The Soul-Sucking Dementor on Forbidden Journey? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

The Soul-Sucking Dementor on Forbidden Journey?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hey now. Watch yourself.

I'm a PC. :wave:

So am I. But when it comes to certain things, Windows should stay out of the picture. For office stuff it's great. But when you need to run something like a ride show program or point of sale systems, it just doesn't work that well. These things require that the system be running all the time. The problem is that Windows usually needs frequent restarts.

This is the Harry Potter version of the Spidey signal issue I suppose...I'm guessing reset time is the issue...I've seen myself a few times but Saturday it was all skulls

From what I understand the Spidey signal was an electrical problem. I was told that the building got hit by lightning once, and somehow the wiring for that effect was the victim of a surge or something.

So am I. But when it comes to certain things, Windows should stay out of the picture. For office stuff it's great. But when you need to run something like a ride show program or point of sale systems, it just doesn't work that well. These things require that the system be running all the time. The problem is that Windows usually needs frequent restarts.

I run those just fine on my PC. :shrug:

While although I have a Mac, I would prefer that all ride systems be running on a version of the Linux operating system. I would hope most of UOR attractions are. (I expect most programmers would prefer the Linux OS as well)

While although I have a Mac, I would prefer that all ride systems be running on a version of the Linux operating system. I would hope most of UOR attractions are. (I expect most programmers would prefer the Linux OS as well)

It IS the most customizable and safest (if you know what you're doing).

I have ridden FJ many times and while my face has shown up, yesterday was different. If I remember correctly either 4 skulls or demontor faces were shown. I should have went on again to be sure but this was something I have not seen before.

I run those just fine on my PC. :shrug:

Wait, so you're running and entire front end of a supermarket on your PC just fine? This includes 15 registers, self checkouts, back office computers, and the over 100 peripheral devices on your PC? Not to mention a Lanehawk interface and electronic payment systems. Could you please call our IT department and tell them how to get everything running smoothly?

Sorry about the witty response, I'm just trying to give you an idea of what my experience is.