place you into very small groups as they could embrace both live actors and the Virtual Reality. Although, it depends on how large it will be; and if it'll take up a quarter of the soundstage.

either way, I am very interested to see what happened; as I have to suspect that R&D is involved with this project just as much as the Art Department is. The question to me, how will they tie it up with the event? Could we see perhaps..some HHN character's of the past to be apart of it; thanks to Virtual Reality itself?

One thing's for certain. I have to imagine that those who do go through with experiencing it will be dealt with NDA's and that this will be the closest we see to an Extreme House for Horror Nights; but that's my opinion on that.

I did the upcharge houses at Howl-O-Scream which was around the same price and I thought it was totally worth it.

Well, that was $50 per group with a group limit of 4 people, so it is not quite the same thing. I mean, $50 for you and your friends to go through vs. $200 for you and your friends is a HUGE leap, especially for something untested by the GP.

I wonder which VR company out of these 5 who are partnered/invested by NBC are in charge of it...which would help me know what experience to expect.

Spaces
Felix & Paul
Baobob Studios
Kite and lightning
or Next VR...

I wonder which VR company out of these 5 who are partnered/invested by NBC are in charge of it...which would help me know what experience to expect.

Spaces
Felix & Paul
Baobob Studios
Kite and lightning
or Next VR...
The state it in the announcement. It's VRstudios.

I just made reservations for the Parkscope crew. 10/7 at 9:15. The whole process of making the reservation took about 15 minutes. It's very clunky right now. You pay for it before you even select a date and time. Then they either send you an email for each member of your party or you can complicate the process even more by giving them an email for each member. I opted to have it all sent to me.

ETA: it costs $53.24 a person after tax.

I just made reservations for the Parkscope crew. 10/7 at 9:15. The whole process of making the reservation took about 15 minutes. It's very clunky right now. You pay for it before you even select a date and time. Then they either send you an email for each member of your party or you can complicate the process even more by giving them an email for each member. I opted to have it all sent to me.

ETA: it costs $53.24 a person after tax.
That feels... Not right. You pay before you know if the time and date you want is even available?

Well I called for some info. They said if you book a time that is before HHN starts and finish before the event opens they will stick you in stay and scream or at the very least hold you there until they would let stay and scream out. The person also said it could take up to 90 mins which I'm assuming means check in and arriving early and all that jazz.

If I do this it will probably be by myself. I'd like to wait to book until a few reviews roll in. Anyone got room later in their group and thinking the same thing?

If I do this it will probably be by myself. I'd like to wait to book until a few reviews roll in. Anyone got room later in their group and thinking the same thing?

My wife and I are gettung rush of fear tickets this year, but I will probably save my premier pass ticket to do this later solo.

That's a garbage way to work this. What if the one day you can do it is booked?

So what it sounds like is the charging for the event and the Zomato reservation are independent and they're treating the reservations like a restaurant. This is so weirdly last minute.

Finally got a time and date for this. I started at 8:20 this morning and was told that all ticketing was through the website and they couldn't help me. So I waited till around 11:00 and saw someone on the facebook group post that they got tickets. So I called back and was able to pay for two tickets but was told that the date I wanted Oct. 1st was good but I would have to call back Sept 1st to set up a time. I received a confirmation email for my two tickets but no date was shown. Then I saw on Twitter that people were getting times and dates. So I called the dining reservation number at the bottom of my confirmation email (it said to call that number to set up a time). I was then transferred back to ticketing and had to hold again for 20 min. I was able to get a time and now have an email confirmation with it. The same thing happened to me with the scare actor dining when that was released. It seams that it takes them about half a day to figure out how to do newly released experiences. I will leave a review of it after to let anyone know if it is worth doing. FYI I think anyone can make reservations right now I wasn't once asked for my annual pass number or if I had one.