The Tonight Show coming to Universal Orlando | Inside Universal Forums

The Tonight Show coming to Universal Orlando

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jan 22, 2008
Orlando, FL
BoDMkUnCAAIgnop.png

Hey pals! We promised you that'd we'd take The Tonight Show on the road as soon as we could, so we're very excited to announce that The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon will be heading to Orlando, Florida for summer vacation!

That's right, we'll be taping brand new shows from Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida from June 16th through June 19th! We’ve got some great guests who'll be there too: Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull, Tracy Morgan, and more! You’ll get a first look at the brand new Harry Potter Diagon Alley theme park!

Live in the area? Come see us! Tickets for these special Orlando shows will be released later this week, using our regular ticketing website. We'll send out a tweet from the show's Twitter handle, @FallonTonight, to let you know as soon as they're available. Here's more info on how to book: FAQ: How To Book Tickets To The Tonight Show

You can also check out our Watch, Answer & Win Sweepstakes for a chance to get your own summer vacation to come see us there!

http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/blogs/6266

Discuss here.

Reactions: natespf
Ugh I would kill to see Fallon. My Dad met him at a bar once and said he was the nicest guy you'll ever meet. Hopefully he will have a segment where he's at diagon and he announces something about it. I'm definitely going to try and get tickets. I also wish NBC didn't get in that giant war with Conan because I would've loved to see him do something like this too. Who doesn't love the tram tour segment? [HASHTAG]#circles[/HASHTAG]

Last edited:
I assume they are going to set up in one of the sound stages for this? I wonder what his set will be like in that case, if it will just be something makeshift or more of a replica?

Thanks for the heads up Drew! There's also a sweepstakes for a chance to win attendance to the press preview at Diagon! Rewards also include a stay at Cabana Bay and tickets to Blue Man Group. It would be cool of someone here won!

https://tonightshowuniversal.com

I'm assuming they'll use the Toon Lagoon theater.
That was my other thought, thinking about what Conan has done on the road. It would seat a lot of people, definitely. Sound probably wouldn't be what they'd like it to be, but it's probably the best they have to work with.

Hey pals! We promised you that'd we'd take The Tonight Show on the road as soon as we could, so we're very excited to announce that The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon will be heading to Orlando, Florida for summer vacation!

That's right, we'll be taping brand new shows from Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida from June 16th through June 19th! We’ve got some great guests who'll be there too: Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull, Tracy Morgan, and more! You’ll get a first look at the brand new Harry Potter Diagon Alley theme park!

Live in the area? Come see us! Tickets for these special Orlando shows will be released later this week, using our regular ticketing website. We'll send out a tweet from the show's Twitter handle, @FallonTonight, to let you know as soon as they're available. Here's more info on how to book: FAQ: How To Book Tickets To The Tonight Show

You can also check out our Watch, Answer & Win Sweepstakes for a chance to get your own summer vacation to come see us there!.

So IMO atleast within 1 week of june 19th

Awesome news! :cheers:

Thanks for the heads up Drew! There's also a sweepstakes for a chance to win attendance to the press preview at Diagon! Rewards also include a stay at Cabana Bay and tickets to Blue Man Group. It would be cool of someone here won!

https://tonightshowuniversal.com

I am definitely entering this one! :thumbs:

Nice find! And also "the musical acts will perform on the Music Plaza Stage."

Also, per @FallonTonight tweets, taping tickets for Orlando will be released tomorrow (5/21). Their regular ticket website is http://www.showclix.com/event/thetonightshowstarringjimmyfallon although I'm not sure if the Orlando tickets will be there as well, but it is most likely.

Comcast/NBCU taking their best franchise -- still in its nascent stage with a new host -- to UO for the week is not only an excellent synergy play, but a HUGE vote of confidence by the parent company. Very cool.

Thank goodness for social media and other people letting me know about this. I usually fall watch or fall asleep during Jimmy and I went back on my DVr to see how I missed this. At the exact moment on wesh on directtv a commercial interrupts the announcement and it comes back after he is talking about leaky cauldron. Talk about good timing, not!

I've spent hours clicking refresh on the ticketing website and they have still not made them available. I refuse to start my day until the tickets are posted because with my luck they will post as soon as I go out. I'm going crazy here!:dance:

Does Universal have theater seating that can be installed in a sloped fashion at the drop of a hat? I believe the seating for The Grinch show is bleacher style?
They had bleacher that they used for TNA and when they taped a season of Family Feud they had bleacher style audience seating. As you said The Grinch show has it as well. I'm sure they'll be able to have plenty of seating.

They had bleacher that they used for TNA and when they taped a season of Family Feud they had bleacher style audience seating. As you said The Grinch show has it as well. I'm sure they'll be able to have plenty of seating.

Right, what I was wondering if they might have cushioned theater seating instead... because that is what The Tonight Show is accustomed too.